Dillard moved to WILL

I am a fan of Dillard. I hope he plays a lot against V Tech.

That's great that you're a fan of his. I have nothing against him and wish him well, but since he hasn't really seen the field yet, I don't expect to see much, if any, of him against VaTech unless he really has a kickass week of practice.

So far I guess he has had a good week of practice. :w00t

He's starting at WLB, great news, our best run stopper and most experienced LB..Great great news

That's good for him. Hope he makes the most of his second or third or fourth or whatever chance it is.

The coaches must feel they need someone a little bigger in there to take on blocks and be real physical. Those young guys have been getting pushed around a little bit.

he is running with the 1s at will so he must be faster Adrian Fiala say he may start at will!

Idk if it's that he's faster, more or less he fits what Nebraska is going to try to do defensively that game. He is nearly 250 pounds and his strength has always been run defense.

I expect to see Nickle the same as it has been the last couple of games.

I think he's got down to 235 again. My guess is the coaching staff is going to stick the best run defenders on the field and depend on Taylor's half-ass arm to beat itself. Here's to hoping it works.

He is down to 229 and runs now between a 4.5 and 4.6 40. I think the reason we haven't seen him is because he has been learning his new position. I think he will be the full time starter at WLB.

he is running with the 1s at will so he must be faster Adrian Fiala say he may start at will!

Idk if it's that he's faster, more or less he fits what Nebraska is going to try to do defensively that game. He is nearly 250 pounds and his strength has always been run defense.

I expect to see Nickle the same as it has been the last couple of games.

I think he's got down to 235 again. My guess is the coaching staff is going to stick the best run defenders on the field and depend on Taylor's half-ass arm to beat itself. Here's to hoping it works.

He is down to 229 and runs now between a 4.5 and 4.6 40. I think the reason we haven't seen him is because he has been learning his new position. I think he will be the full time starter at WLB.

that'd be sick. weakside is the buck position right?

Edit: answered my own question. didn't we use to have SAM and WILL backer positions? they're BUCK and WILL now. why? wtf does buck mean?

So: Dillard is the BUCK over Fisher?

I was always confused by that. WLB = BUCK? I'd have thought WLB = WILL just based on the letters...it's confusing. As in WILL = W for weakside, SAM = S for strongside.

I'd think it'd make more sense for him to step in over Fisher than over Lawrence/May at this point.

I was always confused by that. WLB = BUCK? I'd have thought WLB = WILL just based on the letters...it's confusing. As in WILL = W for weakside, SAM = S for strongside.

I'd think it'd make more sense for him to step in over Fisher than over Lawrence/May at this point.

Fisher is Buck, Compton Mike, and Lawrence/May Will. So I think Dillard will play over Lawrence/May...

I think...

No.

Will is the Weakside LB (played by Lawrence and May so far)

Mike is the Middle LB (Compton)

Buck is the Strongside LB (Fisher) (I don't know why, but this is Pelini's terminology.)

So Dillard is replacing Lawrence. I think the "soft" comments last week played heavily into this switch.

No.

Will is the Weakside LB (played by Lawrence and May so far)

Mike is the Middle LB (Compton)

Buck is the Strongside LB (Fisher) (I don't know why, but this is Pelini's terminology.)

So Dillard is replacing Lawrence. I think the "soft" comments last week played heavily into this switch.

it should be sam, mike, and will or buck. apparently pelini's difference in terminology allows the weak and strong side backers to have similar responsibilities no matter which side they are on. like the weak side backer can play strong side on some plays to hide coverages or blitz the strong side backer. although the blitzing part seems dumb because you wouldn't have a numbers advantage. but i'm not a coach by any means, obviously.

It's all part of the plan. Dillard is a freak - a near superhuman tireless, unstoppable machine. Bo knows this, but wanted to keep Dillard under wraps so the Hokies couldn't get film on him before the game.

This Saturday, Dillard will launch on Blacksburg like an intercontinental ballistic hail storm.

Boom goes the dynamite.

It's all part of the plan. Dillard is a freak - a near superhuman tireless, unstoppable machine. Bo knows this, but wanted to keep Dillard under wraps so the Hokies couldn't get film on him before the game.

This Saturday, Dillard will launch on Blacksburg like an intercontinental ballistic hail storm.

Boom goes the dynamite.

As funny as that was, I really doubt Pelini was hiding him to unleash against the Hokies. After all, the Hokies have seen him before and one guy isn't going to change the whole game.

I think the WILL LBs are not as far along as originally thought. Lawrence made two plays the whole game against Arkansas State and May was in there for a few plays.