Buffs wearing throwback unis

np_husker

I guess they need something to get excited about...

BOULDER - The University of Colorado will wear uniforms commemorating the 1930s when they host the Wyoming Cowboys on Saturday.

The new uniform was unveiled at Head Coach Dan Hawkins weekly news conference on Tuesday.

With the help of the designers at Nike, the Buffs will don the jersey of that era, gold in color with black numbers, along with silver pants.

The field will be painted as it was 50 years ago and will be highlighted by the lettering in the endzone.

Kickoff for the game is scheduled for 1:30 p.m.

http://www.9news.com/sports/article.aspx?s...9&catid=295

Man...how many different unis are they going to lose in this year?

That is some funny stuff there Killer........the more you post on this site the more I respect and root for Clemson. :clap

But as for the Throwback uniforms those things are HIDEOUS just like Dan Hawkins overall record at Colorado

CU could do throwback jerseys to the last time they were good. Nobody remembers what those jerseys looked like either.

I think some of the throwback stuff is for merchandising. If you've already got a game jersey, maybe one in home and another away, you might not be likely to buy another, but this is something different some fans may buy.

I always figured this was why when Jordan came back, he wore #45 instead of 23.