This just in...

n.e.husker

Are you sure it was the right Mark May? Like was he black and have glasses and played at Pitt? No way it was that one... That's like blasphemy for ESPN or Mark May...

Me wonders if it is politically correct to ask if a black man is black even when describing him?

I have specific information regarding instances where just such a thing has happened. But I am not at liberty to share more than this. To be fair, this type of thing is not limited to Black people. It is a phenomenon I have observed in people of many genders, races, national origins and religions.

Knapplc,

I knew you would bite but I wasn't being serious............lol

While this game is a measuring stick for Nebraska, I don't know if it really is for VT. VT is supposed to be one of the top if not the top team in the ACC while Nebraska by most media outlets would probably fall to what 4th in the Big 12 behind Texas, OU, and Okie State? The real measuring stick game will probably be the Miami/OU game where Miami is supposed to be one of the top ACC teams and OU is supposed to be one of the top Big 12 teams.

While this game is a measuring stick for Nebraska, I don't know if it really is for VT. VT is supposed to be one of the top if not the top team in the ACC while Nebraska by most media outlets would probably fall to what 4th in the Big 12 behind Texas, OU, and Okie State? The real measuring stick game will probably be the Miami/OU game where Miami is supposed to be one of the top ACC teams and OU is supposed to be one of the top Big 12 teams.

And judging by the post-game footage (I didn't get to watch the game), Miami could definitely play OU very tough. I think it's highly probable, OU comes away from that game 2-2.

If NU loses--even if by a point, NU isn't yet ready to join the national conversation. Mark my words.

And they'll be right.

This is an extremely young team with a lot of new starters that hasn't done anything yet. If we want to be part of the "national conversation" we have to beat a ranked team at some point. FAU and Ak St. mean nothing. A close loss may be better than getting blown out and may demonstrate improvement from the Callahan era, but it doesn't mean were part of the conversation. What did the close losses during the Cal era to UT for example mean? Nothing.

I love how everyone spent the last 5 years complaining about how ESPN doesn't give the Huskers any credit while simultaneously complaining about how terrible we are under Callahan. We start winning big games and we'll get the credit.

That's all well and good for Miami and OU, but this is a measuring stick for us. This game is a very important game for the program as well as recruiting. NU is planning on making it a big deal for the 300 sell out. Selling 3 and 4 star recruits tradition and atmosphere is all well and goo, but we have to start showing some of the better recruits that not only can we win big against college football's bottom feeders we can compete with the big boys.

Regardless to what people say when a kid sits down and looks at the options they have available they usually go to the school for two reasons:

Where do I feel I would get the best chance to play.

Where do I feel I will have the best chance to win.

Nothing saying all but for the most part all that other stuff is just fluff.

I am interested to see how the Miami/V-Tech game next week turns out becuase after our game we will know where V-Tech as and be able to gauge how good Miami really is.

Then the Miami/OU game following weekend will give us a good gauge of the OU team we will face on November 7th

That's all well and good for Miami and OU, but this is a measuring stick for us. This game is a very important game for the program as well as recruiting. NU is planning on making it a big deal for the 300 sell out. Selling 3 and 4 star recruits tradition and atmosphere is all well and goo, but we have to start showing some of the better recruits that not only can we win big against college football's bottom feeders we can compete with the big boys.

Regardless to what people say when a kid sits down and looks at the options they have available they usually go to the school for two reasons:

I am interested to see how the Miami/V-Tech game next week turns out becuase after our game we will know where V-Tech as and be able to gauge how good Miami really is.

Then the Miami/OU game following weekend will give us a good gauge of the OU team we will face on November 7th

:yeah

Those two and the relationship with the coach. Spot on, NKAFM. Hey that sounds like call letters for a radio station!

Um, I believe my first sentence stated this is a good measuring stick for Nebraska. What I was refuting was the talk of it being a measuring stick for VT and the ACC because it isn't. A better measuring stick for the ACC conference will obviously be the Miami/OU game.

This is a measuring stick for VT. It is their only opportunity to compete against an out of conference opponent that actually means anything. The ACC has been tetering down at the bottom of the BCS conferences with the Big East for the past couple of years. Besides the Nebraska V-Tech has only three games of significance left on there schedule. Miami, Georgia Tech, and North Carolina. All of which are conference games, this Nebraska game give them an opportunity to compete with what is believed to be a power conference. I believe they will be ready after losing already to everybody favorite the SEC.

What was their game against Alabama? Alabama is projected to make a push to be the champion of the SEC. Nebraska is projected as probably the 4th if not the 5th best team in the Big 12. Make no mistake about it. This game is not a measuring stick for VT or the ACC this weekend! VT's measuring stick was against Alabama.

Then why is every national media outlet saying this is the ACC's last chance? Hate to break it to you, no team with a coach worth a sh#t would acknowledge a "measuring stick" game. The media sets these "measureing stick" games, because only the media pumps us full of this crap in order to get controversy to get ratings.

Although I hate to admit it, when I say media I mean ESPN.

Reality is if ESPN calls it a measuring stick game...it is! That's just the way the sports world works now.

It's the ACC's last chance until Miami plays OU. This will be the measuring stick game with one of the top ACC teams playing one of the top Big 12 teams. This weekend is nothing more than one of the top ACC teams playing an almost middle of the pack as of right now Big 12 teams. Since it's a nationally televised game, of course the media is making a big deal of it THIS week. However, at the end of the day it isn't. VT already had their big stage against Alabama and blew it.