Cody Green's first start next Saturday?

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. Zac didn't play horrible, but he missed a lot of easy throws, and threw horribly down field.

Bad day at the office? Maybe. But if this is indicative of his performance against the majors, we lose 3 more minimum and no chance to play in the CCG.

If Cody Green brings you at least as much, then he should be your answer. I would doubt he delivers worse results at the position. So if you even remotely think he could be "the guy" this year, you give him the start against LL and see what happens. So what if he only knows 20 plays. That's all you are going to need anyway.

If Zac's the starter, get yourself ready for a 9-4 season. No more, no less.

The guy is average.

If Cody Green is average, then you play him and get on down that road.

Do you know how to manage a football game?

Heck no, I just didn't see anything that impressive in Zac Lee except he has some wheels.

Several passes were close to being picked.

Does Cody Green deliver any less? If the answer is "no", then you play him if he's your future.

It's not about telling the coaches how many plays you know from the playbook. We didn't do worth a **** with 330 plays or whatever. My guess is that Green knows as many plays that can be executed by the other 10 players on the offense as Lee.

He may not be impressive in practice and might either not throw the ball well or have trouble holding on to it. On the other hand, Lee is not impressive against a good team. VT is not the best team we will face by a long shot.

Green may not be the answer--but he will have his chance before this season is over; and not because of an injury to Lee.