Why Bo didn't challenge the Holt Catch

omahapanda

Can you really blame this non-review on anyone but the officials? The reviewed the catch Va-Tech had on the sideline on the very first drive so they probably should have reviewed this one.

Also doesn’t Beck sit right next to Watson in the booth? If you are going to blame Watson for not telling Bo to review this then you might as well throw just as much blame on Beck as well.

Can you really blame this non-review on anyone but the officials? The reviewed the catch Va-Tech had on the sideline on the very first drive so they probably should have reviewed this one.

Also doesn’t Beck sit right next to Watson in the booth? If you are going to blame Watson for not telling Bo to review this then you might as well throw just as much blame on Beck as well.

Everyplay is reviewed in the booth. All the booth needed was one look to determine the ball wasn't caught. Hell I only needed one look. Why is everyone complaining about it because they didn't get the head official involved on the review. It was looked at in the booth (As everyplay is) and it was determined they did not need to stop play and take more time to look because the ref made the correct call (which he did). So what if it was reviewed with the head official or not. If they stopped play and got him involved it still would not have been overturned.

That is the myth about CFB instant replay, fact is that the booth reviews each and every play to see if there is a question about the call made. If they feel there is a question about the call made from that review, they stop play for an official review. Obviously the replay booth felt confident that the call was correct and didn't need to stop play for a lengthy look. There was a decent amount of time between snaps, heck the broadcast showed us like 4-6 views at least from different angles so I am sure the booth got at least what we got and then some and still didn't stop play.

From the Big 12 Web site insider's blog :o

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...;ATCLID=1524615

"* Nebraska coach Bo Pelini believes that his team's gut-busting 16-15 loss at Virginia Tech will be valuable in the long run. "I think we'll be a better football team because of it," he said. "You've got to finish things off, execute for four quarters. We didn't do that and it cost us."

* Pelini said he didn't use a coach's challenge when Menelik Holt's apparent touchdown catch was overruled. "We didn't have a good look at it," Pelini said. "I asked the (official), 'Are you reviewing it?' ... He said he was clearly bobbling it going out-of-bounds. ... So what are you going to do? I didn't want to use a timeout on that play because I was told he was clearly bobbling it. ... Honestly, I'm green enough, I'm not exactly sure what I'm allowed to comment on and what I'm not allowed to comment on. I think it's pretty obvious from watching the replay (that he caught the ball)." By the way, here's the rulebook explanation on a play like Holt's non-catch: "Any receiver going to the ground on his own in the process of making a catch must maintain control of the ball when he hits the ground.""

Everyplay is reviewed in the booth. All the booth needed was one look to determine the ball wasn't caught. Hell I only needed one look. Why is everyone complaining about it because they didn't get the head official involved on the review. It was looked at in the booth (As everyplay is) and it was determined they did not need to stop play and take more time to look because the ref made the correct call (which he did). So what if it was reviewed with the head official or not. If they stopped play and got him involved it still would not have been overturned.

:yeah

What I want to know -is if we are 1st and goal inside the 5 -- why not just POUND THE ROCK !! ???

Welcome to Huskerboard Chop. This had me puzzled too, if you can't get your best lineman to make a hole for your best back and get into the end zone then you deserve to loose. If I was Helu I'd be a little pissed off. It would also make me play harder the next week and the week after, and the week after, and the week after... All that I have left to say is the Huskers got whupped by a good team, playing on their home field and it was by 1 point. The term, "moral victory," is normally used in situations like this but I prefer to say, "We got snake bit in the last few seconds of a hard fought game, we lived through it and now we are pissed off."

GBR

T_O_B

:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam