Lee misses practice

np_husker

He is fine except for a broken hand!! lol :rollin:rollin

By Mitch Sherman

World-Herald Bureau

LINCOLN — Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee wore a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb and did not dress for practice today as the Huskers began physical preparations for their meeting Saturday night at home against Louisiana-Lafayette.

How did you get broken hand out of a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb?

Are you not able to read?

the LJS called it a 'cast'.....

The pain obviously played a big part of it. I've jammed a thumb playing before and it felt brutal all day. And yes it can impact how you play after it happens. He's not a lineman. It'll get better though (hopefully).

I think McNeil and Niles would have caught that TD pass in the corner. It was a heckuva pass. But that's just my opinion.

Lee will obviously be the starter again against M"eth"U but i would not argue if green gets the start this week so that Lee can be fully healed and ready to whip some ass next thursday....

.....and no i do not want green to start outside of this game!

It doesn't sound as if it's a big enough of a deal for him not to start, I wonder how early in the VT game he received this injury. Either way the non-throwing hand shouldn't affect anything except receiving snaps and handoffs...

I don't know what it is like for a qb, but in baseball pitchers struggle with accuracy with an injury to the non-throwing hand.

Lee will obviously be the starter again against M"eth"U but i would not argue if green gets the start this week so that Lee can be fully healed and ready to whip some ass next thursday....

.....and no i do not want green to start outside of this game!

It doesn't sound as if it's a big enough of a deal for him not to start, I wonder how early in the VT game he received this injury. Either way the non-throwing hand shouldn't affect anything except receiving snaps and handoffs...

I don't know what it is like for a qb, but in baseball pitchers struggle with accuracy with an injury to the non-throwing hand.

the snap would be the biggest issue with a thumb injury to a non throwing hand. the last thing we need are fumbled snaps. weather or not Green is really ready for primetime, if Lee is going to have snap/center exchange issues, Green is a better option.

He is fine except for a broken hand!! lol :rollin:rollin

By Mitch Sherman

World-Herald Bureau

LINCOLN — Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee wore a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb and did not dress for practice today as the Huskers began physical preparations for their meeting Saturday night at home against Louisiana-Lafayette.

How did you get broken hand out of a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb?

Are you not able to read?

the LJS called it a 'cast'.....

There's your source of error

ugh, i think im going to avoid these threads about Lee's hand, or who will start this Saturday, or beyond, until about midweek or Thursday. Because as of right now, all i hear is speculation not fact, and its only going to get worse.

You heard Lee's hand was off at the wrist, right? That's all you need to know at this point. Well, that and the fact that they're putting a bionic hand in place on Wednesday. So you can probably skip these threads until Thursday so you can find out how the new appendage is healing.

And remember - don't flame the rumor providers. We're providing a service. :thumbs

What I think is funny is that on KUsports.com all the Jayhawk fans seem to think Cody Green is the next Vince Young! They're all in shock and awe that we aren't starting Green. Just thought that was funny and would share that with you guys.

They also think Mangino should put out a self-help book on how to live life to the fullest as a human blimp.

They're opinions are a little shaky...... :box

What I think is funny is that on KUsports.com all the Jayhawk fans seem to think Cody Green is the next Vince Young! They're all in shock and awe that we aren't starting Green. Just thought that was funny and would share that with you guys.

They also think Mangino should put out a self-help book on how to live life to the fullest as a human blimp.

They're opinions are a little shaky...... :box

LOL wow that's awesome. I don't even know what to say back to that besides thank you. That was great :)