Witt Starting at Yale

sdhusker82

"I finally just decided, if I'm going into spring practice, I'm going to be here this fall and I'm going to graduate from Nebraska," Witt said.

That's not what he wanted. What Witt wanted is the vibrant academic atmosphere he has found at Yale in classes such as "Political Philosophy of Abraham Lincoln" and "Comparative Welfare Policy in Developing Countries." He wanted a locker room where the level of humor rose above towel-snapping. Girls are a topic of conversation, but so is health care.

He found a locker room, he said, where he heard the refrain "C's get degrees." He saw Nebraska players who graduated in 2008 struggle to find the kind of job that might appeal to him.

What an a$$. One of my degrees is from Cornell and would never think, let alone say such B.S. The education, no matter where you go, is what YOU make of it. Even at Mizzou this is case.

I agree, college education is what you make of it, but the players in the Yale locker room and the Nebraska locker room are quite different. That's not b.s.

yes the ones in the nebraska locker room dont suck at Football

acting like NU's was holding him back is a joke..........

a degree at NU can get him anywhere he want to go. heck a degree at peru freaking state got me into med school. he just sounds like a rich stuck up white boy.... i'm glad he's gone. its clear from his attitude that he would never have been able to gain the respect of the other players.

"I finally just decided, if I'm going into spring practice, I'm going to be here this fall and I'm going to graduate from Nebraska," Witt said.

That's not what he wanted. What Witt wanted is the vibrant academic atmosphere he has found at Yale in classes such as "Political Philosophy of Abraham Lincoln" and "Comparative Welfare Policy in Developing Countries." He wanted a locker room where the level of humor rose above towel-snapping. Girls are a topic of conversation, but so is health care.

He found a locker room, he said, where he heard the refrain "C's get degrees." He saw Nebraska players who graduated in 2008 struggle to find the kind of job that might appeal to him.

What an a$$. One of my degrees is from Cornell and would never think, let alone say such B.S. The education, no matter where you go, is what YOU make of it. Even at Mizzou this is case.

I agree, college education is what you make of it, but the players in the Yale locker room and the Nebraska locker room are quite different. That's not b.s.

yes the ones in the nebraska locker room dont suck at Football

:laughpound That one made me laugh.

I would put it like this:

At Nebraska there are football players who happen to go to school.

At Yale there are scholars who happen to play football.

Very well put my friend...

If scholars played football at the professional level, there wouldn't be players like Brett Favre and Terrell Owens...