Tim Griffin

I dont know if anyone else is addicted to reading his blog, but I am getting pretty tired of his husker hating, he seems to have a pretty strong bias against the big red, or is it just me. :espnsucks:

He said the reason Nebraska isn't in his top two for the North is because Nebraska had trouble in the red zone, "IN BLACKSBURG", Against "#13 VIRGINA TECH" with a first year starter at QB SHOCKING!!! The New Orleans SAINTS would have trouble in The Red Zone there.

And for that he believes that Nebraska will have problems with Baylor? Kansas? I like the Skers chances against OU at home, and against MU on a Thursday night..

Pound for pound Nebraska Dominated Va Tech.. anyone who says different is ignorant.

Sorry my rant is over....

:rant

I dont know if anyone else is addicted to reading his blog, but I am getting pretty tired of his husker hating, he seems to have a pretty strong bias against the big red, or is it just me. :espnsucks:

Yeah, it's just you.

Most on here find him to be a good read, and fair (maybe even a bit pro-Nebraska).

He's ok I guess. I do read most of his stuff. You have to remember that we look at our Huskers through red tinted glasses. Until we start winning games against the upper level teams we are not going to get a lot of respect. Even a win over V Tech wouldn't have been more than a first step. The Huskers dominated most of the game but found a way to lose it. Another way of looking at it is that if T Taylor had not overthrown so many open receivers they could have won by 2 touchdowns. Both teams squandered opportunities.

Yeah, it's just you.

Most on here find him to be a good read, and fair (maybe even a bit pro-Nebraska).

He'd picked Nebraska to win the North until Castille left. Seems a valid assessment at this point until Nebraska scores a TD against a real D.

Just because someone has questions about how good the Huskers are doesn't mean they are biased against the Big Red or anti-Nebraska. Half the people on this board have questions: about the offense, about the secondary, about the playcalling. The Huskers haven't done anything yet so far this season to show they're the front runners for the North. Hopefully that will change on Oct. 8.

I have a feeling that the problem with the Red Zone is going to go away this week, and then Mizzou is going to get a little taste of it, too. I like the way the team is responding after losing to VT, I haven't seen this kind of energy for years - it is really nice to see. There is a sense of competition for playing time on this team that hasn't been there since before Callahan...the people that are starting know they have to come to practice with their "A" game or they will be riding the pine, the people behind them know that if they come and work their butts off they have a real shot at actually playing or even taking the starting position. Under Callahan, everyone knew "their role" and accepted that it was a given...the starters were starters, and the backups were blocking dummies for the starters. Everyone else was basically lucky to get to be on the practice field.

There are those that think once we beat Missouri that the monkey will be off our back and it will shut up Mizzou fans...I think we will have to beat them this year and then next year, otherwise they will say it was only a fluke. It may even take three wins in a row to shut them up.

Expect the Husker bashing to continue for a while, we have to beat some ranked teams to get that off our back. I like where we are headed though...and think we are just about to the point where we will start earning that respect back. Respect=Silence when it comes to our opponents...right now they don't respect us. Once we start winning consistently again, the silence will be deafening, except from the occasional troll that just is looking to stir the sh#t.

How many National Championships does Missouri or Kansas have? That question always shuts them up - then when they can't talk about the play on the field they have to start talking trash about some of the off the field antics that has gone on over the years. The only reason we don't hear about their off the field stuff is because nobody cares because they are inconsequential (for you Colorado and Mizzou fans - that means you are nobody). When they start talking about the off the field issues, it means pretty much that they have no argument and are just throwing mud to see if they can make something stick and piss somebody off enough to come back at them. That is when I ignore them and walk away...I don't like to talk to people that have no intelligence.

:restore

Yeah, it's just you.

Ditto.

Against VT NU couldn't and didn't get it done in the Red Zone because lack of proper play calling and lack of play. Until they can prove they will get it done in the red zone 90% of the time, these justified comments will continue to come and be a fact.

Yeah, it's just you.

It's just you......Whenever someone see something written negative or in criticism they automatically believe they hate Nebraska. He says lots of good things about Nebraska too. More than negative things.

Yeah, it's just you.

Ditto.

Against VT NU couldn't and didn't get it done in the Red Zone because lack of proper play calling and lack of play. Until they can prove they will get it done in the red zone 90% of the time, these justified comments will continue to come and be a fact.

Ditto Ditto

He said the reason Nebraska isn't in his top two for the North is because Nebraska had trouble in the red zone, "IN BLACKSBURG", Against "#13 VIRGINA TECH" with a first year starter at QB SHOCKING!!! The New Orleans SAINTS would have trouble in The Red Zone there.

And for that he believes that Nebraska will have problems with Baylor? Kansas? I like the Skers chances against OU at home, and against MU on a Thursday night..

Pound for pound Nebraska Dominated Va Tech.. anyone who says different is ignorant.

Sorry my rant is over....

:rant

just one guy's opinion.

and opinions vary.

Have you guys ever seen Tim Griffin? Or heard him talk? He looks like he has never played football a day in his life. Not saying that can't mean you don't know a lot about football, but this dude is a journalist first. I think he is an idiot...whether he says good things about Nebraska or bad things...I don't care. Looks like a little weasel too. And he goes on and on about Texas and it drives me nuts. Texas isn't that good. With the amount of supposed talent they have...they should win almost every year. But every year they mess up somehow.