Live Wire Top 25 Week 3

Illojikal

Yes, I did not drop the Huskers like the other polls did. Here's a clip:

Random Thought: Homer warning!

You don't think these polls are ridiculous, check this week out. The AP Poll has Washington ranked above Nebraska. So what, Washington beat a washed out USC team that was likely overrated to begin with and now they get all this love. Their next loss is right around the corner. Both polls have Kansas above Nebraska and the USA Today poll has Missouri above Nebraska. Does anyone really think that Kansas, Washington and Missouri could beat the Huskers ... really? Nebraska could likely beat LSU, Ohio State, BYU, and Georgia who are all ranked above them, and give us Virginia Tech in a seven game, we win the series in six. But football is one game and one game only. Bring it every week.

http://live-wire-media.blogspot.com/

Thanks all! Go 'Skers!

Wow I'm one of the biggest Husker sunshine pumper there is probably but even I can understand why those teams are ranked ahead of us. Mizzou and KU haven't lost yet and we have, Washington lost to a top ten ranked team and beat a top ten ranked team, we lost to a top 15 ranked team, Georgia just started out ahead of us and I'll agree that's BS bc there shouldn't be pre season polls. We win we move up, we lose we drop it's as easy as that. We have to beat highly regarded teams at that. Only ND gets the privelage of jumping 7 spots by beating unranked teams.

Read the rest and you'll see why. Kansas has played a parade of nobodies and Mizzou damn near lost to Bowling Green. I don't do my ranking based off the others. I don't even look at them. I base my rankings based on who I think the better team is in certain situations. A dominant performance over a top 15 opponent in a game Nebraska should have won tells me more about how good Nebraska is more than a win over Duke tells me about Kansas. You have to understand I'm not buying into traditional ways of ranking systems when doing this.

i will give you credit. you know your so much of a homer you feel the need to put up a warning before making your crazy statements. You talk about a "washed out" USC, then go on to claim that, Ne should basically easily beat KU, MU and Washington. Then your pretty sure they could LSU, Ohio State, BYU, and Georgia. But thats not all, now you say Nebraska would beat VT 4 out of 6 games, basically 4 out of the next 5.

Homer warning is right... :rolleyes:

Wow I'm one of the biggest Husker sunshine pumper there is probably but even I can understand why those teams are ranked ahead of us. Mizzou and KU haven't lost yet and we have, Washington lost to a top ten ranked team and beat a top ten ranked team, we lost to a top 15 ranked team, Georgia just started out ahead of us and I'll agree that's BS bc there shouldn't be pre season polls. We win we move up, we lose we drop it's as easy as that. We have to beat highly regarded teams at that. Only ND gets the privelage of jumping 7 spots by beating unranked teams.

I have no problem with teams that we still have to play being ranked ahead of us. It only helps. Assuming we can actually raise up and beat a ranked team!

i will give you credit. you know your so much of a homer you feel the need to put up a warning before making your crazy statements. You talk about a "washed out" USC, then go on to claim that, Ne should basically easily beat KU, MU and Washington. Then your pretty sure they could LSU, Ohio State, BYU, and Georgia. But thats not all, now you say Nebraska would beat VT 4 out of 6 games, basically 4 out of the next 5.

I think we would beat VT 4 out of 5 if we played them 5 more times.. Anyone who actually watched the game would probably agree.

I think we would beat VT 4 out of 5 if we played them 5 more times.. Anyone who actually watched the game would probably agree.

We grew up a lot during that game. Sometimes you work and you're not rewarded for it. Or sometimes the reward shows up later. That's what I think will come of the VT game. That whole team knows they should have won the game, that they played well enough to win the game, but that little things kept them from winning.