Nebraska is the best team in the North

Haha. The more I read these posts from the Mizzou fans the more I start to think that Columbia, MO is the Coral Gables of the Midwest... minus the hot girls :)

i could see that comparison! especially the girls part, but missouri guys find the toothless chicks to look amazing!

You've gotta be kidding me. Hick smack from a Nebraskan?

yes exactly what i said! MU fans say that our history in the game has nothing to do with it but apparently theirs does!

fact is that our history actually does have an impact on the game today because kids know that we have won national titles and they can see the things that we are able to build because we have more money because of those wins/fans and that helps recruiting! MUs wins the last couple years will eventually help them a little if they continue their recent success but recruits they got last season are not going to help much this season! looking at recruiting rankings, our classes are ALWAYS more highly regarded than theirs and it is because of our history and not because MU beat us last season...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The fact that we beat you last year, and pretty regularly lately, reflecting at least to some degree the talent of both teams, which carries over at least somewhat to this year and actually has a bearing on the game is dismissed. But your "tradition" is going to help you?

Here's a clue. Your tradition means you will always be a good football team over the long haul. But the harsh truth that NU fans may never accept is that they're never going to be as good as they were before. Maybe in your good years you'll be OU and Texas, just like Mizzou is capable of doing in good years. But you're too far from fertile recruiting grounds and you're too far removed from greatness to cherry pick players away from other powers. Or did you notice you're not getting them from Missouri quite so often anymore?

yes exactly what i said! MU fans say that our history in the game has nothing to do with it but apparently theirs does!

fact is that our history actually does have an impact on the game today because kids know that we have won national titles and they can see the things that we are able to build because we have more money because of those wins/fans and that helps recruiting! MUs wins the last couple years will eventually help them a little if they continue their recent success but recruits they got last season are not going to help much this season! looking at recruiting rankings, our classes are ALWAYS more highly regarded than theirs and it is because of our history and not because MU beat us last season...

This is exactly what I'm talking about. The fact that we beat you last year, and pretty regularly lately, reflecting at least to some degree the talent of both teams, which carries over at least somewhat to this year and actually has a bearing on the game is dismissed. But your "tradition" is going to help you?

Here's a clue. Your tradition means you will always be a good football team over the long haul. But the harsh truth that NU fans may never accept is that they're never going to be as good as they were before. Maybe in your good years you'll be OU and Texas, just like Mizzou is capable of doing in good years. But you're too far from fertile recruiting grounds and you're too far removed from greatness to cherry pick players away from other powers. Or did you notice you're not getting them from Missouri quite so often anymore?

hahaha....do you really think we got the best players all around in our heyday??? WE DIDNT.

and no we wont be as good as we were in the 90's again, at least not likely, but no one will!

no offense but we will get back to being consistently better than MU and it has already started as you will see next thursday!

Our recruiting has been statistically better than MUs has every year and thats not going to change and it happens that way because of our history and tradition no matter how much you disagree...its right there in print!

all it takes is a couple years of us whipping your ass again and we will get those missouri recruits back again....

I haven't seen a Mizzou team capable of beating OU and Texas recently...

Haha. The more I read these posts from the Mizzou fans the more I start to think that Columbia, MO is the Coral Gables of the Midwest... minus the hot girls :)

i could see that comparison! especially the girls part, but missouri guys find the toothless chicks to look amazing!

You've gotta be kidding me. Hick smack from a Nebraskan?

oh geez, here we go! i grew up in Missouri...moved to nebraska.....and now live in iowa. here is a totem poll of the way the ladies look in each state.

IOWA

-

-

NEBRASKA

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

TOOTHLESS CHICKS FROM MISSOURI

-

OGRES

seriously, missouri chicks are ugly and most of them look like trailer trash.....no offense of course! haha

I haven't seen a Mizzou team capable of beating OU and Texas recently...

i was thinking the same thing...

First off, by saying that our defense looked good against Virginia Tech and Mizzou has a far superior offense to Va Tech, you are discrediting yourself. All the statements you have made have been talking about how we can't say anything about Nebraska because we don't know yet. But who has Mizzou played?

I'm not sold that Missouri has a FAR superior offense to Va Tech. They may have last year, but that's just what it is, LAST year. This year they have struggled against two of their cupcake (27-20 comeback against BGSU and 31-21 win at Nevada). Now you know as well as I do that the score in that Nevada game is looking a lot better than the game did. Nevada, an average defensive team, absolutely SHUT down your running game and also was able to run all over Mizzou between the tackles. But, as I've stated, I don't believe they are far superior to VT, just different styles, Tech runs a smashmouth on the ground, while Mizzou prefers the air.

But by saying that Nebraska isn't tested, you are saying exactly the same about Missouri. But simply by looking at the games they have played, Nebraska has handled business against the cupcakes MUCH better than has Mizzou. And don't discredit the ACC, Virginia Tech puts a solid team on the field EVERY year and looks good against non-conference power houses as well as their own conference.

VT's offense is ranked 77th in the country. Mizzou's 16th. It may be early, but expect that to hold up. And to be honest, if you can't see the difference in their offensive capabilities, even against disparate competition, then it doesn't lend credence to your opinion. Blaine Gabbert may be green, but I'll be shocked if he's still around his senior year. Tyrod Taylor is an athletic wonder but he's a "quarterback" if you know what I mean.

As for Mizzou playing nobody, again, I posted numbers above showing our nonconference wins were against better competition, and gave evidence that they're better than even those rankings. We have played somebody alright. Going into the season, most people predicted Illinois and Nevada as losses, and Bowling Green as a threat. They're not as good as Nebraska of course, but then again we were clearly superior to any of those teams.

Nebraska on the other hand, has not beaten a team ranked higher than 85th. Ouch with a capital O. Do you really think running up the score on the Northwestern Saskatchewan School for the Blind means you've proven something? That's like saying Mizzou has a great offense because we beat Furman.

No, Mizzou has a great offense because we have a QB with a cannon arm, good accuracy, and hasn't thrown an interception all year. Eventually that will change, possibly against NU, but that's an accomplishment. He's top 10 in both yardage (despite the 2nd fewest attempts of the top 10) and QB rating. The only other sophomores remotely close to him in accomplishment (Mallet and Harris) have received Heisman buzz.

And it turns out that the backups to all those NFL receivers we lost are pretty darn good. Among the best in the conference even. And we have the highest yardage running back in the conference returning (2nd team all conference) and 2 pretty talented backups. The offensive line is schizophrenic, opening huge holes one week and none the next, but we haven't need the run to win.

So yeah, we've got a good offense. If the running game gets consistent, expect it to be a top 5 offense. Even without it, we're top 25 easily.

And as far as "only" averaging 32 points a game against D-IA competition, you miss the point completely. We have DOMINATED all of our competition except Bowling Green. I'm not sure what those people are saying about the Nevada game being closer than the score. I never felt the outcome was in doubt the whole second half, and I'm a nervous kind of guy. Even when they were on the 4 yard line and fumbled, I never thought the game was in doubt. We were CLEARLY the superior team. Not only did we got up 31-13 late in the game, but we outgained them by about 200 yards before their final drive against our prevent defense. Same with Bowling Green. We started slow, but absolutely dominated with a capital D the second half. Really the last 40 minutes. I personally don't care if we won by 20 or by 40. There's no question we were by far the better team in every game.

And I'll note nobody is bringing up Illinois. If they've given up on the year, it's largely because we sucked the wind out of their sails. That was a team considered by many to be a Rose Bowl contender, and they still could get a bowl game. You want to talk about domination, that game was over before the 4th quarter.

And as far as "only" averaging 32 points a game against D-IA competition, you miss the point completely. We have DOMINATED all of our competition except Bowling Green. I'm not sure what those people are saying about the Nevada game being closer than the score. I never felt the outcome was in doubt the whole second half, and I'm a nervous kind of guy. Even when they were on the 4 yard line and fumbled, I never thought the game was in doubt. We were CLEARLY the superior team. Not only did we got up 31-13 late in the game, but we outgained them by about 200 yards before their final drive against our prevent defense. Same with Bowling Green. We started slow, but absolutely dominated with a capital D the second half. Really the last 40 minutes. I personally don't care if we won by 20 or by 40. There's no question we were by far the better team in every game.

And I'll note nobody is bringing up Illinois. If they've given up on the year, it's largely because we sucked the wind out of their sails. That was a team considered by many to be a Rose Bowl contender, and they still could get a bowl game. You want to talk about domination, that game was over before the 4th quarter.

Nothing that Mizzou has shown so far is going to cut it in the Big XII.

Gimme a break on that Illinois comment. Way to ruin their season, Tiggers!!! :sarcasm

Did the superior D's of Bowling Green or Nevada make you come to that conclusion? I would be shocked if Mizzou scores more than 9 points on the Nebraska D.

exactly! MUs O is not as good as they (and the NU fans that have lost their swagger) will have you believe!

the only team that MU put up more than 37 points was against freaking FURMAN! correct me if im wrong, but arent they 1AA?! on the other side, NU score less than 38 only once...and that was against freaking Virginia Tech! correct me if im wrong, but arent they currently ranked the #6 team in the country?!

I dont give a damn if Gabbert Throws for 400 yards, cuz if they dont score more than 37 points (which they wont) they will lose! MU has shown me NOTHING.

ON D, its one good player and 10 other role players for the tiggers and on O its one average QB a couple slightly above average WRs and a 8 other role players!

I give them good luck on the 8th and they will need it to stay withing 2 TDs, they do not scare me at all.

I'll note you failed to mention your point total against VT. And you'll note that we scored on 3 straight possessions and 5 of the last 7 to take out BG. Do you judge teams by their worst or their best? As for 1 good player and 10 role players, I think Zac Who will be questioning the statement when he meets Mr Ebner and the Smith twins. We have the best pass rush since I've been watching Mizzou, and the secondary is far improved from last year. Our only weakness so far is the run up the gut, but few teams can exploit it enough to outscore us.

Do you honestly think that Missouri would be rated higher than VT if they played Alabama, Nebraska, and Miami like Virginia Tech has done? You need a serious dose of reality. Try playing #5, #9, and #19 and see where your offense is.

I addressed that directly in my post. I'm sure your fine university offers a reading comprehension course.

I would like to know where us husker fans get off. How are the blackshirts suppose to stop the all powefull passing attack that dropped 27 on bowling green. It is absurd to think that the huskers would even slow down th mighty offense that couldn't even be stopped by the nevada wolf pack.

Just trying to see missouri's logic and even as I type it it sounds stupid