Nebraska is the best team in the North

There is no doubt that Nebraska is the best team in the North. Regardless of our "sunbelt title" we took it to every team on the schedule. The VT game today adds to the fact that Nebraska is a team to be reckoned with. While the conference schedule has not started yet, I don't see any other teams stacking up as well as Nebraska against their non-con schedule. Can't wait until the game in two weeks!!!!

GBR!!!!!

:w00t:bonez:w00t:bonez:w00t:bonez:w00t:bonez

I said it after the VT loss and I'll say it again, that loss lit fire under our arses. Even though we lost we found that we can play with the big dogs, as well as they have the confidence knowing who really won that game in dominating fashion on both sides of the ball in Blacksburg. Look what VT did to the 9th ranked team in the country in Miami, they destroyed them. Need I say anymore. I will still maintain what I said last week before the ULL game, WE WILL RUN THE TABLE including OU. This team is gonna continue to become a nightmare for anyone we play more and more each week period...GO BIG RED!!!

That "who did what to whom" is a way to get one's expectations high and have them dashed badly. Always gets one in trouble. BYU beats OU,, FSU goes to Byu AND bSLAPS THEM FSU comes hope and gets THUMPED by South Florida.

This was a GREAT WAY TO FINISH THE PRESEASON. But I am sure that Bo and his staff are not telling the Husker players the substance of the title of this thread. I thnk fans will be wise to not get so caught up in dream seasons when it comes to our conference games just yet.

We have been here before in recent times. Beat three weak teams handily, play a good or great team close and figure we are going to go through the North like a hot knife through butter. And then we get smacked down. I am sure Bo is more worried about complacency and the great need to IMPROVE in nearly all phases of he game than about his team's confidence or swagger. He knows that the first chance to prove this is any different than the last couple years with nearly the same start is Oct 8 in Columbia. We've got spanked badly the last couple of these and until Bo beats the Tiggers he is not going to let the team thnk they have done anything of importance. Truth is they haven't. A 3-1 team that has done what would have been expected in all 4 games by neutral observers (oddsmakers).

nstead of pointing to our score against La-L, Bo is more likely pointing at the CaL and Penn State and Miami scores. Teams that thought they were special who got their clock cleaned yesterday. These teams were all more highly rated and had accomplished more this season than we have and they got creamed.

The time for talking about "what we are gonna do" will go on for another 10 days or so. All that talk is not worth warm spit. It's Chicago Cub Speak. It's time we simply go to Columbia and get it done. It won't be a cakewalk and will take a better game than we have played to this point. GBR

Well said

BRING ON MISSOURI!!!! :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

Be careful for what you wish.

Talk is cheap.

So far MU has been able to back up their smack and NU hasn't. If the NU players and coaches want the MU smack to stop, then it's time for them to step up and win. If they choose not to step up and win, then MU and their fans deserve to talk smack at us NU fans for another 12 months.

It is that clear, and simple.

So far MU has been able to back up their smack and NU hasn't. If the NU players and coaches want the MU smack to stop, then it's time for them to step up and win. If they choose not to step up and win, then MU and their fans deserve to talk smack at us NU fans for another 12 months.

It really is that clear, and simple.

If this were 2008 your point would carry more weight.

It really is that clear, and simple.

If this were 2008 your point would carry more weight.

My point carries the weight of 400 trillion tons of correctness. If NU is to win it is up to them. Nothing more......nothing less. 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009. Besides this years team is an overall better team than was the team 2008 (hence the weight of correctness)

My point carries the weight of 400 trillion tons of correctness. If NU is to win it is up to them. Nothing more......nothing less. 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009.

Then your point is weaker if you're only talking about 2009. You're claiming "Missouri has backed up their smack" and Nebraska hasn't. You're basing this on... what? Missouri's 111th ranked SOS? Four creampuffs is hardly "backing up smack."

My point carries the weight of 400 trillion tons of correctness. If NU is to win it is up to them. Nothing more......nothing less. 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009.

Then your point is weaker if you're only talking about 2009. You're claiming "Missouri has backed up their smack" and Nebraska hasn't. You're basing this on... what? Missouri's 111th ranked SOS? Four creampuffs is hardly "backing up smack."

I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that?

They have beaten NU most recently. Sure we own the series but they have throttled us the last few years. Because they beat NU last year, they have every and all rights to talk smack against NU and their fans. How the tide turns is for NU to step up and win. They do this and the MU smack stops. If not, it continues.

It's just that simple.....

Is NU the best in the North? We will soon see. I think they are. But they need to prove they are.

MU and KU have looked good this year. Not great but good. NU has looked better than the two but time will tell who is the best.

Can't wait to read this board on Friday, October 9th. Let me speculate on what might be said:

1) Bo's a bad coach - he need's to go.

2) Missery just dominated us.

3) Zach Lee made to many mistakes.

4) Did we really turn the ball over four times?

5) Bo's right, our defense is soft.

6) We suck.

Feel free to cut and paste the above to save time on the 9th.

In the words of a older gentleman that likes to put on headgear to make 18 yr old college coed's lose control of their senses...

Not so fast my friend....

Just as fast as we could be saying the aforementioned, this could also be heard...

1. Hand Pinkel his pink slip

2. The Blackshirts are back

3. Can we give Gabbert back to the Huskers

4. Did Helu just run for over 150 yards and 3 scores on us?

5. We Suck

I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that?

They have beaten NU most recently. Sure we own the series but they have throttled us the last few years. Because they beat NU last year, they have every and all rights to talk smack against NU and their fans. How the tide turns is for NU to step up and win. They do this and the MU smack stops. If not, it continues.

I love how your argument changes. :)

Now that we've got your argument pinned down, my original comment to you stands - your argument would carry a lot more weight if this was last year. Chase is gone, Maclin is gone, both Coordinators are gone, and this is not as talented a team as Missouri 2008.

All this "scoreboard" talk is cheap. It carries as much weight as Nebraska's 30+ game advantage in the all-time series. None of those guys are playing this year. Points don't carry forward. We have this year and this year only on which to base opinions, and Missouri's resume to this point isn't as good as Nebraska's.

Can't wait to read this board on Friday, October 9th. Let me speculate on what might be said:

6) We suck.

In the words of a older gentleman that likes to put on headgear to make 18 yr old college coed's lose control of their senses...

Just as fast as we could be saying the aforementioned, this could also be heard...

5. We Suck

I love it. Great post!!!!!

Now that we've got your argument pinned down, my original comment to you stands - your argument would carry a lot more weight if this was last year. Chase is gone, Maclin is gone, both Coordinators are gone, and this is not as talented a team as Missouri 2008.

All this "scoreboard" talk is cheap. It carries as much weight as Nebraska's 30+ game advantage in the all-time series. None of those guys are playing this year. Points don't carry forward. We have this year and this year only on which to base opinions, and Missouri's resume to this point isn't as good as Nebraska's.

My point(s) haven't changed on bit. Instead of trying to pin anybody's point, you should try comprehension first. Just sit back read. Feel free to continue to move your lips as you do.

My point haven't changed on bit. Instead of trying to pin anybody's point, you should try comprehension first. Just sit back read. Feel free to continue to move your lips as you do.

Don't attack the person, attack the argument.

My point(s) haven't changed on bit. Instead of trying to pin anybody's point, you should try comprehension first. Just sit back read. Feel free to continue to move your lips as you do.

Don't attack the person, attack the argument.

Never attacked you or your opinion. Just telling it like it is.

6) We suck.

5. We Suck

These will be the prominent headlines in the Missouri paper...

1. Gabbert's Head Still Missing! Suh Shows No Sympathy.

2. Missouri Bust: MU Ends Football Program After Embarrassing Nebraska Loss, saying 'We'll Never Win Again'

3. Heeeelluuuuu to You: Roy Helu Sets NCAA Record for Rushing

4. MU Flops, Pinkel Tarred and Feathered

5. What's That Smell? MU Student Section Urinates Themselves Following Nebraska Win