Nebraska is the best team in the North

I will be in Columbia in 12 days to see the Huskers establish their spot at the top of the Big 12 North. Will you be there tiger tim?

Nope...I have a watch party at my house for the game.

I'm inviting an equal number of my Husker/Tiger buddies....bi-partisan crowd.

My Tiger flag will be out front.

I'm even going to carve out an M in by back yard when I cut the grass next....LOL.

I'm geeked up for the game.

Beer, wine, homemade appetizers and some exquisite St. Louis style thin crust pizza will be on the menu.

Have fun.

It should be a good time for the home crowd.

I'd drove from Omaha just for that ... I'll bring the guacamole!!

I'm in Omaha, dude....

My point carries the weight of 400 trillion tons of correctness. If NU is to win it is up to them. Nothing more......nothing less. 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009.

Then your point is weaker if you're only talking about 2009. You're claiming "Missouri has backed up their smack" and Nebraska hasn't. You're basing this on... what? Missouri's 111th ranked SOS? Four creampuffs is hardly "backing up smack."

I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that?

They have beaten NU most recently. Sure we own the series but they have throttled us the last few years. Because they beat NU last year, they have every and all rights to talk smack against NU and their fans. How the tide turns is for NU to step up and win. They do this and the MU smack stops. If not, it continues.

It's just that simple.....

I love how your argument changes. :)

Now that we've got your argument pinned down, my original comment to you stands - your argument would carry a lot more weight if this was last year. Chase is gone, Maclin is gone, both Coordinators are gone, and this is not as talented a team as Missouri 2008.

All this "scoreboard" talk is cheap. It carries as much weight as Nebraska's 30+ game advantage in the all-time series. None of those guys are playing this year. Points don't carry forward. We have this year and this year only on which to base opinions, and Missouri's resume to this point isn't as good as Nebraska's.

My point(s) haven't changed on bit. Instead of trying to pin anybody's point, you should try comprehension first. Just sit back read. Feel free to continue to move your lips as you do.

Don't attack the person, attack the argument.

Never attacked you or your opinion. Just telling it like it is.

sorry dude, but Knapplc is correct. you did backtrack on what you said: " 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009." "I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that? "

i have sat back and not said anything but you do that every time you get into a back and forth conversation and someone says something that makes your previous point moot even though it is right there in front of you. it gets old watching your posts stick their collective feet in your mouth and you still think you are correct!

Now back on topic, the 2009 game is not played in 2008 (MU win) or 2006 (NU win) for that matter! the game is played in 2009 and currently NU has proven more than MU has. your argument is baseless and does not hold water...sorry.

My point carries the weight of 400 trillion tons of correctness. If NU is to win it is up to them. Nothing more......nothing less. 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009.

Then your point is weaker if you're only talking about 2009. You're claiming "Missouri has backed up their smack" and Nebraska hasn't. You're basing this on... what? Missouri's 111th ranked SOS? Four creampuffs is hardly "backing up smack."

I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that?

They have beaten NU most recently. Sure we own the series but they have throttled us the last few years. Because they beat NU last year, they have every and all rights to talk smack against NU and their fans. How the tide turns is for NU to step up and win. They do this and the MU smack stops. If not, it continues.

Now that we've got your argument pinned down, my original comment to you stands - your argument would carry a lot more weight if this was last year. Chase is gone, Maclin is gone, both Coordinators are gone, and this is not as talented a team as Missouri 2008.

All this "scoreboard" talk is cheap. It carries as much weight as Nebraska's 30+ game advantage in the all-time series. None of those guys are playing this year. Points don't carry forward. We have this year and this year only on which to base opinions, and Missouri's resume to this point isn't as good as Nebraska's.

My point(s) haven't changed on bit. Instead of trying to pin anybody's point, you should try comprehension first. Just sit back read. Feel free to continue to move your lips as you do.

sorry dude, but Knapplc is correct. you did backtrack on what you said: " 2008 is a moot point as I'm talking about 2009." "I am basing this off the fact that MU has owned NU the last few years and they have won the most recent games against us. What was the score of last years NU vs. MU game? And the year before that? "

i have sat back and not said anything but you do that every time you get into a back and forth conversation and someone says something that makes your previous point moot even though it is right there in front of you. it gets old watching your posts stick their collective feet in your mouth and you still think you are correct!

Now back on topic, the 2009 game is not played in 2008 (MU win) or 2006 (NU win) for that matter! the game is played in 2009 and currently NU has proven more than MU has. your argument is baseless and does not hold water...sorry.

I agree that Knapplc is correct here. Missouri has proved nothing in terms of being better than NU this year. You're kind of contradicting yourself here in your statements. Anyone who follows football is giving the edge to Nebraska from what they've seen over the last 4 weeks. I think the game will be close, but the difference will be Nebraska's defense and how they'll effect Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert will be tested from start to finish in this game and I like Nebraska's chances of flustering the rookie. Defense wins this game in Columbia. If I had to predict the score today...i'd say:

Nebraska 27 MU 15

Sorry dude, but I didn't backtrack. If it gets so old, then don't look. Try to realize the topic before attempting to come back to it. And yes, my post holds more water than every body of water worldewide put together.

Thanks for posting though. It was awesome.

Sorry dude, but I didn't backtrack. If it gets so old, then don't look. Try to realize the topic before attempting to come back to it. And yes, my post holds more water than every body of water worldewide put together.

you absolutely didnt even say how your post holds all this mythical water! you now have 3 people in this thread saying that you are wrong......you did backtrack. i know what the topic is and was and your argument holds absolutely no water. how does 2008 (a team with loads of different players) affect 2009? it doesnt. just like when MU fans tell us that it doesnt matter what happened in 1983...it also does not matter what happened in 2008! they are correct in that instance..

thanks for playing./

I agree that Knapplc is correct here. Missouri has proved nothing in terms of being better than NU this year. You're kind of contradicting yourself here in your statements. Anyone who follows football is giving the edge to Nebraska from what they've seen over the last 4 weeks. I think the game will be close, but the difference will be Nebraska's defense and how they'll effect Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert will be tested from start to finish in this game and I like Nebraska's chances of flustering the rookie. Defense wins this game in Columbia. If I had to predict the score today...i'd say:

Nebraska 27 MU 15

You and your "buds" couldn't be more wrong than if you tried. You just don't it yet.

MU's 07 and 08 ownership over NU have more to do than anything the two teams have done this season. Try to figure it out.

Once you see it, you'll realize it and come clean. Well...maybe.

Yep... You're wrong. Sometimes I bet it is hard to comprehend that the Shamwow infomercial guy could be wrong though... weird... :hellloooo

Yep... You're wrong. Sometimes I bet it is hard to comprehend that the Shamwow infomercial guy could be wrong though... weird... :hellloooo

Actually I'm right. You just haven't figured it out yet.

So your whole argument was that MU has backed up their smack talk in the past and NU hasn't. Then when Knapplc pointed out that if this were 2008, the point would carry more weight, you said 2008 was a moot point and that you are talking about 2009. So you're telling us that in 2009.... MU has looked better than NU? If that is the point you are trying to make, then sorry sir, you are gravely mistaken. Because so far this season, MU has looked nowhere near as good as NU has.

Boom. Roasted.

So your whole argument was that MU has backed up their smack talk in the past and NU hasn't. Then when Knapplc pointed out that if this were 2008, the point would carry more weight, you said 2008 was a moot point and that you are talking about 2009. So you're telling us that in 2009.... MU has looked better than NU? If that is the point you are trying to make, then sorry sir, you are gravely mistaken. Because so far this season, MU has looked nowhere near as good as NU has.

Boom. Roasted.

Actually how can we really now how good either team is as neither team has played a tough OOC schedule so I guess after the two teams actually play each other, then we will find out who the better team is.

Team with the most points will be the better team in my eyes.

Plain and simple.

Boom. Roasted.

Actually how can we really now how good either team is as neither team has played a tough OOC schedule so I guess after the two teams actually play each other, then we will find out who the better team is.

Team with the most points will be the better team in my eyes.

Plain and simple.

this is a fair post. personally i am of the opinion that NU has played a tougher non-con but MUs has not been crazy weak to a point. i will say tho that according to the sagarin ratings NU has played the 78th ranked non-con schedule and MU has played the 91st ranked non-con schedule. not a huge difference but i would argue that NU has looked much more impressive in their wins, even in defeat, than MU has in their wins...

"MU and KU have looked good this year. Not great but good. NU has looked better than the two but time will tell who is the best."

I'm just not sure NU has looked better. They certainly have some good things, but some bad things as well. We've all beaten our opponents, well, except for VT. The question is, how good were they. Let's be honest, a really weak opponent tells you zero about your team. Here's CFN's rankings of the teams as of today:

Mizzou -

Illinois: 63

Bowling Green: 82

Nevada: 76

Nebraska -

Arkansas State: 85

Florida Atlantic: 104

Virginia Tech: 4

Louisiana-Lafayette: 96

Kansas -

UTEP: 108

Duke: 92

Southern Miss: 68

While Mizzou's opponents are down and out now, they also have easily the most upside compared to NU and KU's schedules. Of all of those games, maybe 5 of them have shots at a bowl: Illinois, Bowling Green, Nevada, Virginia Tech and Southern Miss. Illinois Bowling Green and Nevada, more than anyone else you guys have played, lost to very good teams on the road and could still be dangerous the rest of the year. Mizzou has played, without a doubt, the hardest schedule overall. Kansas the weakest. Nebraska the hardest single opponent, though a close loss on the road with a fluke ending, but a loss nonetheless.

If you can only tell your quality by your strongest opponents, this is what we know:

Kansas

Strengths: Passing game

Weaknesses: Passing defense

Unknowns: Running game against good D, running defense against good rush attack

Mizzou

Strengths: Passing game, lateral run defense, pass defense (so far), few big plays makes the other team earn it

Weaknesses: Interior run defense, rushing offense

Unknowns: Passing defense against a top QB

Nebraska

Strengths: Rushing defense, rushing offense

Weaknesses: Passing offense

Unknowns: Passing defense against a competent passing team

I do think that NU's passing game could be better than what we saw at VT, but of course, Mizzou's running game could be better than what we saw at Nevada as well, especially since you won't be able to stack the box.

Nebraska could have an advantage on offense if they can run between the tackles well, but Missouri probably has the advantage if Nebraska needs to run on the edge and also probably if it has to rely on its passing game. Mizzou may have the advantage when it passes, but it's hard to say since NU hasn't faced a competent passing attack, and Nebraska would appear to have the advantage on rushing defense.

If Mizzou has to bring another defender into the box to defend the inside run, advantage NU. If Mizzou has to rely solely on its passing game, advantage NU. However, Mizzou appears to be more explosive and Nebraska could be in serious trouble if it has to get into catchup mode.

I would agree that by far VT is the best team that any of the 3 have faced. But we lost. There is no shame perhaps in losing to a good team on the road, but I would much rather that we had beaten a lessor but still BCS team on the road than to have "looked good losing" to VT and got the "attaboys" from the winners.

If we are serious about contending for the Big XII title (I am only confident that we can contend for the North) then all this talk about "we lost a close one to a good team" has to go by the wayside. Huskers should NEVER brag about a close loss.

We just need to be much better when we face Misery in Columbia or we will have a second loss. An 11 for 30 completion % in that game will be a sure loser.

No penalties or (much fewer than Mizzou)

No Turnovers or (much fewere than Mizzou)

65% completion with over 200 yards in the air.

Helu over 100 yds on the ground and the team over 200.

Gabbert under 250 yards passing

Misery under 100 yards rushing as a team

Will get it done. IF we think we can show up and beat those guys. We won't get it done.