Uniform suggestion: DROP THE PANTS STRIPES!

rkhufu7

Why so many threads about changing the uniforms. I like them the way they are. I like the occasional games were you mix up the jerseys. I don't think we should change anything though.

The stripes were brought back by Calahan.

As I just said, do you actually know that the head coach was the one who decided "Hey, I want stripes on the pants!"? Just because we got stripes on the pants the same year that we got a new coach, does not mean that he was responsible.

95 and 97 MNC teams had no stripes, why not keep solid white pants and solid red pants, they just look tougher and just put a solid "N" on the pants?

I can't believe I'm saying this...but we are in perfect f'ing harmony here.

Steve brought the stripes back in '03, getting away from the Oregon look we rocked in '02. Never liked em.

Nope, we went back to the solid pants in '03 (check link). The stripes came in Callahan's first year, but I don't recall ever hearing anything about it being Callhan's decision or not...as far as I know the stripes and Callahan are two completely isolated incidents.

Secondly, the stripes we've had since '04 aren't any thicker than the stripes we had back in the 80's/90's.

I should have said Steve brought the stripes back in '04 rather than '03. I do distinctly remember Steve talking about it in '04, how Nebraska always wore stripes when we had worked there in previous capacities and he wanted to bring them back.