CFN showing us some love...

Honestly.....when you consider how far we are into the season I don't see a real problem with those rankings.

clearly there is a great argument for holding off on having any rankings until the 6th or 7th week of the season.

This is a computer generated ranking. What you can easily see is that there is a lot of weight given to undefeated teams....as there should be....as well as SOS.

This poll will continue to straighten itself out as more and more games are played. People look at this poll and go nuts because we have all of our biases. Clearly some of these teams won't be here at the end of the season....but really.....if you are talking about how the rankings should look right now.....I can see a pretty good argument for quite a few of these rankings that go against what the AP and Coaches poll show.

This is a computer generated ranking. What you can easily see is that there is a lot of weight given to undefeated teams....as there should be....as well as SOS.

It is? Where do you see that? I see them explain that Alabama jumps Florida because of Tebow's concussion. Do you believe there is really a computer program variable for that?

wrt SOS, of the teams we've beaten, they only have one win over an FBS school, and that would be ULaLa over K State.

I've never seen much of real quality at CFN. I still don't.

It is? Where do you see that? I see them explain that Alabama jumps Florida because of Tebow's concussion. Do you believe there is really a computer program variable for that?

wrt SOS, of the teams we've beaten, they only have one win over an FBS school, and that would be ULaLa over K State.

I've never seen much of real quality at CFN. I still don't.

I apologize. You're right. I thought this was a computer poll. It isn't. My bad VA.

This isn't really a poll it's a ranking system. Similar to the NFL Power Rankings.

Therefore it's not supposed to be a judge of who will finish in that spot but who they feel has played themselves into that spot on the field to that particular point in the season. - Which unlike most polls means teams can jump up and down all over the place and not necessarily only move up or down only when other teams win/lose ahead of them.

This isn't really a poll it's a ranking system. Similar to the NFL Power Rankings.

Therefore it's not supposed to be a judge of who will finish in that spot but who they feel has played themselves into that spot on the field to that particular point in the season. - Which unlike most polls means teams can jump up and down all over the place and not necessarily only move up or down only when other teams win/lose ahead of them.

:yeah