Is Asante going to be ready to go for Mizzou? Any more info on his injury??

speedtoburn

Asante tweaked his ankle making a cut on a pass. He made the interception and ran it back 85 yards for the score, then fell down after the adrenaline wore off. They're saying he'll be fine and ready to go for the Missouri game.

Thenarse's knee buckled when he made a cut on a play. Bo came out on the field for this injury to talk to Thenarse, something he hasn't done for any other injury this year (that I've seen). Talk is that he ruptured something, but it's as yet unconfirmed.

Asante tweaked his ankle making a cut on a pass. He made the interception and ran it back 85 yards for the score, then fell down after the adrenaline wore off. They're saying he'll be fine and ready to go for the Missouri game.

Thenarse's knee buckled when he made a cut on a play. Bo came out on the field for this injury to talk to Thenarse, something he hasn't done for any other injury this year (that I've seen). Talk is that he ruptured something, but it's as yet unconfirmed.

Yeah it didn't look good with Ricky's knee. Asante on the other hand seemed to get hobbled by a ghost. One minute he's sprinting to the end zone and the next he's rolling around on the turf. Thank goodness we have a bye week.

Yeah it didn't look good with Ricky's knee. Asante on the other hand seemed to get hobbled by a ghost. One minute he's sprinting to the end zone and the next he's rolling around on the turf. Thank goodness we have a bye week.

That's what I thought first, and then I read that he was hurting from the play before (don't remember the play) and he re-tweaked it while running back the INT. I hope it's not serious and he's back for Mizzou.

Thanks for the update!

From what I have heard, Amukamara and Asante should be fine.

Thenarse has a more serious injury.

Ricky tore his ACL and will be out for the season, he will apply for a medical and come back next year. Larry has a high ankle sprain and should be good for Mizzu

Can he get a medical? He's played in about 3 1/4 games this season, and I'm not sure what the NCAA guidelines are.

From what I have heard, Amukamara and Asante should be fine.

Thenarse has a more serious injury.

Ricky tore his ACL and will be out for the season, he will apply for a medical and come back next year. Larry has a high ankle sprain and should be good for Mizzu

Can he get a medical? He's played in about 3 1/4 games this season, and I'm not sure what the NCAA guidelines are.

No way he gets it. Baylor is going to have the same problem with their star QB.

To receive a medical redshirt, the injury must limit his participation to no more than 20 percent of the team’s games (rounded to the next whole number), with all participation occurring in the first half of the season. Therefore, the maximum number of games that he can play in and still receive a MRS is three (20 percent of 12 equals 2.4, which is rounded up to 3). I am not sure if he played in all 4 games, but if he did it would be a tough break for him, if he is out for the season.

To receive a medical redshirt, the injury must limit his participation to no more than 20 percent of the team’s games (rounded to the next whole number), with all participation occurring in the first half of the season. Therefore, the maximum number of games that he can play in and still receive a MRS is three (20 percent of 12 equals 2.4, which is rounded up to 3). I am not sure if he played in all 4 games, but if he did it would be a tough break for him, if he is out for the season.

Baylor has only played three games so far, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the medical redshirt.