My Trip to Lincoln

Mr. Maud, you're a nice looking guy as guys go, but you really outkicked your coverage with your girl. She's pretty cute. :)

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Yeah when he said he was bringing his girlfriend I was expecting a 275lb girl off the reservation. Guess you never can tell. She must just like his obvious good taste in sports teams.

Looks kinda fun until the last picture. You can't take yourself seriously posting that on a public forum (especially one dominated by men) can you?

???

Kissing a hot girl is unmanly? What should he be doing that would be more manly?

Probably getting her passed out drunk and having your brothers peee on her..

Didn't you ever click on UGA's http://frattinghard.com/ sig line?

I think they prefer more "brotherly" public displays of affection there. :laughpound

Speaking of UGA..There was a warning for Sun Devil Fans making the trip for last Saturday's trip to Athens

UGA tries to bag tailgate trash

tailgate_257308c.jpg

Talkin' trash at Georgia - literally

Attention Arizona State fans planning to attend Saturday's ASU-Georgia football game at Sanford Stadium in Athens:

Pack your galoshes.

And not just because the forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms when the Sun Devils and Bulldogs tee it up.

No, you may need them even if it's Dawg-bone dry.

You see, all football fans enjoy talking a little trash, but Georgia fans prefer to roll around in it.

Now, we don't mean to paint Bulldogs fans with a broad brush.

Not all of them consider living "up town" to be the double-wide section of the trailer park.

Nor does a "bright smile" mean one has a full set of CornNuts{trade} in Georgia.

No, Sanford Stadium, situated in the middle of the gorgeous Georgia campus, actually is considered one of the finer college football settings in the country.

College football in the South is something special, and no where is it more appreciated than in Athens.

Unfortunately, football tailgaters there reportedly left some 70 tons of trash strewn about the place after the Bulldogs played South Carolina.

Worse still, there were reports of drunken fans piddling and pooping right there in the middle of the North Campus tailgating area, even though portable toilets were available and at least five buildings on campus have open restrooms.

Sort of gives new meaning to: "Between the Hedges."

Go Dawgs! Yes, right there will be fine.

Anyway, it was so bad it prompted a rebuke from university President Michael Adams, who threatened a crackdown on tailgaters if they don't start cleaning up after themselves.

"I don't want to start a process where we're going around arresting people," Adams said. "But there was urination, there was defecation, there were 70 tons of trash."

Evidently, it isn't anything new.

A poster to a Georgia football publication "The Red & Black" recently wrote that "The drunkards on North Campus are the reason why the Main Library is closed on game Saturdays.

"So many people were peeing in the stacks, vomiting in the stairwell, and getting into fights in the lobby that the people who worked (there) got fed up with all the abuse."

So enjoy the game.

But get your shots and wear waders.

Check's in the mail

The blog Everydayshouldbesaturday.com reports that an Oregon fan named Tony Seminary was so miffed about Oregon's performance in a loss at Boise State that he sent an e-mail to Ducks coach Chip Kelly requesting a refund.

He included an invoice detailing his expenses.

"The invoice was sent in jest," Seminary said. "I run a business and I invoice customers, and I have an invoice at my disposal . . . "

Guess what? Kelly not only responded, he sent Seminary a personal check for $439 - a full refund.

Seminary didn't cash it. He made a copy to frame and sent the original back with a thank-you note.

"I now know why his kids would run through a wall for that guy, because who does what he did, right?" Seminary said.

Say, anybody have A.J. Hinch's e-mail address?

Reach The Heat Index at bob.young@arizonarepublic.com or (602) 444-8271.

Looks kinda fun until the last picture. You can't take yourself seriously posting that on a public forum (especially one dominated by men) can you?

???

Kissing a hot girl is unmanly? What should he be doing that would be more manly?

I think they prefer more "brotherly" public displays of affection there. :laughpound

Speaking of UGA..There was a warning for Sun Devil Fans making the trip for last Saturday's trip to Athens

tailgate_257308c.jpg

Attention Arizona State fans planning to attend Saturday's ASU-Georgia football game at Sanford Stadium in Athens:

Pack your galoshes.

And not just because the forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms when the Sun Devils and Bulldogs tee it up.

You see, all football fans enjoy talking a little trash, but Georgia fans prefer to roll around in it.

Not all of them consider living "up town" to be the double-wide section of the trailer park.

Nor does a "bright smile" mean one has a full set of CornNuts{trade} in Georgia.

No, Sanford Stadium, situated in the middle of the gorgeous Georgia campus, actually is considered one of the finer college football settings in the country.

College football in the South is something special, and no where is it more appreciated than in Athens.

Unfortunately, football tailgaters there reportedly left some 70 tons of trash strewn about the place after the Bulldogs played South Carolina.

Worse still, there were reports of drunken fans piddling and pooping right there in the middle of the North Campus tailgating area, even though portable toilets were available and at least five buildings on campus have open restrooms.

Anyway, it was so bad it prompted a rebuke from university President Michael Adams, who threatened a crackdown on tailgaters if they don't start cleaning up after themselves.

"I don't want to start a process where we're going around arresting people," Adams said. "But there was urination, there was defecation, there were 70 tons of trash."

A poster to a Georgia football publication "The Red & Black" recently wrote that "The drunkards on North Campus are the reason why the Main Library is closed on game Saturdays.

"So many people were peeing in the stacks, vomiting in the stairwell, and getting into fights in the lobby that the people who worked (there) got fed up with all the abuse."

So enjoy the game.

Check's in the mail

The blog Everydayshouldbesaturday.com reports that an Oregon fan named Tony Seminary was so miffed about Oregon's performance in a loss at Boise State that he sent an e-mail to Ducks coach Chip Kelly requesting a refund.

"The invoice was sent in jest," Seminary said. "I run a business and I invoice customers, and I have an invoice at my disposal . . . "

Guess what? Kelly not only responded, he sent Seminary a personal check for $439 - a full refund.

Seminary didn't cash it. He made a copy to frame and sent the original back with a thank-you note.

"I now know why his kids would run through a wall for that guy, because who does what he did, right?" Seminary said.

I like how HUSKER 37 resurrects a post that I made like 2 days ago...pretty cool.

The irony of your post is that North Campus, where that picture was taken, is where all the douchebag GDIs who either aren't/weren't in fraternitites or girls not cute enough to get into sororities, tailgate.

I really love Nebraska football, but a lot of the time, you people just don't get it. Why post pictures of kissing a semi-cute girl on a public forum? Why post pictures of you wearing an American Eagle Polo ever? Why WEAR an American Eagle polo ever? When you do that stuff, especially in public and document it in pictures, you break mantra #2: Always Appear Available. Please refer to my sigline a few more times to get a sense of tact.

Let the trash talking begin. Thank you and good day.

???

tailgate_257308c.jpg

Pack your galoshes.

So enjoy the game.

Check's in the mail

I like how HUSKER 37 resurrects a post that I made like 2 days ago...pretty cool.

The irony of your post is that North Campus, where that picture was taken, is where all the douchebag GDIs who either aren't/weren't in fraternitites or girls not cute enough to get into sororities, tailgate.

I really love Nebraska football, but a lot of the time, you people just don't get it. Why post pictures of kissing a semi-cute girl on a public forum? Why post pictures of you wearing an American Eagle Polo ever? Why WEAR an American Eagle polo ever? When you do that stuff, especially in public and document it in pictures, you break mantra #2: Always Appear Available. Please refer to my sigline a few more times to get a sense of tact.

Let the trash talking begin. Thank you and good day.

Not everybody can be a frat F@g!!! Are you mad that he doesnt have his pretty boy spiked hair or what bro? I never considered entering a Frat!!! Frat = Dbags!!! Pretty sure I found plenty of attractive chicks without being in one, and they werent the kind that went to a party with their legs spread wide open!!! You love the sorority hoes dont ya? Pathetic! :box

Whats funny is when someone who has now clue on what it means to be in a fraternity runs their mouth about it.

Get a damn clue. There are many, many more groups that contain the best of the best on your campus that are greek then those that you try and paint with your weak post.

The real question is are you mad because you couldnt get in? I have only seen that type of hostility about greek life from those that were regected by it.

I spent about 1/2 of my college career in a fraternity and 1/2 out of it. My friends are split between those i was in a fraternity with and those i knew outside of it. Nobody needs greek life to make friends buddy...

Why dont you do me a favor, once you and your little buddies raise $80,000 for ALS, spend an average of 125 man hours a school year donating time to different non-profit orginizations , once you mentor young kids, give up your holidays to help those who need it more, have 75% of your buddies be active within campus orginizations and do all of this because you strive to be better man and want to help, not because your forced to from a court. you come back and tell me what a d-bag me and my friends are.

Whats funny is when someone who has now clue on what it means to be in a fraternity runs their mouth about it.

Get a damn clue. There are many, many more groups that contain the best of the best on your campus that are greek then those that you try and paint with your weak post.

The real question is are you mad because you couldnt get in? I have only seen that type of hostility about greek life from those that were regected by it.

I spent about 1/2 of my college career in a fraternity and 1/2 out of it. My friends are split between those i was in a fraternity with and those i knew outside of it. Nobody needs greek life to make friends buddy...

Why dont you do me a favor, once you and your little buddies raise $80,000 for ALS, spend an average of 125 man hours donation time to different non-profit orginizations, once you mentor young kids, give up your holidays to help those who need it more, have 75% of your buddies be active within campus orginizations and do all of this because you strive to be better man and want to help, not because your forced to from a court. you come back and tell me what a d-bag me and my friends are.

No offense Fro . . . but I have a fairly negative view of fraternities as well. (and not because I couldn't get it . . . I was actively courted by three different houses at UNL. I chose to stay as an independent.) My problem with them is the people who assume that I wasn't in a fraternity because I couldn't get it.

That . . . and the forcible sodomy that at least one house at UNL used as an initiation rite. (not joking . . . Sigma Chi just got kicked off campus for it.) Also . . . the singing of a house song and stuff . . . there is no way I could do that with a straight face.

That said, I was friends with a lot of guys from frats and girls from sororities. 95% of them are great. It's the rare few that give the rest a bad name.

Why dont you do me a favor, once you and your little buddies raise $80,000 for ALS, spend an average of 125 man hours donation time to different non-profit orginizations, once you mentor young kids, give up your holidays to help those who need it more, have 75% of your buddies be active within campus orginizations and do all of this because you strive to be better man and want to help, not because your forced to from a court. you come back and tell me what a d-bag me and my friends are.

No offense Fro . . . but I have a fairly negative view of fraternities as well. (and not because I couldn't get it . . . I was actively courted by three different houses at UNL. I chose to stay as an independent.) My problem with them is the people who assume that I wasn't in a fraternity because I couldn't get it.

That . . . and the forcible sodomy that at least one house at UNL used as an initiation rite. (not joking . . . Sigma Chi just got kicked off campus for it.) Also . . . the singing of a house song and stuff . . . there is no way I could do that with a straight face.

That said, I was friends with a lot of guys from frats and girls from sororities. 95% of them are great. It's the rare few that give the rest a bad name.

Some thing can be said about fans of college teams. Dont get me wrong there are bad groups out there. But you hear about that more than the good ones because, well, its pretty boring news. A chapter of my fraternity raised $250K for a charity. The school reconized them at halftime of their biggest BB game that year and they handed the check over. It never made a newspaper, nobody talks about the work those young men did and how many lives it will change.

I am just a quick to chew out members of greek life who do the wrong things. I love my fratenity and the friends i had in it. It provided me with opportunities i would have never gotten without it. I am still active with Alums and work as an advisor to my old chapter.

With all that said, i was a pretty good guy before I ever joined. Its not for everyone, and most of the time i believe its just finding the right one, which may or may not have been on your campus. It doesnt make you less if your not/or choose not too, I just get pretty defensive (obviously) when I feel someone is talking out the arse.

Some thing can be said about fans of college teams. Dont get me wrong there are bad groups out there. But you hear about that more than the good ones because, well, its pretty boring news. A chapter of my fraternity raised $250K for a charity. The school reconized them at halftime of their biggest BB game that year and they handed the check over. It never made a newspaper, nobody talks about the work those young men did and how many lives it will change.

I am just a quick to chew out members of greek life who do the wrong things. I love my fratenity and the friends i had in it. It provided me with opportunities i would have never gotten without it. I am still active with Alums and work as an advisor to my old chapter.

With all that said, i was a pretty good guy before I ever joined. Its not for everyone, and most of the time i believe its just finding the right one, which may or may not have been on your campus. It doesnt make you less if your not, I just get pretty defensive (obviously) when I feel someone is talking out the arse.

The greek system certainly does do a lot of good work in Lincoln.

But there are also a lot of problems as well. I think that the anal rape of pledges and the other hazing shenanigans that have gone at UNL deserved every bit of the negative attention they've received.

Much of the negative image of frats is self-inflicted.