My Trip to Lincoln

Some thing can be said about fans of college teams. Dont get me wrong there are bad groups out there. But you hear about that more than the good ones because, well, its pretty boring news. A chapter of my fraternity raised $250K for a charity. The school reconized them at halftime of their biggest BB game that year and they handed the check over. It never made a newspaper, nobody talks about the work those young men did and how many lives it will change.

I am just a quick to chew out members of greek life who do the wrong things. I love my fratenity and the friends i had in it. It provided me with opportunities i would have never gotten without it. I am still active with Alums and work as an advisor to my old chapter.

With all that said, i was a pretty good guy before I ever joined. Its not for everyone, and most of the time i believe its just finding the right one, which may or may not have been on your campus. It doesnt make you less if your not, I just get pretty defensive (obviously) when I feel someone is talking out the arse.

The greek system certainly does do a lot of good work in Lincoln.

But there are also a lot of problems as well. I think that the anal rape of pledges and the other hazing shenanigans that have gone at UNL deserved every bit of the negative attention they've received.

Much of the negative image of frats is self-inflicted.

I wont argue with that. But i will assure you there is no hazing where i come from. And if anybody would have tried to they would have caught my fist with their teeth. there is no room for that crap in greek life, sports, schools or anything else. If you were ever lucky enough to get to expreriance what its supposed to be like, you would probably feel the same as I do. The houses that offered when i was GDI were the reason i was GDI. no way would i have joined. I honest feel lucky that I just happen to meet some guys one night out that were a member of another group.

Anyway we are WAY off subject. ;)

Maud,

I am sorry for highjacking your thread man. Looks like you guys had a good time. I know I had a good time n Lincoln. Its a fun time. Hope you get to do it a few more. :)

No sweat, Fro.

So, I did forget to mention that I went down for the tunnel walk. Just amazing, I got to touch Suh, Henerey, Burkhead, and Cody Green to name a few. I can't wait to go back for the OU game!

Maud,

I am sorry for highjacking your thread man. Looks like you guys had a good time. I know I had a good time n Lincoln. Its a fun time. Hope you get to do it a few more. :)

No sweat, Fro.

So, I did forget to mention that I went down for the tunnel walk. Just amazing, I got to touch Suh, Henerey, Burkhead, and Cody Green to name a few. I can't wait to go back for the OU game!

i was REALLY surprised at how open the staduim was. My buddy and I went down after the game and got to stand basically right by the MU players going to the locker room. Walked their sideline and talked with some of the older players that were there. Got to walk up the tunnels and basically got to roam. Pretty neat stuff

First off Fro, My post was in response to UGA's comments toward Maud. He was bragging about how he was in a Frat and bashing on Maud because he wears a American Eagle polo? I have my opinion of Frats. You are welcome to yours as well. This in no way is because "i couldn't get in". You couldn't have paid me enough money to join a Frat. My opinions are based off how arrogant those that were in the Frats are. I walked into a downtown bar and it was obvious who the Frat boys were. You were treated as you didnt belong because you wern't pretty boy enough!

Sorry I dont think its cool to run people around a hall infront of their peers naked and hang cow bells from your Penis in order to join your wonderful group! I mean that is just high class intelligence! Like I said my post wasnt directed at you and if UGA would like to comment I'd be glad to listen. His smack talking of Maud with his polo comments and average looking girl comments were nothing more than him being an a$$!

Looks kinda fun until the last picture. You can't take yourself seriously posting that on a public forum (especially one dominated by men) can you?

???

Kissing a hot girl is unmanly? What should he be doing that would be more manly?

Probably getting her passed out drunk and having your brothers peee on her..

Didn't you ever click on UGA's http://frattinghard.com/ sig line?

I think they prefer more "brotherly" public displays of affection there. :laughpound

Speaking of UGA..There was a warning for Sun Devil Fans making the trip for last Saturday's trip to Athens

UGA tries to bag tailgate trash

tailgate_257308c.jpg

Talkin' trash at Georgia - literally

Attention Arizona State fans planning to attend Saturday's ASU-Georgia football game at Sanford Stadium in Athens:

Pack your galoshes.

And not just because the forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms when the Sun Devils and Bulldogs tee it up.

No, you may need them even if it's Dawg-bone dry.

You see, all football fans enjoy talking a little trash, but Georgia fans prefer to roll around in it.

Now, we don't mean to paint Bulldogs fans with a broad brush.

Not all of them consider living "up town" to be the double-wide section of the trailer park.

Nor does a "bright smile" mean one has a full set of CornNuts{trade} in Georgia.

No, Sanford Stadium, situated in the middle of the gorgeous Georgia campus, actually is considered one of the finer college football settings in the country.

College football in the South is something special, and no where is it more appreciated than in Athens.

Unfortunately, football tailgaters there reportedly left some 70 tons of trash strewn about the place after the Bulldogs played South Carolina.

Worse still, there were reports of drunken fans piddling and pooping right there in the middle of the North Campus tailgating area, even though portable toilets were available and at least five buildings on campus have open restrooms.

Sort of gives new meaning to: "Between the Hedges."

Go Dawgs! Yes, right there will be fine.

Anyway, it was so bad it prompted a rebuke from university President Michael Adams, who threatened a crackdown on tailgaters if they don't start cleaning up after themselves.

"I don't want to start a process where we're going around arresting people," Adams said. "But there was urination, there was defecation, there were 70 tons of trash."

Evidently, it isn't anything new.

A poster to a Georgia football publication "The Red & Black" recently wrote that "The drunkards on North Campus are the reason why the Main Library is closed on game Saturdays.

"So many people were peeing in the stacks, vomiting in the stairwell, and getting into fights in the lobby that the people who worked (there) got fed up with all the abuse."

So enjoy the game.

But get your shots and wear waders.

Check's in the mail

The blog Everydayshouldbesaturday.com reports that an Oregon fan named Tony Seminary was so miffed about Oregon's performance in a loss at Boise State that he sent an e-mail to Ducks coach Chip Kelly requesting a refund.

He included an invoice detailing his expenses.

"The invoice was sent in jest," Seminary said. "I run a business and I invoice customers, and I have an invoice at my disposal . . . "

Guess what? Kelly not only responded, he sent Seminary a personal check for $439 - a full refund.

Seminary didn't cash it. He made a copy to frame and sent the original back with a thank-you note.

"I now know why his kids would run through a wall for that guy, because who does what he did, right?" Seminary said.

Say, anybody have A.J. Hinch's e-mail address?

Reach The Heat Index at bob.young@arizonarepublic.com or (602) 444-8271.

I like how HUSKER 37 resurrects a post that I made like 2 days ago...pretty cool.

The irony of your post is that North Campus, where that picture was taken, is where all the douchebag GDIs who either aren't/weren't in fraternitites or girls not cute enough to get into sororities, tailgate.

I really love Nebraska football, but a lot of the time, you people just don't get it. Why post pictures of kissing a semi-cute girl on a public forum? Why post pictures of you wearing an American Eagle Polo ever? Why WEAR an American Eagle polo ever? When you do that stuff, especially in public and document it in pictures, you break mantra #2: Always Appear Available. Please refer to my sigline a few more times to get a sense of tact.

Let the trash talking begin. Thank you and good day.

Sorry I didn't see your post two days ago..I just figured since this thread was still on the front page, it was still fair game.

Your reaction to the picture of Maud kissing his GF just reminded me of the first time I saw two guys french on a tv show...I still get a little squeamish just thinking about it..My bad..I still have trouble seeing boy on boy action..I should probably work on that.

The story about the trash on campus at UGa totally changed my perception of Athens..And I assumed it was caused by fans with no real ties to the university...Really, even more shameful if it was caused by current or past students.

I was at UNL about the same time that "Animal House" and this song came out..The "bad house" looked like fun, but my older brother didn't have anything nice to say about the mostly Engineering? Frat he was in for a year so I never even thought about pledging..

I usually considered the Frat Rats vs. the GDI's more of a friendly rivalry..about the worse anything ever got was an annual humongous snowball fight..

Sure.. my buddies on the floor used to try to insult me by saying I "looked like a Frat Rat because of my purty hair" in my HS yearbook picture...But that never stopped me from making friends with a few "Sore Whorz" or even rats..

The first guy I was best man for was a TKE...The next guy I was best man for was my next door neighbor on 6th floor Abel (dorm) about a decade after we were out of school.

My Niece was even President of her Sorority at UNL...(Don't remember which one, but I think they lost their charter a couple years before she joined.

They're great for making future business contacts, and sometimes I almost wish I would've pursued joining one just to learn how to schmooze..or at least learn how to make friends easier.

I guess the biggest thing I had against joining a club like that was I didn't want to be thought of as "that guy" that thought he was better than anyone else..Plus one of my favourite lines from one of my Dad's fav. Marx Brother's movies was Groucho saying he'd never join a club that would have him.

That..And I'd be afraid I'd someday end up knowing the difference between an American Eagle Polo and my Co-ed Naked Water Polo T-shirt (Which we soon had to stop playing because the horses kept drowning).

Maybe we should have a fashion subforum? :lol:

Anyway, back on topic:

Maud, looked like you had a great time, but how can you not at a Husker game? lol

I remember the first time I went after the FieldTurf was installed. My dad found a way to sneak us behind security through the weightroom and onto the field before the game started. It was sweet.

Maybe we should have a fashion subforum? :lol:

Anyway, back on topic:

Maud, looked like you had a great time, but how can you not at a Husker game? lol

I remember the first time I went after the FieldTurf was installed. My dad found a way to sneak us behind security through the weightroom and onto the field before the game started. It was sweet.

Do we have enough gay members on here to warrant a fashion subforum?

(Not that there's anything wrong with gay subforums).

I too enjoyed my first time...on the new fieldturf...Was a little surprised by the used tire smell, though.

So..Are "American Eagle" polo's a brand of clothing? Or a brand of tire? (Strange tie-in) <_<

I just bought 4 new XXL "Medi-Wear" scrub tops with tags for $1 each last Monday..Can't remember the last time I spent more than $5 for a shirt or pair of jeans.

Oh yeah..I'm sposed to go back on topic...Strange what I missed as I was lost in Maud's girlfriend's eyes...Killer Cacti noticed ahhh.. something about a seatbelt..whatever those are..and UGa noticed what namebrand of shirt you wore (or tires you drove on?)..and something about not commiting to (yucky?) "semi-cute" girls and the importance of appearing available at all times...

I still don't see the gyro, but I now have a powerful craving for one.