NU v TTech

typ3kal

http://www.omaha.com/article/20090929/BIGR...299981/0/BIGRED

Published Tuesday September 29, 2009

Nebraska-Texas Tech looks like a night game

« Blog - Lee Barfknecht

On televised Big 12 football games for Oct. 17, nothing will be official until at least next Monday.

But . . .

The way the broadcast windows and the schedule shake out for that day, it's likely - not official - but likely that Nebraska will play a night game.

The top game that day is Oklahoma-Texas, a national ABC broadcast at 11 a.m.

The next two best games are Texas Tech at Nebraska and Missouri at Oklahoma State.

As of now, there are only two broadcast windows left that day: 6 p.m. on FSN and 8:15 p.m. on ESPN.

It's pretty fair to assume that those two games will fill those two windows, with the winner of the Nebraska-Missouri game likely - not officially - to get the 8:15 slot on ESPN.

- Lee Barfknecht

Seems like that will shape up to be a good night. Nebraska has been doing well under the bright lights of Memorial Stadium since last years Missouri game <_<

I can't recall us ever doing well on a ABC/ESPN night game. Matter of fact I can't remember the last time we were not blown out in an ABC/ESPN night game. Well hopefully that all changes. Definitely think we have a lot better team this year.

Seems like that will shape up to be a good night. Nebraska has been doing well under the bright lights of Memorial Stadium since last years Missouri game <_<

I can't recall us ever doing well on a ABC/ESPN night game. Matter of fact I can't remember the last time we were not blown out in an ABC/ESPN night game. Well hopefully that all changes. Definitely think we have a lot better team this year.

What does any of that matter? This is a new team and a new year, the past means absolutely nothing! Live in the now, because the present is the only time that counts.

Wasn't the Colorado game on ABC last year? Maybe we didn't play that consistently but we still booted that 57 yarder and watched Suh return an interception for a touchdown.

Wasn't the Colorado game on ABC last year? Maybe we didn't play that consistently but we still booted that 57 yarder and watched Suh return an interception for a touchdown.

That game started in the afternoon. Were talking abc or espn night games.

That game started in the afternoon. Were talking abc or espn night games.

Remember the Alamo! Oh wait, we weren't blown out against VaTech last year... :)

Only thing that sucks about night games is waiting all day.

Remember the Alamo! Oh wait, we weren't blown out against VaTech last year... :)

Only thing that sucks about night games is waiting all day.

Actually it makes my Saturday easier since I get all my working out and running around done earlier.

Just for those curious: 2006 vs. Iowa State according to my records was the last ESPN/ABC night game we won.

I'm really looking forward to the Nebraska-Tech matchup. This is one is very intriguing and I think is going to be very close.

Just for those curious: 2006 vs. Iowa State according to my records was the last ESPN/ABC night game we won.

I'm really looking forward to the Nebraska-Tech matchup. This is one is very intriguing and I think is going to be very close.

Thanks for doing the research. 3 years isn't as bad I thought, but I can't imagine Iowa st was ranked or any good at the time. Let's hope we break the trend when we kick the sh#t out of Missou next thursday! GBR