300th sellout letdown

These are not just football players we welcomed into our wonderful stadium on Saturday. They are teenage males, who are contemplating the very biggest decision of their lives that will heavily impact their futures.

Give them some time to think. If they are Nebraska material, we can wait on them for a little bit longer.

it's not all that common for us to land players on visits... it usually comes a while after.

Don't worry, we will get a couple guys out of this group for sure.

We really made an impression on some of these guys and thats the key. They will take a couple more visits and then realize that nothing compares to their husker visit, then they will commit.

Ok, Monday comes and goes...then Tuesday and now Wednesday with nothing gained, what gives? Someone talk me off the ledge here and help understand why still no verbals? Did we really not convince anyone with that atmosphere?

Just a guess...but I bet you own 1 of everything from the Super market check out lines. You seem to think snap decisions are OK.

Ok, Monday comes and goes...then Tuesday and now Wednesday with nothing gained, what gives? Someone talk me off the ledge here and help understand why still no verbals? Did we really not convince anyone with that atmosphere?

Just a guess...but I bet you own 1 of everything from the Super market check out lines. You seem to think snap decisions are OK.

Actually, I think he was just expressing concern or curiosity in a civil manner. No call to be snarky.

Actually, I think he was just expressing concern or curiosity in a civil manner. No call to be snarky.

Snarky....... what a great word!!!

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Chill out...like I stated in another thread, we get commits from the visitors this weekend...it will just be a little while. Chase Harper might commit by the end of the week but the rest have stated many times that they are taking their time. I've heard reports (not sure how credited) that Chase Rome has us in the lead and Bobby Swigert has us as high a anyone but again just be patient.

This class is going to work out just fine. Everyday I hear how we are in on a quality player that I didn't know before.

the fact remains, we are still wayyyyyyy behind in recruiting, undeniable at this point. we are hoping it all comes together between now and LOI signing day. i sure hope some different strategy or recruiting philosophy takes hold next year, this trend in recruiting needs to be turned around. currently ranked 49th by rivals with 8 recruits.

These kids will be watching closely next Thursday and that along with the next two or three games we play will have a bigger influence on them than their visit. If we choke and look bad on the road on national TV that will undo much of the positive feelings gained on our 300th sellout game and pounding a weak team. These kids are not stupid and they have many people including our competition telling them that Nebraska football is not what it used to be. The "wow" factor of our stadium and facilities won't clench a deal with these guys. I think right now the team will have to make the sale to top athletes on the field, not the tradition or pagentry or coaches or facilities. The type of athlete we need and want will only come if they think they can win championships. TCOB in Columbia and beat those we are supposed to and I think several will hop on board. Otherwise we're in deep trouble swaying the better talent to come to Lincoln. I think many of them want to and are willing to believe but need to be shown evidence of a future champion team. The jury is still out on Nebraska for many of these out of state kids.

These kids will be watching closely next Thursday and that along with the next two or three games we play will have a bigger influence on them than their visit. If we choke and look bad on the road on national TV that will undo much of the positive feelings gained on our 300th sellout game and pounding a weak team. These kids are not stupid and they have many people including our competition telling them that Nebraska football is not what it used to be. The "wow" factor of our stadium and facilities won't clench a deal with these guys. I think right now the team will have to make the sale to top athletes on the field, not the tradition or pagentry or coaches or facilities. The type of athlete we need and want will only come if they think they can win championships. TCOB in Columbia and beat those we are supposed to and I think several will hop on board. Otherwise we're in deep trouble swaying the better talent to come to Lincoln. I think many of them want to and are willing to believe but need to be shown evidence of a future champion team. The jury is still out on Nebraska for many of these out of state kids.

Yup. In the eyes of the media (and hence the nation) we have yet to establish that we are back as a program. Those of us that follow the team closely know that Bo has been something of a miracle worker in his short time here and looks to have us headed for great things. However, he's going to have to make some real statements on the national stage before we get back what was our greatest recruiting draw through the years: the perception that going to NU meant you'd be winning almost every game and competing for championships.

Without that key selling point, tradition and fan support have a hard time overcoming location and weather.