This is what Mizzou Fans Think of Nebraska.....

Personally I dont get why everybody thinks VTech isn't that good. Last I checked they were Ranked 6th with there only loss to #3 Bama. Yeah Tyrod might not be the best QB around but he knows how to win games and thats all that matters. Yeah Mizzou might be good but they sure havent played anybody yet. If they want to win they better play better than they did against Nevada or Bowling Green.

Tyrod Taylor doesn't know how to win games, his team knows how to win games. VT didn't beat Nebraska because of Tyrod Taylor, they beat us despite Tyrod Taylor.

Edited by AngryHusker88

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

What was VT? Gee, at least THEY are still ranked in both polls there Bubba...think we shut them down pretty good throughout that game.

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

Huckfusker????

oh, by the way...

GOOOOO BUFFS!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought I would say this but I'm sick and tire of these threads that start with a biased breakdown of the game (weather the bias is intended or not) that soon turn to bickering. I'm just ready for the game

I hear you, I feel the exact same way. This game cannot come soon enough. At least now its less than a week...

Here is a good one!

"Vileevil48

So nuhusker20 you have improved 35 points in the offseason? How do you justify that you are more talented? And let me guess it is going to be because both Chase's and Jmac are gone? Check Gabbert, Perry, Alexander, Lawrence, DWash, Ebner, Spoooooon, and this list just goes on. Nice try though.

And for the un-knowledgeable nub that posted that Gabbert is slow...FAIL. He is faster than Chase was and has a cannon for an arm....nice try though.

DUDE, WATCHING GABBERT RUN WAS LIKE WATCHING A GAME IN SLOW MOTION LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm an MU fan, but you can't be serious!?!?!"

link is

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conversation?gameId=292810142