This is what Mizzou Fans Think of Nebraska.....

That title should read

"this is what ONE MU fan thinks of Nebraska..."

His opinions are his own. Right or wrong. I have heard just a bad from nebraska fans, some even on this board. My favorite was that MU was just another Sun Belt team that would finish in the middle of the pack of the teams NU has already played.

I would advise you not to get all bent of of shape over one far left or far right opinion. Its not good for your health....

Dude, I'm not bent out of shape about any of this. If I was bent out of shape, i would be posting all over those blog comments, and Tigerboard.

This is a message board. It's the prime location for this kind of fan rationale. In all seriousness, i love this stuff, and its part of the reason why I check out Tigerboard daily. Mizzou fans bring it on a regular basis.

However, I will reitterate: I think a lot of you are suffering from wishfull thinking if you think you're going to keep Nebraska's offense in check like Va Tech. If Roy Helu goes off for 160+ rushing yards against the Tigers, NU will be dancing in and out of the end zone on a regular basis. Even the most Black and Gold Blinded Tiger fan can admit Tech has a much better defense than Mizzou.

Secondly, there is no doubt Mizzou will have the best offense NU has faced so far this season. However, any assumptions claiming the Huskers will surrender more points than any of your other three FBS opponents is foolish. Anyone with a pulse can see Nebraska's defense is vastly improved and far more athletic than the last two seasons.

My opinions are based on common sense man. i'm not going to bash Mizzou at all. I have nothing but respect for the Tigers. I do however believe NU has a serious advantage along the line of scrimmage, and one of the top secondaries in the Big 12. In Lincoln, I would expect a double digit Nebraska win. In Columbia, this game goes down to the wire.

That title should read

His opinions are his own. Right or wrong. I have heard just a bad from nebraska fans, some even on this board. My favorite was that MU was just another Sun Belt team that would finish in the middle of the pack of the teams NU has already played.

I would advise you not to get all bent of of shape over one far left or far right opinion. Its not good for your health....

Dude, I'm not bent out of shape about any of this. If I was bent out of shape, i would be posting all over those blog comments, and Tigerboard.

This is a message board. It's the prime location for this kind of fan rationale. In all seriousness, i love this stuff, and its part of the reason why I check out Tigerboard daily. Mizzou fans bring it on a regular basis.

However, I will reitterate: I think a lot of you are suffering from wishfull thinking if you think you're going to keep Nebraska's offense in check like Va Tech. If Roy Helu goes off for 160+ rushing yards against the Tigers, NU will be dancing in and out of the end zone on a regular basis. Even the most Black and Gold Blinded Tiger fan can admit Tech has a much better defense than Mizzou.

Secondly, there is no doubt Mizzou will have the best offense NU has faced so far this season. However, any assumptions claiming the Huskers will surrender more points than any of your other three FBS opponents is foolish. Anyone with a pulse can see Nebraska's defense is vastly improved and far more athletic than the last two seasons.

My opinions are based on common sense man. i'm not going to bash Mizzou at all. I have nothing but respect for the Tigers. I do however believe NU has a serious advantage along the line of scrimmage, and one of the top secondaries in the Big 12. In Lincoln, I would expect a double digit Nebraska win. In Columbia, this game goes down to the wire.

wasnt responding to you directly. It was in general to those who are freaking out

That title should read

I frankly don't care if Mizzou's O ( or their D,for that matter) scores more points against Nebraska than any of the other opponents that they have played so far as long as they score 1 more point than Nebraska scores on Oct. 8th

The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years.

Why doesn't he tell that to Alabama and Miami.

Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far

He should just hand in his resignation right now.

Their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't

Ouch, the truth does hurt.

Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game

No crap Sherlock, but if you didn't spend so much time looking at the Huskers, maybe you notice that your run defense isn't that great against the run.

Despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU.

That is an overstatement.

So I don't think for a minute

Control, we found the problem with this guy.

"Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson"

Nicknames? Really? How childish.

Im sorry, i find this guy's writing to be poison.

You really should re-title your post to "This is what ONE Mizzou fan thinks".

Agreed. One fan doesn't speak for the entire fanbase. We as Husker fans should know that.

*points* Hi, im the guy that said the N on the Husker helmets is for knowledge!

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

That makes perfect sense. Gabbert and receivers are a billion times more talented than Tyrod Taylor and Co. The hookies running backs are average at best. :sarcasm And comparing playing at Vtech vs. Columbia is just plain stupid.

Blaine Gabbert will be better than Tyrod Taylor. What about Taylor do you find impressive? He made bad throws the whole game against us & his 1 big throw at the end, any quarterback could've made that throw, his guy was 20 yards wide open. He's also supposed to be a big running threat but our defense just shut him down, he didn't do jack sh#t against us with his feet the whole game (neither will Gabbert).

As for their running backs, I would definitely take Ryan Williams over Derrick Washington. I also doubt Missouri's o-line measures up to Virginia Tech's o-line.

This is going to be a great game. Mizzou has some very good WR's that will test us...I am anxious to see how our secondary performs...we cannot give up big yardage pass plays. We need to get to Gabbert obviously...if we do we should be in good shape, if we do not I am not sure we can win.

Wow...that is some bulletin board material for our offense. We need to put up points and a lot...nuff said.

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

Juice Williams is a better quarterback than Zac Lee? Thats f#cking hilarious

wow..... one guy talking a bunch of crap what the hell is new? every single fan base has that one or more fan that no matter how bad or good their team is they will talk crap. now this guy isn't like fro daddy. fro daddy is much more awesomer. yes i said awesomer. but i'm sure on some unknown nebraska message board there is oh nebraska will win 165 to zero! so my point is don't be worried about one guy!

Personally I dont get why everybody thinks VTech isn't that good. Last I checked they were Ranked 6th with there only loss to #3 Bama. Yeah Tyrod might not be the best QB around but he knows how to win games and thats all that matters. Yeah Mizzou might be good but they sure havent played anybody yet. If they want to win they better play better than they did against Nevada or Bowling Green.

Personally I dont get why everybody thinks VTech isn't that good. Last I checked they were Ranked 6th with there only loss to #3 Bama. Yeah Tyrod might not be the best QB around but he knows how to win games and thats all that matters. Yeah Mizzou might be good but they sure havent played anybody yet. If they want to win they better play better than they did against Nevada or Bowling Green.

They did put up more points on Miami's speedy defense that Mizzou did on Bowling Green or Nevada. Just goes to show you can never tell what a team's capable of week in and week out.