This is what Mizzou Fans Think of Nebraska.....

Taken from the Dave Matter Blog Comments of the Columbia Tribune:

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

I haven't lost any faith in this coaching staff, and I'm certain that there are multiple issues, and players to blame for the weak ground game. We've still got time to figure things out before the conference opener. Besides, weak ground game or not, NU's defense doesn't scare me in the least bit. Especially NU's secondary. NU hasn't played anyone with the likes of what MU's qb and wr's present for opposing teams. The one varsity squad they've played this year hasn't had an offense in years. (Multiple fieldgoals will not beat MU.) Defending MU's offense will be the greatest challenge they will have faced thus far, and they won't be facing it in the friendly confines of Lincoln. Their qb is barely average at throwing the ball, and their wr's drop too many passes that they shouldn't. Their biggest threat on offense is Helu, and if he doesn't have a monster game in Columbia then NU has NO chance at winning this game. That "Slow-as-molasses-in-January" secondary the Huskers have will get torched come October 8th.

Yes, that's absolutely correct Tjones, despite their bad record the Illini has better offensive talent at the skill positions than NU. The weakest link in the Illini's chain is their headcoach, not their talent. So don't think for a minute that "Pedestrian Zac", "Butterfingers Holt", "Nancy-boy Niles", or "Wannabe 21 again-Watson" put any fear into the minds of Spoon and company.

It just tells you the quality of class.... as well as IQ ability that they have gimping around down there in Columbia... <_<

That's some bulletin board material. It is a big mistake to underestimate your opponent. Certainly to that extent.

VTech's running game is better than MU's. Certainly containing Gabbert won't be as hard as containing Taylor. Gabbert is a better passer, however. The MU game presents different challenges, but MU's offense is not, as they say, all that.

That makes perfect sense. Gabbert and receivers are a billion times more talented than Tyrod Taylor and Co. The hookies running backs are average at best. :sarcasm And comparing playing at Vtech vs. Columbia is just plain stupid.

main pt that was relevant is the Ill skill players are better than anything NU has or MU, some rate them best in country, has actually, they are an incredibly talented bunch, Benn is preseason AA (got hurt on first play) and fayson FL transfer player with a NC ring and 5 star talent, several 4 & 5 star receivers and rb's in mix. course with a dud at qb who couldn't get them the ball didn't matter much now did it? Zook is a joke of a HC.

Again non of the games played truly matter, in less than one week let's get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeee! may the best team win!

He didn't mention how weak Mizzu's O-line and Defense are... weird.

Nevada was getting to Gabbert on a regular basis, I expected Gabbert to be much more mobile than what he showed against Nevada. I think our secondary has to be good enough to take away the quick easy hits to give our D-Line a chance to put some stains on Gabbert's back! Looking forward to a great game!

FACE PALM

He does make a point about our receivers, all weekend long I watch receivers from other teams make amazing plays and incredible acrobatic catches while our guys struggle to make the easy grabs.

Having said that...Our D (the one that doesn't scare this guy in the least) is more physical and better coached than any team they've played since Big 12 Championship last year...they are in for a rude awakening.

I totally agree that the Mizzou offense will be by far our toughest test so far this year. I also agree that Va Tech doesn't have an offense outside of a strong running game.

I'm glad this guy doesn't think our defense is scary. I know that we had 2 sacks against a team that hadn't allowed one in three games and I also know that Va Tech couldn't run at all on us, yet they have run all over everyone they played including their loss to Alabama. I like our defense a lot. In fact, it is by far the best d we have had since Callahan become coach.

They can think whatever they want but I feel more confident about this game than either of the last two contests.

I'm hoping for a W so all the crappy MU fans that no nothing about football will shut-up for at least a year.