Husker Opponent's Most Annoying fanbase list . . .

I'm tired of the talk of Oct. 8th already . . . and it is still a week away. The game just needs to get here so we can all quit speculating and actually watch it happen.

That said . . . Missouri fans are sky rocketing up my list of the most annoying fan bases in the Big 12. Just when I thought no one could wrest the title from CU . . . here comes 2009 MU. (probably at least partially because CU is so down right now that they can't talk smack).

So here is the beginning of my list:

1. Missouri. The fans just love to talk smack. Thank goodness for them they have won against Nebraska recently or they wouldn't have much to crow about. Their best team ever won the Big 12 north . . . they've never won anything more than that. Some of my family members attended the Big 12 championship game in 2007 in San Antonio. Apparently the Missouri fans jeered and mocked the Oklahoma fans throughout the pre-game. The OU fans looked confused . . . and responded with "Have you ever been here before?!" We all know how the game turned out. I don't remember a fan base celebrating doing less than Missouri has.

2. Colorado. They hate all things red. For the moment, though, CU is more concerned with their own team's implosion than they are with hating Nebraska.

3. Kansas State. Rude. Obnoxious. Make fun of Brook Berringer's death. Enough said.

That's basically it for now . . . Kansas and Iowa State fans don't get to me much and we haven't been competitive enough against the south schools to have much for recent bad experiences with the fans.

What's your take?

I have noticed a considerable uptick in Mizzou chatter since their overall mediocre teams eeked out a few North crowns. The good news for the Huskers is even when they manage to beat us, Oklahoma or some other south school puts them right back down again.

I don't like Missouri, but Colorado, on the other hand, is evil. The fanbase there simply has a vile reputation and it seems every season they pile more garbage on the heap. This year the smack is down thanks to their implosion, but we'll see how friendly everyone is up in Boulder this November.

I have noticed a considerable uptick in Mizzou chatter since their overall mediocre teams eeked out a few North crowns. The good news for the Huskers is even when they manage to beat us, Oklahoma or some other south school puts them right back down again.

I don't like Missouri, but Colorado, on the other hand, is evil. The fanbase there simply has a vile reputation and it seems every season they pile more garbage on the heap. This year the smack is down thanks to their implosion, but we'll see how friendly everyone is up in Boulder this November.

Just wait. Netbuffs will come alive come the end of November, and despite their record of 4-7 when we meet them :box , they will find 1,000 reasons as to why we suck and they will beat us in Boulder.

But in all honesty, I've met a lot of CU fans and most of them are very nice. It's just hard to respect them when a student section pelts refs with objects from the stands and gets thrown out of a game. Real winners to the west of us <_<

Second that list. Although Colorado is a VERY close second.

Missouri does have a reason to gloat at 4-2. But that notwithstanding, they do gloat so much more and so much more spitefully than anyone this side of Colorado. Especially of late. What irks me the most, is that THIS season matters. Not the last season, not 5 years ago, and certainly not the last 40 years. Whoever wins on Oct 8th is better. So until a victory is posted, their last 3 years is no more argument than our last 40 years.

Speaking of annoying fan bases, lets talk about visiting their stadiums. If I am not safe or able to watch a football game in peace, that is a serious problem.

Lets talk about Colorado for a moment. I have personal experience with Colorado games - 3 to be exact. I have had food thrown at me two of those times (a partially eaten hot dog that hit me in the back of the head - it had mustard and ketchup - and an empty plastic soda glass), been spit on two times, and been threatened, told to remove my husker gear, pushed, etc at every game.

With Missouri, I have never worked up the nerve to be able to go down there. But I have heard nothing but the same (as Colorado) and worse. Please correct me if I am wrong (and I hope I am, but would guess I am not), because I am reciting here-say. But everything from threats of violence to vandalism to being turned down service in restaurants and bars.

Lets think about all that for a moment. I won't go to a Missouri or Colorado away game because I have to worry about my safety, my property, and being turned into a second class citizen? Thats nothing for a fan base to be proud of, and nothing for anyone to be proud of. Worst fan base? Check.

I remember when it wasn't that long ago that KState held the #1 or #2 honor. Is it just me, or do fanbases get tagged annoying according to how they have performed against Nebraska? The one that perennially shows up is always CU.

Their fan bases are kinda like the monkeys at the zoo. Normally they just sit there quietly staring off into space. But then one of them gets riled up. All the sudden they're all hooting, hollering, and carrying on, while jumping around the enclosure and throwing sh1t at the spectators. Then they eventually calm down and are quiet until the next outburst.

I referee football and we have a new guy from Columbia, MO and during a break out session he had to introduce himself. He said that he was married, from Columbia, MO, refereed for 2-4 years (something like that) and then he says this "Oh and I hate the f*&king Huskers!" Everybody couldn't believe what they heard and saw several jaws drop. My white hat in my crew goes "he'll never work in my crew" haha.

Here is what I would rate mine:

1. Mizzou - Mizzou has had our number for the past 5 years but within those years I've notice more and more Mizzou fans popping up everywhere especially on this board within the past few days. They start having winning seasons and beating Nebraska and they act like they've down something. They brag about beating Nebraska and winning the Big 12 North. We've won the Big 12 North 4 times and won the Big 12 Title twice....something that Mizzou can't say. My sister went to the 97' or 99' Mizzou/Husker game in Columbia and was spit on and food thrown at her. She had her ex-fiance there with her but he didn't do anything because he was out numbered.

2. Colorado - Nothing else needs to be said here

3. Iowa - I'm sorry but ever since they started to get good here the past few years its like all of the sudden there are Hawkeye flags everywhere and people wearing Hawkeye stuff. Their team starts winning ball games and the fans coming rolling in like somebody had just thrown 10 billion dollars out in the middle of the street. Everytime Nebraska loss I have to hear it from Hawkeye fans but once Iowa losses I don't say one word because I don't like it when somebody throws a loss in my face and rubs it in.

4. K-State - I have a cousin who goes to the school and she'll insult the Huskers every chance she gets even after we beat K-State. I was even nice to her when Ron Prince got canned and I told her that it was good for K-State to get rid of him but I told her that getting an old man like Bill Snyder will help them out.

i went to the game two years ago at missuckit, and upon returning to my truck, found that the nice folks of columbia had chosen not to litter, and use the bed of my truck as not only garbage can, but a bathroom. 2 heaping, stinking piles of man crap laying on my tailgate, (which i had left up) like it had been smart-bombed. there was also an unidentifiable substance smeared on most of the windows. we were a little tipsy and obviously pissed at our 'bounty,' so we drove down some rental row type street with college kids up and down it and cleaned my truck out along the way.

the kicker is, ive had the same thing happen in kansas. whats up with people from down that way?