Will Nebraska Ever Get Back To 90s Form?

Will Nebraska ever repeat what they did in the 90s?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Florida walks through the SEC unscathed this year, you will hear media outlet after media outlet calling them the best team ever. They will also have won 3 NC's in 4 years. It will be interesting to see what happens with Urban Meyer's legacy. He's young enough that he has many years/seasons to make him legendary. He also has several years/seasons to tarnish his legacy. Bobby Bowden has stayed in the game too long, and his legacy has been tarnished. Will Meyer make the same mistake? TO knew to get out while the gettin was good.

If Florida walks through the SEC unscathed this year, you will hear media outlet after media outlet calling them the best team ever. They will also have won 3 NC's in 4 years. It will be interesting to see what happens with Urban Meyer's legacy. He's young enough that he has many years/seasons to make him legendary. He also has several years/seasons to tarnish his legacy. Bobby Bowden has stayed in the game too long, and his legacy has been tarnished. Will Meyer make the same mistake? TO knew to get out while the gettin was good.

Florida has to get past LSU first. The Tigers don't score much, so the Gators have a good shot, but if they have a down offensive day LSU could shut them down. Then they'd have to get past the SEC Championship game, where they'll likely play Alabama.

If they get through their schedule undefeated, they'll have earned a mention along with the 90s Huskers.

But first, I want to see post-concussion Tebow play. He took a serious, serious blow. If he can come back from that, they have a chance.

I'm not on LSU's bandwagon, yet. They appear to me to be way overranked. I think if Florida loses this year it will be to a team that sneaks up on them like Ole Miss last year. The NC game this year might very well be the SEC Championship game especially if an undefeated BCS buster or Cincinnati team gets to the NC game.

I think Florida is very close to what the Nebraska hay day was.

If they win out they will be the better team as they will have a Hypsman on their side. Maybe two.

I honestly have no problem with it if it does happen. They will not have the win loss record but will truly have the crystal balls to say they are the best that has ever been. We did not play the best that was out there in all of ours, I think we were the best, but there was controversey. Florida will have played what most felt were the best in all of their championships.

Different time. We just have to do it again, better.

The only reason we may or may not have played the best that was out there was because of how the bowl alliance was set up. In 1994, undefeated Penn State gets left out. In 1997, we didn't get to play Michigan. The only reason Florida can say they played the best was because they changed the set up. Even with the set up now, undefeated Auburn was left out of the chase a few years back. Until there's a playoff, nobody can say there isn't controversey and we played the best of the best.

If they win out they will be the better team as they will have a Hypsman on their side. Maybe two.

I honestly have no problem with it if it does happen. They will not have the win loss record but will truly have the crystal balls to say they are the best that has ever been. We did not play the best that was out there in all of ours, I think we were the best, but there was controversey. Florida will have played what most felt were the best in all of their championships.

The Heisman isn't a barometer of how good a team is, nor is it a knock against the 95 Huskers that Tommie didn't win the award.

1995 Nebraska played four top-ten teams and demolished every team they faced. And it's not that these teams were ranked when we played them - they were ranked that high after the season ended. Florida won't likely have the chance to match that record.

I am saying that they will have won three real NC games, by BCS standards. They will also have a Hypsman and possilby two if they actually win three NC's. Historiclly looking at the two compared down the road most would favor the team with the Hypsman being better is what I am saying.

My guess is Florida has done as well against ranked teams if we look it up.

My point was they played who was number two in the voters eyes every year of the thier NC's we did not.

Of the years in question, which team had the tougher schedule. My guess it would be Florida, the SEC is a tougher road to hoe.

I am saying that they will have won three real NC games, by BCS standards. They will also have a Hypsman and possilby two if they actually win three NC's. Historiclly looking at the two compared down the road most would favor the team with the Hypsman being better is what I am saying.

My guess is Florida has done as well against ranked teams if we look it up.

My point was they played who was number two in the voters eyes every year of the thier NC's we did not.

Of the years in question, which team had the tougher schedule. My guess it would be Florida, the SEC is a tougher road to hoe.

i highly disagree. yes the SEC is tougher now! but in the 90s it was not. we beat our teams by greater margins and did not lose a game in our 3 NC seasons, in fact there were only a few that were even close! so far Florida has lost in each NC season. in 1995 we beat 4 final top 10 teams including the number 2 team by a ridiculous margin! in my eyes the only impressive thing that Florida will have done if they win it again will be to win 3 in 4 years, but how they have won them has been anything but impressive.

there has never been and never will be a team as dominant as the nineties huskers...

Be honest. Tigger fans im sure the mods can see if you vote yes, so its not really worth trying that!

does anyone really think that Nebraska U will get back to the form that they were in in the 90s? that means 3 national titles in 4 years and 60-3 and every other thing we did in the 90s!

i say we wont.....but neither will any other team ever get to be that good again. it would take something truly magical to duplicate that by anyone and it will not be done imo....

what do you think?

and for the record, i dont like these polls and im only posting it to show tigger tim and doc something...

Hey Husker B,

I think my point has been made with this voting.

100+ voters and >30% think the Huskers will return to the 90's.

Checkmate.

Be honest. Tigger fans im sure the mods can see if you vote yes, so its not really worth trying that!

does anyone really think that Nebraska U will get back to the form that they were in in the 90s? that means 3 national titles in 4 years and 60-3 and every other thing we did in the 90s!

i say we wont.....but neither will any other team ever get to be that good again. it would take something truly magical to duplicate that by anyone and it will not be done imo....

what do you think?

and for the record, i dont like these polls and im only posting it to show tigger tim and doc something...

Hey Husker B,

I think my point has been made with this voting.

100+ voters and >30% think the Huskers will return to the 90's.

Checkmate.

yeah, but how many are tigger fans? i really doubt that more than half of those are husker fans....but i digress cuz i cant prove that.

My question to those thinking we will return to our past glory years, 94-97.

What are you reasons? How do you see it happening.

Teams like Florida and SC can not do it now. They have advantages of population, ease of recruiting, current winning tradition, good coaching, media backing.

What are in your mind the circumstances we could over take these programs. Most have a tremendous head start on defining their programs over what Bo has.

I do not care about what we did in the 90's, history tradition does not cut it with the kids today. Win baby is about what they want to hear and see.

I see us returning to being a player like Coach Osborne was for many many years. I see us in the hunt at times, but never doing what we did in the mentioned years. I do not think anyone will.

First you say this: ^^^^^^

My question to those thinking we will return to our past glory years, 94-97.

What are you reasons? How do you see it happening.

Teams like Florida and SC can not do it now. They have advantages of population, ease of recruiting, current winning tradition, good coaching, media backing.

What are in your mind the circumstances we could over take these programs. Most have a tremendous head start on defining their programs over what Bo has.

I do not care about what we did in the 90's, history tradition does not cut it with the kids today. Win baby is about what they want to hear and see.

I see us returning to being a player like Coach Osborne was for many many years. I see us in the hunt at times, but never doing what we did in the mentioned years. I do not think anyone will.

Then you say this: ^^^^

Which is it? Either Florida is doing it now, or teams like Florida and SC can not do it now. It can't be both.