Will Nebraska Ever Get Back To 90s Form?

Will Nebraska ever repeat what they did in the 90s?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Be honest. Tigger fans im sure the mods can see if you vote yes, so its not really worth trying that!

does anyone really think that Nebraska U will get back to the form that they were in in the 90s? that means 3 national titles in 4 years and 60-3 and every other thing we did in the 90s!

i say we wont.....but neither will any other team ever get to be that good again. it would take something truly magical to duplicate that by anyone and it will not be done imo....

what do you think?

and for the record, i dont like these polls and im only posting it to show tigger tim and doc something...

I don't think anyone will match that kind of dominance.

Agreed.

I would be happy with 3 NC's in the next 15 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or two.............

Even one................

Actually zero........... Aslong as we are getting 10 wins every year

I think the question is invalid actually. Could we get to a point where we are as dominant as we were in the 90's? The answers are in the question. Can we do it, sure we could. Can we not do it, thats feasible as well. Can we do it in a set time frame, the answer is who knows. Records, as they say, are made to be broken, so I would consider the 90's a form of a record.

As the answer is tricky, it could go either way. We could definitely be dominant like that, will it happen who knows.

Tim is my mind is obnoxious and i've simply refrained from taking his troll bait. I've yet to see him post anything of substance and until I do my opinion of him is not good. The lovely thing about a message board though is that I can simply ignore his ignorant remarks and go on about my business.

Tim is my mind is obnoxious and i've simply refrained from taking his troll bait. I've yet to see him post anything of substance and until I do my opinion of him is not good.

That's what's really sad about him, because a couple of times he has had some decent posts. He doesn't have to stoop to the bottom level of message board behavior, he just chooses to. Over and over.

It's too bad.

I wouldn't say that it is impossible, but hard to duplicate in the same fashion. But to those that say it can never be done again I must mention USC and Florida of late. Maybe their records aren't quite what the Huskers did over a five year period, but they have been VERY dominate during their respective runs.

I feel Bo and Co. will make us a national power again soon and maybe and I mean maybe, a NC is in our future (remember it took TO 20+ yrs before he got his) under this regime. Who knows, but it will be nice to see us back in around (and stay there) the top 15 or top 10 again.

As of late USC made a run at it but fell short. Now Florida is looking like they could be at least compared to that string that the Huskers had. Don't forget that the Huskers also played Florida State for all the marbles the year before the string of NC's started. I don't see anyone matching Osborne's record of his last 5 years. I do see the Huskers getting into the top 10 on a more consistant basis however much the same as the Huskers were excluding those 5 seasons.

As of late USC made a run at it but fell short. Now Florida is looking like they could be at least compared to that string that the Huskers had. Don't forget that the Huskers also played Florida State for all the marbles the year before the string of NC's started. I don't see anyone matching Osborne's record of his last 5 years. I do see the Huskers getting into the top 10 on a more consistant basis however much the same as the Huskers were excluding those 5 seasons.

Ya, and 2 points and 2 bad calls ( caused a 14 point swing in Florida St.'s favor ) away form winning 4 National Titles during that five year period. Granted, water under the bridge, woulda shoulda coulda, but what a dynasty that would have been with 4 NC's for the Huskers. Oh, and to have actually been able to play Michigan and cream them (which we would have by the way) so we didn't have to share that title. Ok, bye weeks suck, I am remeniscing way to much. Thursday can't come soon enough!!!