No respect!!!

Man, We don't get no respect from these polls. I think the V-Tech loss actually is going to help our team rather than hurt it!!!I think we are going to go undefeated in B12 play and play Texas in B12 championship. Then depending how the team gels and improves throughout the season, yes we might even play for the NC. That's right I said it. I mean it is more plausable now if you just look at the rankings and how bad alot of Top 10 teams have played. Bo said it right last week, the seasons starts NOW!!!! Bring it!!! :box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box:box

You have to understand the simpletons that make up these polls. Most of them base 90% of their decision on W/L records.

If we had beaten VT by 1 point, we'd probably be in the top 10-that's how stupid it is.

Thursday we have a prime time slot and are going to bitch slap Misery on their home turf, and in front of the ENTIRE COUNTRY. That is the kind of game that will get people's attention.

You have to understand the simpletons that make up these polls. Most of them base 90% of their decision on W/L records.

If we had beaten VT by 1 point, we'd probably be in the top 10-that's how stupid it is.

Are you serious? You don't see a big difference between a win and a loss? That's what I call a stupid view.

Hey, remember that game where USC barely lost to Texas? Let's call them co-champs, because they really played a pretty even game. The scoreboard wasn't really the point. :sarcasm

Man, We don't get no respect from these polls. I think the V-Tech loss actually is going to help our team rather than hurt it!!!I think we are going to go undefeated in B12 play and play Texas in B12 championship. Then depending how the team gels and improves throughout the season, yes we might even play for the NC. That's right I said it. I mean it is more plausable now if you just look at the rankings and how bad alot of Top 10 teams have played. Bo said it right last week, the seasons starts NOW!!!! Bring it!!!

Nebraska in the NCG? You are seriously delusional.

lol...How can anyone take your post seriously after you said Nebraska will have a chance to play in the national championship? Do you know how many teams ahead of us would have to lose in order for that to happen?

You mean how many teams would have to lose twice in order for that to happen.

lol...How can anyone take your post seriously after you said Nebraska will have a chance to play in the national championship? Do you know how many teams ahead of us would have to lose in order for that to happen?

You mean how many teams would have to lose twice in order for that to happen.

Its not really that delusional...not too many teams would have to lose if nebraska would run the table (including beating texas in the big XII champ) we would be in the nc.. but is that going to happen, personally i don't think so.. but it is a possibility, albeit a very very slim possibility

Are you serious? You don't see a big difference between a win and a loss? That's what I call a stupid view.

Okay, let me spell it out for you. VT is #5, we are #22. Where do you think each team would be ranked had they not completed the long pass on the final drive? Are you dense enough to believe that one drive is worth 17 spots in the poll?

See what I'm getting at?

I don't see a 17 place swing on that game because that's not the only game to rank VT and NU on. VT crushed a very good Miami team, and lost to an extremely good Alabama. You said top 10. That's 12 spots.

Yes, I can see it, though in my biased view I think Nebraska should be higher now. We failed miserably when it counted on that last drive. We also failed to score a TD. That's not nearly a win. It's a loss. I can see how voters would still think we have a ways to go before we belong in the top 10. That was a big swing game for Nebraska, and we lost.

I need to back off my original statement some, because I think the Huskers are well underranked at 22. No, I don't see that huge of a difference in close win or a close loss. I overreacted because I think too many here are treating VT as a virtual win, and I don't agree with that. But I can see some of the voters perspective, that Nebraska has to actually win a game like that to get respect.

The computers, by the way, are instructed to treat a loss as a loss. They used to consider margin of victory, but now it's all W vs L as mandated by the BCS.

Okay, let me spell it out for you. VT is #5, we are #22. Where do you think each team would be ranked had they not completed the long pass on the final drive? Are you dense enough to believe that one drive is worth 17 spots in the poll?

See what I'm getting at?

Your point is meaningless. We lost, end of story. VT has beaten a well rated team AFTER our game. They are on a streak of beating a highly rated team and beating us and though they didn't do particularly well against a weak team this weekend they won. We lost to them and beat a cupcake. Hard to argue with a big differential. We would be screaming like mashed cats if we had beaten VT by a lucky last minute play and not been rated much higher than VT. Comparing scores and using a loss to claim we are belonging among the top teams is a lose'rs game. We have plenty of opportunity to make a statement on the field. Just don't lose and don't whine, is the winning approach.

None of us think that Misery belongs in the polls, so if we can't beat them, we'll not deserve to be ranked. If we do we'll move up the rankings of one loss teams and keep climbing.

Let's quit beeching about what is after 4 games and see what we deserve after another 3. I think we will be treated fairly by the pollsters. I worry more about getting it done on the field. Thursday night we'll all know more about this Husker team. We can quit ascribing our fantasies as to where in the football world we belong and begin to know how good we are. GBR