BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

knapplc said,"Their other three opponents have passed for in excess of 200 yards each, including Div IAA Furman, who threw for 300 yards."

You keep forgetting that Furman got most of their passing yards in the second half when the game was decided and Furman was playing against the second and sometimes the third string defense

This isn't a "defining" game in any way. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri are going to go through this season undefeated. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri is in contention for anything other than a mostly meaningless postseason bowl game. Both teams will go bowling, both teams will fail to win the Conference championship, both teams are irrelevant in the National Title hunt.

In what way do you think this is a "defining" game?

I'm going to have to disagree with your oracle-like predictions here knapplc!! How do you know that neither of these teams won't win the conference? Are you that impressed with anybody from the South? Sure, the national title hunt might be a little far-fetched, due to preseason rankings, but I see the possibility of a conference championship as something totally obtainable.

The winner of this game has the inside track to win the North, which in turn leads to a place in the conference championship game. This fact alone makes this this a pretty "defining" game if there's ever been one. If you could prove that either team, even with a win, couldn't win the conference I might agree with you, but since you can't, I'd say your post is not only foolish but wrong!!

I'm going to have to disagree with your oracle-like predictions here knapplc!! How do you know that neither of these teams won't win the conference? Are you that impressed with anybody from the South? Sure, the national title hunt might be a little far-fetched, due to preseason rankings, but I see the possibility of a conference championship as something totally obtainable.

The winner of this game has the inside track to win the North, which in turn leads to a place in the conference championship game. This fact alone makes this this a pretty "defining" game if there's ever been one. If you could prove that either team, even with a win, couldn't win the conference I might agree with you, but since you can't, I'd say your post is not only foolish but wrong!!

Bottom line is this - the loser of this game can still win the North. This is not a crucial game. Looking at the schedules of Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska you'll find games where they're either not favored or it's a pick-em. Kansas will likely lose to Oklahoma, Texas, and one or both of Missouri or Tech. Missouri will likely lose to Oklahoma State, Texas and one or both of Nebraska and Kansas. Nebraska could lose this game and still win the North by beating Kansas in Lawrence, even if we lose to Missouri and Oklahoma.

Do people even look at other teams' schedules before they fire off posts like this? Or do we just let our panties get so twisted that we lose all concept of rational thought in our attempt to look smart?

And Nevada only had 146 yds passing against Missouri

If you read my post, you'll see I mentioned the Nevada QB by name. And he's a run-first QB. Saying you held him to 146 yards is like saying you held Eric Crouch to 146 yards passing. Neither guy is a passer.

You said that all three teams that Mizzou has played have passed for over 200 yds. I was just pointing out that Nevada did not, in fact, they only passed for 146 yds.

This isn't a "defining" game in any way. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri are going to go through this season undefeated. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri is in contention for anything other than a mostly meaningless postseason bowl game. Both teams will go bowling, both teams will fail to win the Conference championship, both teams are irrelevant in the National Title hunt.

Until someone knocks Texass off their perch up top of the Big 12, I'd say yeah I'm impressed with the South. I can't say the winner of this game has the inside track to win the North. Kansas is still right there in the thick of things. Right now, I give the North a 15% chance of winning the Big 12 and that's probably a good 5% too high.

If you read my post, you'll see I mentioned the Nevada QB by name. And he's a run-first QB. Saying you held him to 146 yards is like saying you held Eric Crouch to 146 yards passing. Neither guy is a passer.

You said that all three teams that Mizzou has played have passed for over 200 yds. I was just pointing out that Nevada did not, in fact, they only passed for 146 yds.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, apparently.

Try reading this again. Third time's the charm:

Problem is, they've only held one opponent to <150 passing yards and that was Kaepernick, the running QB from Nevada. Their other three opponents have passed for in excess of 200 yards each, including Div IAA Furman, who threw for 300 yards.

To explain:

One team (NEVADA) has passed for less than 150 yards, and that was accomplished by a running quarterback.

The other three teams you've faced (FURMAN, BOWLING GREEN and ILLINOIS) have each passed for >200 yards. Furman passed for 300 yards, and they're a Div II opponent.

Got it?

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, apparently.

Try reading this again. Third time's the charm:

Problem is, they've only held one opponent to <150 passing yards and that was Kaepernick, the running QB from Nevada. Their other three opponents have passed for in excess of 200 yards each, including Div IAA Furman, who threw for 300 yards.

To explain:

One team (NEVADA) has passed for less than 150 yards, and that was accomplished by a running quarterback.

The other three teams you've faced (FURMAN, BOWLING GREEN and ILLINOIS) have each passed for >200 yards. Furman passed for 300 yards, and they're a Div II opponent.

Got it?

OK, I get ya. My bad, I misread the post. I've had one of them days. Like I said, my bad. sorry

Bottom line is this - the loser of this game can still win the North. This is not a crucial game. Looking at the schedules of Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska you'll find games where they're either not favored or it's a pick-em. Kansas will likely lose to Oklahoma, Texas, and one or both of Missouri or Tech. Missouri will likely lose to Oklahoma State, Texas and one or both of Nebraska and Kansas. Nebraska could lose this game and still win the North by beating Kansas in Lawrence, even if we lose to Missouri and Oklahoma.

Do people even look at other teams' schedules before they fire off posts like this? Or do we just let our panties get so twisted that we lose all concept of rational thought in our attempt to look smart?

Twisted panties and rational thought????? <_<

You're the one who said that neither of these teams will win the conference. I merely pointed out that you could be wrong. And besides looking at the schedule, which I did in fact do, have you watched any of the games played by the conference opponents lately? If your little fantasy plays out correct, the North (MU, KU, & NU) would have to lose every game against the South (OU, OSU, TEX)? Do you really expect that to happen? Have you seen Oklahoma play? Have you watched Okie State? Are you really that impressed with Texas?

Talk about getting your panties in a bunch!!

Until someone knocks Texass off their perch up top of the Big 12, I'd say yeah I'm impressed with the South. I can't say the winner of this game has the inside track to win the North. Kansas is still right there in the thick of things. Right now, I give the North a 15% chance of winning the Big 12 and that's probably a good 5% too high.

I can agree with that. I just don't think that the South is as powerful as it has been in the past and that gives the North a much better chance at winning the conference.

Twisted panties and rational thought????? <_<

Your the one who said that neither of these teams will win the conference. I merely pointed out that you could be wrong. And besides looking at the schedule, which I did in fact do, have you watched any of the games played by the conference opponents lately? If your little fantasy plays out correct, the North (MU, KU, & NU) would have to lose every game against the South (OU, OSU, TEX)? Do you really expect that to happen? Have you seen Oklahoma play? Have you watched Okie State? Are you really that impressed with Texas?

Talk about getting your panties in a bunch!!

I have watched every one of our conference opponents play, along with most of the top 25 and a bunch of other games. I have a very good idea what I'm talking about.

Apparently you missed something in your rush to counter my point. I never alleged that Nebraska would lose all of their South games. I expect us to beat Tech and Baylor (Baylor rather easily). I think we have a puncher's chance against Oklahoma, too, especially with the crazy amount of injuries they have. Miami's defense is not better than ours, and their offense is no better than ours, yet they pulled off the win. Bradford or no Bradford, Oklahoma is in for a dog fight in Lincoln.

I fully expect KU to be an underdog in their games against Texas and Oklahoma. Yes, I've watched Texas and Oklahoma play. They're both better than Kansas.

I fully expect Missouri to be an underdog in their games against Texas and OK Light. Yes, I've watched Texas and OK Light play. They're both better than Missouri.

Even if we lose to Missouri, which we won't, a North title isn't out of the question at all. Missouri won the North title last year and they lost to Kansas. I would call that a far more "defining" game than our game against the Tigers this year.

The South as a whole might not be as powerful as in the past, but I think Texas is as strong of team as there has been in the Big 12. Okie State is Okie State. They're streaky. At one time, they look impossible to beat. The next time, they look not so great. OU has some serious issues. Their OL is very suspect. Their D looks vulnerable. How much longer can Stoops afford to give Venebles the benefit of the doubt? I'm a show me person. I'm going to have to see North teams actually beat South teams before I give them much of a chance in the title game.