BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

This could be a defining moment for Bo.

Win in Columbia and turn the current tide that is swinging in Mizzou's favor. A win and it might be awhile before Mizzou beats Nebraska again. Possibly a Big XII North in 2009 if the Huskers don't screw it up too much.

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

Just stating the obvious.

This thread started with Bo needing to beat Mizzou.

It took exactly two posts before somebody said something about Mizzou's success/failure in 2009.

I wanted to keep this thread on track. ;)

Tiger Tim, even though you are a Missouri fan, I couldn't agree more with your post. It's going to be one heck of a game. Missouri has even given Nebraska fits in Columbia when they had inferior personnel. Make no mistake about this game it will be huge for Bo.

Win in Columbia and turn the current tide that is swinging in Mizzou's favor. A win and it might be awhile before Mizzou beats Nebraska again. Possibly a Big XII North in 2009 if the Huskers don't screw it up too much.

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

It took exactly two posts before somebody said something about Mizzou's success/failure in 2009.

Tiger Tim, even though you are a Missouri fan, I couldn't agree more with your post. It's going to be one heck of a game. Missouri has even given Nebraska fits in Columbia when they had inferior personnel. Make no mistake about this game it will be huge for Bo.

Joe,

Thanks for seeing the light.

See if you can enlighten KNAPP & CAPTAIN 'NOT SO' OBVIOUS.

Two days away and this is the most anxious I have felt for a Mizzou game in years.

I'm not trying to troll.

Biggest game for Bo since he arrived for the program. The blowout in Lincoln was his first conference game and though disappointing was understandable. The bowl game was not as big a game for the program. Thursday night is huge. If we can't recruit Missouri, our options to acquire talent are hurt. We had two 4 star recruits from Missouri in this class and one left (to Kansas, but did leave) and the other is wavering. Whether or not we retain Gabbert and are able to successfully recruit this year and next in Missouri (and to a some extent Texas and Iowa as we seem to often offer the same players Missouri does) depends a lot on this game. The media, the players and the fans along with the recuits are expecting a win or at least a great showing by the Huskers. It also may have a very negative effect on our young team if they are badly beaten in Columbia and cost us games that we would win if we don't go down there and win Thursday.

Also if we cannot compete with or beat Misery this year, they are even younger than we are and it does not bode well for the next couple years. I'm guessing Bo knows this is more than "another game". GBR

Joe,

Two days away and this is the most anxious I have felt for a Mizzou game in years.

So.... how many sockpuppets are you going to create to bolster your flagging ego?

The best news you could hear is that some of our players are down with the flu, as has been mentioned in the other thread.

Missouri lost to Kansas last year, yet still won the North. That game had far bigger implications than ours, coming so late in the year as it did, yet it wasn't a "huge" loss.

I know you Tigers want to be relevant. I know you want to be considered among the elite of the conference. But no matter how many times you say it, this still isn't a huge game.

The comment about the verdict on Bo still being out...Nebraska fans know football. We like what we see. I felt Bill was a bad hire. Watched the Southern miss game that first season, watched Joe Dailey run out of bounds instead of lowering his head to try to win the football game on our final 4th down and knew that we were screwed.

Bo has us focused on one game at a time and he was confident going into Vatech and most of us didn't share his optimism. Our team was up to the challenge. The good team found a way to win; however, and we took a another step in the right direction. I believe the loss to tech has us more focused than ever. Missouri's passing attack with their playmaking recievers and strong armed qb will be a nice test. I'm finally beginning to share Bo's optimism. Win or lose Thursday, we'll see our team play better than any callahan coached game.

So.... how many sockpuppets are you going to create to bolster your flagging ego?

Missouri lost to Kansas last year, yet still won the North. That game had far bigger implications than ours, coming so late in the year as it did, yet it wasn't a "huge" loss.

How did the Mizzou-Kansas game have far bigger implications than the Mizzou-Nebraska game?

Mizzou already clinched the Big XII North before playing Kansas.

In essence, the game meant nothing...zero....zilch....nada.

On the other hand, Mizzou beat Nebraska.

Mizzou edged out the Bugeaters for the Big XII North on a tiebreaker.

What was the tie-breaker you ask?

Oh geez....the head to head matchup between the Tigers and Huskers.

Hmmph.

Still telling me this game isn't a MUST win for either team? Especially Bo??!!

Since he's on the business end of a 2 game downturn.

How did the Mizzou-Kansas game have far bigger implications than the Mizzou-Nebraska game?

Hmmph.

so if you hadnt lost the KU game is there a nead for that tiebreaker?

Hmmph.

Bing.

Joe,

The best news you could hear is that some of our players are down with the flu, as has been mentioned in the other thread.

I know you Tigers want to be relevant. I know you want to be considered among the elite of the conference. But no matter how many times you say it, this still isn't a huge game.

How can Nebraska be relevant if we cannot beat Missouri?

I thought that the Virginia Tech game was huge for the Huskers. A ranked team on the road, and a team we should have beaten last year.

The Missouri game in my opinion is much bigger. It is a conference game against a team we have not even competed with the past 2 years. 2 embarrasing blow outs to a conference rival.... Beating Missouri at home after the past 2 seasons would indicate to me some rightng of the ship. That is of course we don't self destruct like Missouri in later games.

I think Bo likes his chances in this game even though it is on the road. We all know that football games generally come down to line play even though the focus is on the skill positions. From what I have seen, Nebraska has an edge on both sides of the ball. It's going to take some meltdowns from Nebraska for Missouri to win this game.

Tiger Tim, what is it with the hostility with other Missouri fans? I once went to a game in Lawrence in 2001 and while walking to the stadium and passing the frat houses I was invited to have beers (in my NU sweatshirt) with Kansas students. The only ribbing they gave me was how their basketball team would beat us and how we would lose to Miami. I am not kidding, those Kansas students predicted us getting shelled against Miami. Anyways, why aren't Missouri fans like this?

Hmmph.

So what's your point?

If Bo hadn't had his a$$ handed to him in Lincoln, you would have won first in the North.

It's Bo's second year with (I'm guessing here, but I know it's close) 70 some Freshman on the team. It is not a MUST win.

With that being said, it's really not even a debate. We will win this game no problem.

According to ESPN, we have:

Freshmen: 80

Sophomores: 23

Juniors: 26

Seniors: 14

Any way you slice it, this is a young team.

And TO remarked as he could not recall a team with as many young players just Tuesday eve on Big Red Wrap Up and that is a pretty good souce.... just sayin looks youg to TO