BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

I agree RedGixxer, & ultimately Pelini has no one to blame for that loss but himself. When its 4th & 1 - and getting 1 yard will win the football game, you go for the win. Thats football & that was a pu&&y ass move by Pelini.

However, I feel the season is still redeemable. I think we can go 11-1, but right now my #1 concern is beating Missouri

:yeah

Are you for real on this 11-1 stuff?

We lost four games last year, V-Tech, Missouri, T-Tech, and OU.

This year we've lost to V-Tech in a game that game down to the final moments. In some ways it was similar to last year in that our offense struggled and turned the ball over and that keyed the Hokie win.

We hoped Missouri would be in transition this year with their losses on offense and the loss of the OC. It appears that they are at least close to if not equal to what they were last year. Bad news for us since we got BASHED a year ago, at HOME. We are going to have to play a lot better than we did last year, especially since we have to go to their place.

T-Tech could be a chance at revenge since we have them at home and they are not the same team without Harrell and Crabtree. So we could make up for that loss, but we have to travel to Kansas and play a very tough foe in KU. If they beat us down there, the T-Tech win would represent no net gain in the won-lost column.

OU dominated us last year, and they will have Bradford back for the rematch. Once again, not good news for us.

I think we are going to be 8-4, maybe 9-3. But 11-1....that's a little bit crazy, don't ya think?

I agree RedGixxer, & ultimately Pelini has no one to blame for that loss but himself. When its 4th & 1 - and getting 1 yard will win the football game, you go for the win. Thats football & that was a pu&&y ass move by Pelini.

However, I feel the season is still redeemable. I think we can go 11-1, but right now my #1 concern is beating Missouri

Two can play that game.

Your defense has absolutely dominated VT all day. VT has 10 points. The TD came off of a HUGE opening kick off return and the field goal came because of one big run. You know you have a punter who can pin them deep and make them earn it. You're a defensive coach and you have all the confidence in the world in your defense. That is a ballsy move.

It all depends what angle you look at it from..

If you want to win the North, then yes, this is a must win game.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Somebody is posting with a clear head.

This is not only a game that is a must to win the North, it is also a game for Bo's psyche.

If the Bugeaters lose to Mizzou....AGAIN....that would make it three losses in a row (5 of 7) for the Huskers and two losses for Bo individually.

The more the losses start to pile up against a certain 'rival', the harder it is to swing it the other way.

(See how the Huskers used to wipe their shoes on Mizzou in the 80's and 90's)

This IS a big DEFINING game for Bo and Huskers.

You can call me ridiculous, you can spit your beer out, you can call me names, you can say I'm your winner of the Golden Troll (thanks, by the way)....I don't give two flips. I'm looking at this without red shades.

This year we've lost to V-Tech in a game that game down to the final moments. In some ways it was similar to last year in that our offense struggled and turned the ball over and that keyed the Hokie win.

We hoped Missouri would be in transition this year with their losses on offense and the loss of the OC. It appears that they are at least close to if not equal to what they were last year. Bad news for us since we got BASHED a year ago, at HOME. We are going to have to play a lot better than we did last year, especially since we have to go to their place.

T-Tech could be a chance at revenge since we have them at home and they are not the same team without Harrell and Crabtree. So we could make up for that loss, but we have to travel to Kansas and play a very tough foe in KU. If they beat us down there, the T-Tech win would represent no net gain in the won-lost column.

OU dominated us last year, and they will have Bradford back for the rematch. Once again, not good news for us.

I think we are going to be 8-4, maybe 9-3. But 11-1....that's a little bit crazy, don't ya think?

Another logical poster.

I predicted in another thread that the Huskers would finish 6-6.

But that was before Griffin got knocked out for the season.

My prediction was upped to 7-5.

8-4 maybe....but absolutely no more.

You guys are facing a tough schedule.

But I'm derailing this thread.

I repeat. Bo needs this game....

I think the one that needs to prove something is Watsons offense in a big game.

17 Points 2008 <_<

6 points 2007 :angry:

34 points 2006

24 points 2005

Those Missou teams werent known for those great defenses so why does this offense have trouble moving the ball against them?

So far this year 1 big game 15 points.

Two can play that game.

Your defense has absolutely dominated VT all day. VT has 10 points. The TD came off of a HUGE opening kick off return and the field goal came because of one big run. You know you have a punter who can pin them deep and make them earn it. You're a defensive coach and you have all the confidence in the world in your defense. That is a ballsy move.

If you really have all the confidence in the world on your defense then you have no problem going for it. Thats the ballsy move the other is I have to give my defense more yards or I think they will score if we try and fail.

Two can play that game.

If you really have all the confidence in the world on your defense then you have no problem going for it. Thats the ballsy move the other is I have to give my defense more yards or I think they will score if we try and fail.

If you have all the confidence in the world in your defense why would you need to go for it? Pin them deep and let the D take care of it. It's funny how everyone can sit and question the call their couch but if the move pays off everyone talks about how great the D was and how smart Pelini was to pin them deep and let his forte dominate. He's the coach for a reason.

Another logical poster.

Do you ever even look at the stats of who Missouri has played? You look at 4-0 and think, "Wow, Missouri is good." But you never look deeper than that, and realize that Iowa State might be 4-0 against this schedule.

Nebraska played four QBs listed in the top 100 for Pass Efficiency and gave up a total of 28 points. Every QB we've played is in the top 100. Missouri has played ONE opponent in the top 100 - Tyler Sheehan from Bowling Green, the same BG team that, alone, put up nearly the same points on the Tigers as Nebraska's entire schedule. The same BG that is 1-4 on the season after losing to OHIO last weekend. Ohio scored more points on Bowling Green than Missouri, for goodness' sake. For the record, Blaine Gabbert is 4th in the nation in Pass Efficiency; Zac Lee is 16th and Tyrod Taylor is 27th. Juice Williams, Colin Kaepernick and the Furman QB are not listed in the top 100.

Gabbert hasn't played a competent pass defense yet. Zac Lee has. Missouri is ranked 39th in the country in pass defense, compared to VT's 20th. If Missouri allows Lee to throw for 150+ yards, they lose this game. Problem is, they've only held one opponent to <150 passing yards and that was Kaepernick, the running QB from Nevada. Their other three opponents have passed for in excess of 200 yards each, including Div IAA Furman, who threw for 300 yards. Missouri is giving up 351 yards of offense per game against teams averaging 334 yards per game. Nebraska is giving up 285 yards/game against teams averaging 358/game.

Nebraska has played statistically better offenses and defenses than Missouri. Nebraska has scored more on better defenses than Missouri (NE 9th in Scoring Offense, Missouri 15th). Nebraska has held better offenses (Opponent Scoring Offense AVG: NE - 23.6/game; MO - 22.5/game) to fewer points (Points Allowed: NE - 28; MO 62) than Missouri.

These are all stats taken from the NCAA's stat site - LINK

By all means, if you think I've gotten any of these wrong, let me know.

Two can play that game.

If you have all the confidence in the world in your defense why would you need to go for it? Pin them deep and let the D take care of it. It's funny how everyone can sit and question the call their couch but if the move pays off everyone talks about how great the D was and how smart Pelini was to pin them deep and let his forte dominate. He's the coach for a reason.

So your saying if he went for it your sitting on your couch saying WOW he went for it he must not trust his defense? While I would be saying wow he had the guts to go for and must really trust that his defense is going to keep them out no matter where they are.

By the way it cuts the other way by telling your offense that I don't beleive you can make one yard in an important moment to win the game so I'm kicking.

How many people on here would have been complaining if he went for and made it?

Sorry for getting off topic chuckleshuffle

Mizzou is staring at a 3 loss streak right now...

Loss to Nebraska

Loss to Oklahoma State

Loss to Texas

This post just shows how infatuated you are with the Mizzou Tigers success!

The thread was supposed to be about Bo really needing to beat MU and not go 0-2 against the Tigers in his regime and its implications on recruiting.

It took, what.....2 posts to say that Mizzou is staring at a 3 loss streak?

Tiger Nation is flattered.

I love how Nebraska invented " Nickname Nation" with what is Husker Nation. I laugh when others copy from us.

And yes, Bo and NU need to win this game to show recruits, media, and fans the program is in heading in the right direction. Besides if he loses, it will be due to coaching considering NU has a lot more talent than does MU.

Missouri isn't close to where they were at this point last season and the perfect record is masking it. Missouri struggled to beat a down Bowling Green team. As good as Gabbert has been, last year's offense was far better. Missouri averaged well over 50 ppg against a tougher non-conference schedule last year. Defensively they have been solid yet unspectacular, but they lost a lot of talent from last year's defense (Hood, Moore, and Sulak) and have yet to face a difficult test this year.

Last year in Thursday night games, eight ranked teams were defeated by unranked or lower ranked teams including top-ranked USC's defeat to unranked Oregon St. You can look at that in whichever way you would prefer to when Nebraska and Missouri meet as the polls differ on which team is ranked higher. However, the point is simply that strange things happen in Thursday night nationally televised games.

I believe people are really overstating the importance of this individual game. Last year the north division was won with a 5-3 record. Is this an important game? Absolutely. It is not critical though, and it appears more important for Missouri given their upcoming schedule. If they lose this game, there is the very real possibility they fall to 0-3 in conference play with Texas and Oklahoma St. looming. If that happens, they would have to win out to have any chance at winning the division.

Another logical poster.

You only think they're logical because they are giving Mizzou some props... ;)

This is a must win if you want to begin solidifying your chances as the Big 12 North Champion. Otherwise, this game has little relevance to any thing else.

T.O. lost his first 6 or so games to Oklahoma. In the grand scheme of things, it didn't really matter, because he ended up narrowing the series and having his own run of success against them when OU flattened in the 90's.

So, other than making our road to the Big 12 Championship game a little easier, this game doesn't affect much of anything else.

Or, you could just look at it how I look at it, in that every game is a must win and there is no such thing as any other type of game.