BO REALLY NEEDS TO BEAT MU

Twodocs

This could be a defining moment for Bo.

Win in Columbia and turn the current tide that is swinging in Mizzou's favor. A win and it might be awhile before Mizzou beats Nebraska again. Possibly a Big XII North in 2009 if the Huskers don't screw it up too much.

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura GIANT EGOS would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

Just stating the obvious.

This thread started with Bo needing to beat Mizzou.

It took exactly two posts before somebody said something about Mizzou's success/failure in 2009.

I wanted to keep this thread on track. ;)

FIFY <_<

Hater

Win in Columbia and turn the current tide that is swinging in Mizzou's favor. A win and it might be awhile before Mizzou beats Nebraska again. Possibly a Big XII North in 2009 if the Huskers don't screw it up too much.

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura GIANT EGOS would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

It took exactly two posts before somebody said something about Mizzou's success/failure in 2009.

FIFY <_<

Hater

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama Just flipping ya some crap, someone has to do it right?

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

This isn't a "defining" game in any way. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri are going to go through this season undefeated. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri is in contention for anything other than a mostly meaningless postseason bowl game. Both teams will go bowling, both teams will fail to win the Conference championship, both teams are irrelevant in the National Title hunt.

In what way do you think this is a "defining" game?

Bo really needs to prove his approach is working and not let MU go 2-0 on him. It is huge recuiting deal and the inside track to the North Championship!

Bo has to show that he more than the reincarnation of Pepper Rodgers!

done deal.

NU will beat MU. I doubt it will be a lopsided game though.

:clap

This isn't a "defining" game in any way. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri are going to go through this season undefeated. Neither Nebraska nor Missouri is in contention for anything other than a mostly meaningless postseason bowl game. Both teams will go bowling, both teams will fail to win the Conference championship, both teams are irrelevant in the National Title hunt.

:yeah

Good post.

And for those who thing that somehow MU is a MUST win, make or break game...

Bo doesn't NEED to beat MU or any other team in particular.

It would be nice, but his career is just beginning and there are no MUST wins for BO.

It's only his second season.

Ill take the blame for getting the thread off-topic.

But i've felt that if the Huskers beat the Tigers at home this year, that they will head to OSU with a negative attitude losing that game, and then facing Texas will be a guaranteed home loss again for the Tigers, they will win the next games before playing Kansas, which will once again be like the Husker game, a contender game for the Big 12 North.

@knapplc - While i agree with most of what you said, we are playing for the Big 12 North title spot. A position we havent taken in sometime. It may be a small step to some, but it is the next step we need to take as a football program.

A loss on the other hand, could be disastrous. The Tigers aura would grow even larger and it would be increasingly difficult to beat them on a regular basis like you were used to in the 80's & 90's.

I'm not trying to troll.

In what way do you think this is a "defining" game?

It isn't a defining game, but the last time I checked, Nebraska IS in contention for the Big 12 Championship, as are 11 other teams. Win the North and the title game and they're automatically in a BCS bowl game--which I would hardly call a "meaningless bowl game." A lot of pundits have them as the favorite to be the North champion, so if you can't even consider an "upset" in the championship game within the realm of possibility, I have to question your faith. Are ya THAT jaded that we can't win the North (something we're favored to do) and then upset someone like Texas, a team that Wyoming took to the firewall for over a half? It sure sounds like it is within the realm of possibility to me.

:rollin It's a good thing I wasn't drinking beer when I read this because it would have come spewing out of my nose. This is rich. LOL!

Tiger Tim, you are my favorite Tiger troll to show up lately. You've got some good material.

I don't think Bo has any eligibility left. He will have to let the team win this one on their own it appears.

Tim, you do realize your wins, except last year, have come with our worst coach ever at the helm? Additionally, said coach(es) also managed to stick it to Boogy boy in Lincoln.

If anyone is teetering on the edge of irrelevance, it is Mizz. You are a lot closer to where you came from than we are to losing our place in CFB. These next 3 losses will test your mettle(and yes, I expect kudos for proper spelling and context).

Bo really needs to prove his approach is working and not let MU go 2-0 on him. It is huge recuiting deal and the inside track to the North Championship!

Bo has to show that he more than the reincarnation of Pepper Rodgers!

BO NEEDED to beat Virginia Tech. Thanks to some very bad decisions he blew that game. Sorry but I call "em like I see "em...

I agree RedGixxer, & ultimately Pelini has no one to blame for that loss but himself. When its 4th & 1 - and getting 1 yard will win the football game, you go for the win. Thats football & that was a pu&&y ass move by Pelini.

However, I feel the season is still redeemable. I think we can go 11-1, but right now my #1 concern is beating Missouri

It could be argued that the Tigers have more pressure on them to win this game. Missouri needs to find a way to win the Big 12 title, something they haven't come close to doing. A win over Nebraska would be a major step toward getting that chance. A loss to Nebraska might be a signal that whatever gap the Tigers enjoyed the past few years is now gone, and they don't have a title to show for it.