SI Mandel showing some love

Underrated: Nebraska (AP: No. 21. Coaches: No. 22).

The 3-1 Huskers' resume is admittedly light: All they have are three lopsided wins over Sun Belt foes. But I know this much: On Sept. 19, I watched Nebraska play Virginia Tech toe-to-toe in Blacksburg before falling at the last second. The Hokies are currently ranked fifth. Miami -- whom Virginia Tech walloped last week -- is 11th. Something tells me the Huskers are closer to their class.

He finally sees the light!! :clap

Stewart has a long resume of chatting on local Husker radio shows. He's fielded a ton of questions from Husker fans over the years (including one of mine) in his Mailbag, and in general he's always been pretty cool toward us.

Again - we haven't done anything to garner much national attention. Stewie Mandel is in the business of selling newspapers... errrrr... web clicks, so he's going to write most about a bunch of teams that are making national headlines. Lately, our only headlines have been blowout losses.

CNN/SI as a whole is aware of us. They've got this "playoff bracket" thing going where their staff votes on the 16 best teams in the nation right now, creating a "what if" playoff bracket. It's ostensibly a Power Ranking of the top 16 teams in the nation as voted on by their sports writing staff.

Currently Nebraska is #16 in their ranking, slated to "play" Alabama (their #1) in the playoffs.

If Suh has a good game, we can take 'em. ;)