48 hours from know the Huskers will be able to...

I cannot figure this game out at all. On one hand Nebraska has looked good and came within a point on the road to almost beat the media's flavor of the week team in Virginia Tech even though the offense wasn't all that impressive. I was high on Missouri after week one when they took it to Illinois but since then my impression of Illinois is "I wish the Buffs were playing them" so I am not convinced by the Tigers that they are every bit as strong as they have been in recent years. Now I know much has been made about playing this game at night in Columbia and I know the Tiger fans will be in rare form for their hated Huskers. Virginia Tech fans can be every bit as loud and crazy and it didn't seem to faze Nebraska at all. I think this situation will be different because it is a night game and it gives the Tiger faithfull all day to get charged up and make it obnoxiously loud there. I like NU's defense and their kicker if the game is close. So to me it boils down to the rythim of the game so here is my prediction all though not a good one:

If the game is a battle of field posistion and defense then I go with the Huskers with Suh controlling the line of scrimmage and Henry with a game winner.

If the game is a track meet, then I think the crowd takes over late and the Tigers win.

I know it isn't much to hang your hat on but I think we can get a clear picture halfway through the 1st quarter of the style of the game at hand. Good luck tonight TO_Bull!!!

I cannot figure this game out at all. On one hand Nebraska has looked good and came within a point on the road to almost beat the media's flavor of the week team in Virginia Tech even though the offense wasn't all that impressive. I was high on Missouri after week one when they took it to Illinois but since then my impression of Illinois is "I wish the Buffs were playing them" so I am not convinced by the Tigers that they are every bit as strong as they have been in recent years. Now I know much has been made about playing this game at night in Columbia and I know the Tiger fans will be in rare form for their hated Huskers. Virginia Tech fans can be every bit as loud and crazy and it didn't seem to faze Nebraska at all. I think this situation will be different because it is a night game and it gives the Tiger faithfull all day to get charged up and make it obnoxiously loud there. I like NU's defense and their kicker if the game is close. So to me it boils down to the rythim of the game so here is my prediction all though not a good one:

If the game is a battle of field posistion and defense then I go with the Huskers with Suh controlling the line of scrimmage and Henry with a game winner.

If the game is a track meet, then I think the crowd takes over late and the Tigers win.

I know it isn't much to hang your hat on but I think we can get a clear picture halfway through the 1st quarter of the style of the game at hand. Good luck tonight TO_Bull!!!

that's exactly what i have bee thinking, because we have only seen one team play against an upper level team. That team is Nebraska, but Lee didn't do to well in his first road start hopefully he can get it together and this game will be very close

Thanks BB I can't say I'm not a bit worried about this one considering the setting for the game. Weather could be a factor too. I've never been a big fan of Thursday night games, for me 2:30 on Saturday afternoon is ideal. With the game starting at 8:00 CST I'll have to get a nap Thurs. afternoon cause this will certainly go on long after my bed time. :lol::lol::lol:

Good to see your guys pick up a win, good luck this weekend.

T_O_B

:lol::nanalama:lol:

Thanks BB I can't say I'm not a bit worried about this one considering the setting for the game. Weather could be a factor too. I've never been a big fan of Thursday night games, for me 2:30 on Saturday afternoon is ideal. With the game starting at 8:00 CST I'll have to get a nap Thurs. afternoon cause this will certainly go on long after my bed time. :lol::lol::lol:

Good to see your guys pick up a win, good luck this weekend.

T_O_B

:lol::nanalama:lol:

It's ok, we are still undefeated on Saturdays w00t!!!!