FIRST HALF PLAY CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boxosoap:restore:boxosoap I just don't understand not running on a poor run defense!!!!!!!!!! On top of not covering a QB draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean for the #1 run defense and all!!Unaceptable for a B12 championship!!!!!!!!!! :boxosoap

100 percent agreed. I don't understand not running the ball more, especially in that kind of weather. I hope Zac learns A LOT from this game, but I blame Watson once again. That was the worst play calling I have ever seen. I know I will probably get a lot of comments for saying that, but it is what is. I have to wonder if Helu might have actually been sick though...could be why we called the plays we did. I have to also give credit to Missouri, because they were playing to stop the run and they made Lee beat them. Smart move by them with a first time starter at QB. The defensive calls on our side were pretty good though. I have no problems with the way our D played. The offensive has really gotta step it up though and Watson needs to do a better job of calling plays to attack the weaknesses of the defense.

My hopes were that our offense take a big step forward in controlling the game early, but instead we took a small step forward by taking control of that game in the last quarter.

So yes, we made progress. But we still have a LONNNNNG way to go.

I really dont understand it at all. We threw the ball like 21 times in the first half and ran it like 7 times. Everytime we threw was out of the shotgun and everytime we ran was out of a single back under center set. Not to mention everytime we ran it, with the exception of the first series, was off tackle bull.

Finally when we lined up in POWER formations, two tight ends, I formations....THE NEBRASKA FORMATIONS OF OLD....and we started moving the ball easily.

Either Watson is so bullheaded that he just wants to throw the ball or he is truly a moron.

:boxosoap:restore:boxosoap I just don't understand not running on a poor run defense!!!!!!!!!! On top of not covering a QB draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean for the #1 run defense and all!!Unaceptable for a B12 championship!!!!!!!!!! :boxosoap

100 percent agreed. I don't understand not running the ball more, especially in that kind of weather. I hope Zac learns A LOT from this game, but I blame Watson once again. That was the worst play calling I have ever seen. I know I will probably get a lot of comments for saying that, but it is what is. I have to wonder if Helu might have actually been sick though...could be why we called the plays we did. I have to also give credit to Missouri, because they were playing to stop the run and they made Lee beat them. Smart move by them with a first time starter at QB. The defensive calls on our side were pretty good though. I have no problems with the way our D played. The offensive has really gotta step it up though and Watson needs to do a better job of calling plays to attack the weaknesses of the defense.

Completely agree.... we needed to run it more and when we did run it we did alot of zones and sideline to sideline.. i think we needed more smash mouth running game going north and south..

Also agree that Helu's sickness may have been a cause seeing that my boy "Sexy Rexy" Burkhead got a lot of PT tonight!!!

Watson needs to find himself a HC job and Cotton needs to go with him.........

FINALLY someone else sees it the way I do. Ive been saying this from the beginning. We are no different than when Billy C was here with Watson at the helm....we just have a great defense now. If we could get an offensive coordinator who was good it could be scary.

I really don't think so. Our O-line wasn't doing well, and when that happens the whole offense gets affected. With the rain what it was, the passing game was going to take a hit and we saw this on both sides.

We're lucky to have Watson and it's just shocking how people are willing to throw him under the bus.

Life would be a LOT worse without him.

I really don't think so. Our O-line wasn't doing well, and when that happens the whole offense gets affected. With the rain what it was, the passing game was going to take a hit and we saw this on both sides.

We're lucky to have Watson and it's just shocking how people are willing to throw him under the bus.

Life would be a LOT worse without him.

Why keep running/throwing short passes to the outside, against all that speed? That's all Mizzou had going for them, and we played right into it the whole time.