FIRST HALF PLAY CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking the play calling was half of the problem. I'm wondering if Zac Lee's mental capacity is more like a kicker than a quaterback. Seems like kind of a head case, when the goings bad, you really see it from him. You get a spark like the Niles Paul touchdown and he's rolling. I'm not saying his potential isn't outstanding but he needs to bench his brain, buckle down and play the game, like he did after that spark in the 4th quarter.

:boxosoap:restore:boxosoap I just don't understand not running on a poor run defense!!!!!!!!!! On top of not covering a QB draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!I mean for the #1 run defense and all!!Unaceptable for a B12 championship!!!!!!!!!! :boxosoap

I think the qb draw was a bust on defense. Bo said at the half that they had a blitz called, and the guy didn't go. He also said something like, "if he goes on the blitz, we hit em in the backfield". So I think they called the right play on d, but had a bust.

But I agree, play calling the first half was miserable. I about went to bed.

I'm generally pretty happy with Watson, but that was ugly. With the aggressive way Missouri's backers were attacking the line of scrimage, why not some play action instead of straight drop back. With the backers at the line, it would have been fairly simple then to slip the tight ends into that vacated area(although I'm not sure we could have gotten the ball to a wide open reciever in that first half).

I don't think Wats is completely to blame. Helu was sick so we couldn't commit to the run as much as we liked, and our O has no personality. When you think of the good O's around the country they have a personality, a certain swagger to them.

What we need is a LEADER ON OFFENSE and no one has been willing to step up to the plate (except Suh when he pulled Lee to the side). Wats can only do so much until someone emerges.

God, this #@#$ is just disgusting. NU played and won the game. Granted there was some strange playcalling but I have faith in Watson to get it done.

MU was putting 8 in the box and that was stuffing our running game for the majority of the game, as Lee was off the first few quarters.

Quit calling for peoples heads NU fans. God damn.

I would have to disagree they weren't stuffing the run. The run plays called were lousy, any team could have stopped them. EVEN THE ANNOUNCERS WERE SAYING THEY SHOULD RUN ON FIRST DOWN INSTEAD OF PASSING, HE EVEN REITERATED RUNNING THE BALL

It felt like they were afraid that someone would fumble in the rain.

I thought the option gain was pretty good. But running on the outsides and letting the playmakers make plays would have been nice. Short 5-7 yard plays to open the passing game. WEAR THEM DOWN!!!

Yes we won, yes it was in the rain, but you don't change the playcalling because of the weather!

If we would have lost, there would have been outrage against Wats.

This should have been a blowout rain or shine! :bounce

I wonder how often Lee audibled away from a running play when he saw a blitz coming. This might be a big reason why we kept running the same play over and over again. I don't think this should get heaped on Watson.

I agree. Our early attempts at running up the middle did not work. There were quite a few audibles, or at least it looked like Lee was changing the play often. Speed rushing to the sidelines worked somewhat, but we didn't seem to have any variety to the sideline rushes. Maybe more misdirection?