Was he down??

Trying to be as unbiased as possible I would say that yes he was down, however I'm not sure it was enough to overturn the initial call.

That, however, does not compare at all to the calls made that gave missouri their field goal: First the hands to the face, the horsecollar, the obvious holding not called, and then the receiver who was out of bounds.

...Wow, the big XII should give those refs a talking to.

Missouri could have put in another 10,000 seats with all the money the boosters gave those refs.

:)

What? No, my understanding is they review the whole play. That's how it works in the NFL, at least. I don't know if it works differently here.

And really, I doubt they were reviewing the fumble. You overturn it, it's still a touchdown.

Both reviews were very, very close, by the way. Basically, I think it would have gone whichever way it was called on the field. Not enough evidence to solidly reverse.

Unless I was mistaken it wasn't even reviewed. They reviewed the play in the booth but that was a review of the fumble, there's a rule somewhere where official reviews look for one specific thing and can't deviate even if they find another error.

I'm never 'positive' on anything....but pretty sure they were checking if his knee was down before the line. And as stated...they recovered in the endzone so that wasn't the issue.

Now...lets start the discussion on reviewing penalties!!!!

Unless I was mistaken it wasn't even reviewed. They reviewed the play in the booth but that was a review of the fumble, there's a rule somewhere where official reviews look for one specific thing and can't deviate even if they find another error.

That is only the case if a play is challenged, not if it is simply reviewed without a challenge. Keep in mind, every play is reviewed. They stop the game if it can be potentially overturned.

there was no angle that showed conclusively that the call should be overturned.

Yes there was. I just watched in on the DVR a few times in slo-mo. The knee touched when the nose of the ball was about three inches shy of the goalline. The announcers demonstrated it as well. You could see the ball right when the knee touched.