Nightmare in Missouri

Twodocs

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=11291230

"Husker Fan Attacked By Missouri Police After Game

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:41 PM CDT

Independence, MO - Kristy Powell can't believe what happened to her during and after the Huskers beat the Missouri Tigers football team. Powell is from Omaha but now lives with her family in Independence, MO and claims she got battered and bruised at the hands of Independence police officers. It happened at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant while Powell and her family were watching the game. They started cheering after a Husker touchdown and a Tiger fan didn't like it and started cursing at them telling them to shut up. Powell responded. "I said watch your mouth my kids are here....he said I don't care I'm a police officer I can say what I want to say," said Powell.

That's when she says a different officer approached her then slammed her up against the wall while putting hand cuffs on her. Powell tells Action 3 News she fully cooperated and doesn't know why the officer acted the way he did. She says another officer pushed her face against the exit door of the bar... then slammed her against the trunk of the squad car before arresting her and taking her to jail. Powell said it was a nightmare and now she's filing a complaint against the Independence Police Officers who hurt here.

Independence Police officers would not comment on Powell's case but says because of the nature of the complaint it will be investigated by internal affairs."

Powell was charged with resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. Powell says she would resist an officer and would never disrespect one especially since her father is a retired Omaha Police Officer.

Reported by Devon Patton, devon@action3news.com" :wtf:steam:cop::o:madash

The problem with stories like this is, they never ever have all the details. Sure, this looks bad right now, but the amount of detail we have is minuscule for what all went on, what all was said, etc.

It's best not to pass judgment before we have more facts here. This is a bare bones story.

That's just wrong. And I hope this guy gets suspended or gets put on Leave, what an irrogant man. He thinks he's above the law..

F*ck that. The as$hole should be fired and prosecuted. Then she should turn right around and file suit on him and the PD and everyone that she can end this bullsh*t.

Another reason to hate Missouri.