Nightmare in Missouri

Twodocs

Trust me. There's a Paul Harvey coming.

I am sure the Husker fan and her children provoked this arrest. Nebraska fans with children always looking to assault some man while mom is rooting, cheering the Huskers with her kids. Good thing two men got her cuffed and arrested. Hope they got a gag on her too!

The rest of the story are you kidding me what logic system are you using. Do you also insist that trhe KMTV reporter was duped? :wtf

Are you serious? :rollin:nutz:cop::boxosoap

Trust me. There's a Paul Harvey coming.

I am sure the Husker fan and her children provoked this arrest. Nebraska fans with children always looking to assault some man while mom is rooting, cheering the Huskers with her kids. Good thing two men got her cuffed and arrested. Hope they got a gag on her too!

The rest of the story are you kidding me what logic system are you using. Do you also insist that trhe KMTV reporter was duped?

Are you serious?

Dead serious. I work in the legal world. I hear stories like this every single day on my job. Turns out, there's always more to the story than what we're hearing. Notice the cops haven't released a statement? You don't think their version of events is different?

You've got four paragraphs that discuss a situation that took probably 15-20 minutes to unfold, and you don't have any input here from the cops or other patrons. There's more to this story than just 200 words in some news blurb.

I am NOT absolving the cops. I'm just saying there's more here than what we know, and this rushing off to judge the cops is unsupported by the facts we have.

This ain't my first time hearing a story like this. Let's just leave it at that.

I dont know if you guys actually watched the video, but it seems pretty real as to what happened. Im gonna keep my ears open to see what comes out of this later on.

But truthfully, take away the Huskers and Tigers from this incident, let it be for some other team or another sport, and its still wrong.

I mean for a woman to be slammed, thrown, pushed, whatever against a wall, the glass door, trunk of a squad car. C'mon, i dont think that was really necessary. Nor was it necessary for the officer to make the comment that im a police officer i do whatever the hell i want.

I dont wanna live in a town where the police think they can do whatever they want.

Now i will wait for the guy who comes along and starts posting police brutality videos from youtube. :)

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=11291230

"Husker Fan Attacked By Missouri Police After Game

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:41 PM CDT

Independence, MO - Kristy Powell can't believe what happened to her during and after the Huskers beat the Missouri Tigers football team. Powell is from Omaha but now lives with her family in Independence, MO and claims she got battered and bruised at the hands of Independence police officers. It happened at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant while Powell and her family were watching the game. They started cheering after a Husker touchdown and a Tiger fan didn't like it and started cursing at them telling them to shut up. Powell responded. "I said watch your mouth my kids are here....he said I don't care I'm a police officer I can say what I want to say," said Powell.

That's when she says a different officer approached her then slammed her up against the wall while putting hand cuffs on her. Powell tells Action 3 News she fully cooperated and doesn't know why the officer acted the way he did. She says another officer pushed her face against the exit door of the bar... then slammed her against the trunk of the squad car before arresting her and taking her to jail. Powell said it was a nightmare and now she's filing a complaint against the Independence Police Officers who hurt here.

Independence Police officers would not comment on Powell's case but says because of the nature of the complaint it will be investigated by internal affairs."

Powell was charged with resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. Powell says she would resist an officer and would never disrespect one especially since her father is a retired Omaha Police Officer.

Reported by Devon Patton, devon@action3news.com" :wtf:steam:cop::o:madash

HI, I'M DEVON PATTON, ACTION 3 NEWS!

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=11291230

"Husker Fan Attacked By Missouri Police After Game

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:41 PM CDT

Independence, MO - Kristy Powell can't believe what happened to her during and after the Huskers beat the Missouri Tigers football team. Powell is from Omaha but now lives with her family in Independence, MO and claims she got battered and bruised at the hands of Independence police officers. It happened at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant while Powell and her family were watching the game. They started cheering after a Husker touchdown and a Tiger fan didn't like it and started cursing at them telling them to shut up. Powell responded. "I said watch your mouth my kids are here....he said I don't care I'm a police officer I can say what I want to say," said Powell.

That's when she says a different officer approached her then slammed her up against the wall while putting hand cuffs on her. Powell tells Action 3 News she fully cooperated and doesn't know why the officer acted the way he did. She says another officer pushed her face against the exit door of the bar... then slammed her against the trunk of the squad car before arresting her and taking her to jail. Powell said it was a nightmare and now she's filing a complaint against the Independence Police Officers who hurt here.

Independence Police officers would not comment on Powell's case but says because of the nature of the complaint it will be investigated by internal affairs."

Powell was charged with resisting arrest and disturbing the peace. Powell says she would resist an officer and would never disrespect one especially since her father is a retired Omaha Police Officer.

Reported by Devon Patton, devon@action3news.com" :wtf:steam:cop::o:madash

HI, I'M DEVON PATTON, ACTION 3 NEWS!

hi mike'l

Like N.W.A. said, f#*k THE POLICE!!!! They act like they do good but its all just smoke and mirrors. These cops are just on a power trip and love being the bully. I'm not saying all cops are crooked but I would guess theres a good majority. Just what exactly do they do with the drugs they confiscate??? I know thats off topic but this is a disgrace. Some stupid Mizzou cop on an ego trip, they all know its wrong, but they'll never admit it cause it would hurt their departments image. They were just depressed cause they found out their football team has no future.

The mother claims the incident started when the Huskers scored a touchdown. I think the first Husker TD happened around 10:45PM. In my experience, I'm just not used to seeing a women with her children in a bar that late. Is this typical in Nebraska, because it seems like no one is batting an eye to this fact? I'm not being facetious, but really just don't understand how you can't at a minimum question the judgement of a mother who has her kids out that late in a drinking establishment on a school night.

The mother claims the incident started when the Huskers scored a touchdown. I think the first Husker TD happened around 10:45PM. In my experience, I'm just not used to seeing a women with her children in a bar that late. Is this typical in Nebraska, because it seems like no one is batting an eye to this fact? I'm not being facetious, but really just don't understand how you can't at a minimum question the judgement of a mother who has her kids out that late in a drinking establishment on a school night.

No offense, but Bdubbs is every bit a restaurant that it is a bar....Maybe the family can't afford cable but wanted to watch the game? I would have no problem with people watching a football game at Buffalo Wild Wings with their kids at 11 pm... It's not like they are in an establishment that actually gets the majority of its sales from alcohol... Bdubbs isn't even close to that Saying that they were in a "drinking establishment" would be the same as saying that it's wrong to have your kids in a bowling alley at that time....

Seems awfully possible it happened the way she states it in my mind. I wonder if there will be any cam footage given to the press to see what exactly happened. My dad is a retired police officer so I know what she means when she says she would never disrespect a cop. Certain people should not be cops, they get some form of power over others and give cops like my dad a bad name.

I'm thinking as we see more information there might just be a certain 2 cops losing their jobs.

Like N.W.A. said, f#*k THE POLICE!!!! They act like they do good but its all just smoke and mirrors. These cops are just on a power trip and love being the bully. I'm not saying all cops are crooked but I would guess theres a good majority. Just what exactly do they do with the drugs they confiscate??? I know thats off topic but this is a disgrace. Some stupid Mizzou cop on an ego trip, they all know its wrong, but they'll never admit it cause it would hurt their departments image. They were just depressed cause they found out their football team has no future.

Give me a break!? :wacko: