Potts or Sheffield? Or does it matter?

JTrain

I don't care if Kansas State isn't very good, Sheffield's numbers were unreal. If Potts isn't 100% ready than I'm guess we see Sheffield. It's going to be a huge challenge either way, although the emergence of our dime defense and Gomes as a solid corner are very timely and encouraging signs going into this game. I assume we'll go with the dime and four-man line again.

On the other side, Tech's defense seems to be pretty legit this year. They held up pretty well at Texas. It'll be interesting to see Lee's first real home game. We'll see if his woes had more to do with playing on the road or playing real defenses.

I agree that the numbers do show that he is a competent QB, however KState is in the top 5 for worst teams in the NCAA.

I think Sheffield will become very good friends with our front 4 by the end of the game. Our offense will produce more than Vtech and Mizz, but will still struggle. I see them scoring around 17-20 points. Our D should keep them in check, especially with a predictable offense like Tech's. Our Dime package has been very successful this year.

I think the reason we win this is Home field and Defense.

20-17

I don't care if Kansas State isn't very good, Sheffield's numbers were unreal. If Potts isn't 100% ready than I'm guess we see Sheffield. It's going to be a huge challenge either way, although the emergence of our dime defense and Gomes as a solid corner are very timely and encouraging signs going into this game. I assume we'll go with the dime and four-man line again.

On the other side, Tech's defense seems to be pretty legit this year. They held up pretty well at Texas. It'll be interesting to see Lee's first real home game. We'll see if his woes had more to do with playing on the road or playing real defenses.

Is TT defense legit or is UT's offense not as good as advertised. take away 21 points for punt return, blocked punt and int against sCUm and it is a different story

Is TT defense legit or is UT's offense not as good as advertised. take away 21 points for punt return, blocked punt and int against sCUm and it is a different story

I'm not totally sold on TTechs defense. New Mexico had somewhat good success running the ball in Lubbock.

I don't think it matters. People are putting way too much hype on their shellacking of KState.

Yeah they put up 66 points and their backup threw for 7 TD's against the Mildcats... but remember we beat a team 55-0 without even trying that the week before had just BEAT KState.

And there is no way anyone tells me that Tech's D is even close to ours.

I don't think it matters. People are putting way too much hype on their shellacking of KState.

Yeah they put up 66 points and their backup threw for 7 TD's against the Mildcats... but remember we beat a team 55-0 without even trying that the week before had just BEAT KState.

And there is no way anyone tells me that Tech's D is even close to ours.

:yeah

I don't think it matters.

Both TT qbs are good.

as far as which defense is best?

all depends on individual matchups. (like always).

but we'll know how TT D and NU O match up this week.

I'm more concerned with TT O and NU D.

if it becomes a track meet.

TT wins that contest.

if the NU D can contain the TT passing game.

... nu wins.

nothing like stating the obvious.