Early line: Nebraska -6.5

JTrain

Surprised me a bit. I understand Texas Tech is unranked and the game is in Lincoln, but Tech played pretty well against #2 Texas, only losing by 10 in Austin. I personally see this as a very scary game, and I hope none of our players buy into us being the clearly superior team. At this point I don't have any confidence in our offense to consistently score against a solid defense. Hopefully Lee will finally get his mind right. We're 5-0 against the spread, but I think this one will be tough.

This game will either be a blow out for us, or we will blow it and lose by less than a touchdown. Lee better bring his best game. I have confidence that the defense will handle their offense pretty well...though I believe they will have a few big plays on us. I get to go to this game, scored a ticket on the 50, and they have never lost when I have been in attendance. But Vegas didn't know that until now.

Surprised me a bit. I understand Texas Tech is unranked and the game is in Lincoln, but Tech played pretty well against #2 Texas, only losing by 10 in Austin. I personally see this as a very scary game, and I hope none of our players buy into us being the clearly superior team. At this point I don't have any confidence in our offense to consistently score against a solid defense. Hopefully Lee will finally get his mind right. We're 5-0 against the spread, but I think this one will be tough.

Will be really interesting to see if Lee can play like he has at home or if its just going up against good teams that rattle him, home or on the road. I thought he was the right starter at q/b, now not so sure. Of course the coaches we may not have a lot of options now. Witt gone, Spano hurt, Cody not ready.

GBR!!!

there is no way i'd ever imagine betting on this game. i bet even the oddsmakers are just throwing out that number. are we a better team? yes. but, ttech puts up some major points and can play with or beat teams that are more talented than them.

To preface this post quickly I would like to point out I am not a delusional kool-aid drinking Husker fan.

With that thought in mind, I truly believe the Huskers will roll Tech this weekend. This game has snowball blowout victory written all over it.

I firmly expect Tech to come in, struggle with pass protection, and thus turn the football over. That mixed with a jacked up crowd will lead to a woodshed beating.

Texas Tech is going to get what's been coming to them for a long time.

This game concerns me. Still not sold on our pass defense. Plus tech's backup qb is more mobile than Potts. That could be the difference. Missouri was limited in their passing attack due to weather and I believe that also had something to do with all the holding penalties on both sides (easier to attack in the rain then backpeddle). I also feel rolling up Gabbert's ankle in the second series had an impact.

I think our offense can get rolling on these guys but I think we'll still give up our share of short passes that move the chains. This game's a toss up to me.

I do feel like we win this one and nobody will catch us in the North. I can see KU losing to TT, OU, and Texas (maybe missouri and colorado...yes I know...) Missouri has to have us lose an extra game to catch us but they have to beat Oklahoma st and Texas. Drop one of those and we would have to lose 3 times. (OU, CU, KU would be the best possibility of that and I'm only concerned with OU)

This game concerns me. Still not sold on our pass defense. Plus tech's backup qb is more mobile than Potts. That could be the difference. Missouri was limited in their passing attack due to weather and I believe that also had something to do with all the holding penalties on both sides (easier to attack in the rain then backpeddle). I also feel rolling up Gabbert's ankle in the second series had an impact.

I think our offense can get rolling on these guys but I think we'll still give up our share of short passes that move the chains. This game's a toss up to me.

I do feel like we win this one and nobody will catch us in the North. I can see KU losing to TT, OU, and Texas (maybe missouri and colorado...yes I know...) Missouri has to have us lose an extra game to catch us but they have to beat Oklahoma st and Texas. Drop one of those and we would have to lose 3 times. (OU, CU, KU would be the best possibility of that and I'm only concerned with OU)

Lol. Still not sold on our pass defense? We have truly been a snakebitten fan base. There is no doubt about that.

And can you or anyone please explain to me how NU getting to Gabbert, and hurting him had anything to do with the weather?

Sure Gabbert getting hurt helped the Huskers, but it's not like he was hurt by a random sniper taking out his ankle from the Press Box. He was hurt because NU's D-line gave the Mizzou o-line serious match up problems.

Um actually Gabbert ran for a first down their first series so he wasn't able to do that later on.

And snakebitten....are we going to proclaim missouri's defense as amazing because they shut down our offense. Our first score we earned it but had a big play with a breakdown in coverage and our next two scores came from short fields. So unless we're ready to say that the missouri D is pretty good, we better hold judgement on our pass defense. If you can't see the rain affected both offenses, then I don't have anything else to say.

I'm just being realistic. I'm optimistic about this game against Tech. I expect us to win. But I don't see a blowout. Anything can happen.

Um actually Gabbert ran for a first down their first series so he wasn't able to do that later on.

And snakebitten....are we going to proclaim missouri's defense as amazing because they shut down our offense. Our first score we earned it but had a big play with a breakdown in coverage and our next two scores came from short fields. So unless we're ready to say that the missouri D is pretty good, we better hold judgement on our pass defense. If you can't see the rain affected both offenses, then I don't have anything else to say.

I'm just being realistic. I'm optimistic about this game against Tech. I expect us to win. But I don't see a blowout. Anything can happen.

No Shiite about Gabbert being more effective with a healthy ankle. But he doesn't hurt his ankle if he's not having to elude Suh and the rest of the NU D-line. The weather had nothing to do with Gabbert coming up gimpy.

The jury is not still out on the Husker pass defense. They could still definitely have some mental and communication break downs, but athletically and fundamentally, NU will match up with any passing game in the country.

Go look what Rusty Smith has done since facing Nebraska. Check out what the QB for Arkansas State did against Iowa. Gabbert has been nothing short of amazing this season. I think you'll also see Tech have their most struggles of the season this weekend.

Complain about the NU offense, our pass defense and defense as a whole is fine and bordering on elite.

Thought you were saying the injury had no effect on the game cause that was my point that it did. Guess there's no difference of opinion there.

Apparently we feel the same way because you say bordering on elite. That's what I'm talking about. I have lofty expectations. When I say the jury is still out on the pass defense I'm talking about Elite. I agree they're fine and the defense as a whole is very very good. Unquestionably the strength of the team and I don't think there's a better one in the conference.

I'm thrilled about how our defense is playing. We'll see if Bo hands out the blackshirts this week.

Sheffield played the game of his life against Kansas State-well enough to not only unseat the injured starter, but to become a team captain within 24 hours. Earlier in the season, I guess he didn't look that good vs. New Mexico.

Nobody really knows what to expect, but he has their hopes sky high right now.

(Neb now -7 and ticking upward)