JUCO S Ashley Palmer

This is the recruit i was referring to about committing. Like i said earlier, i don't know how many people were going to be excited about the pickup since he's a JUCO prospect and some people think we are becoming Kansas St all over again with all these JUCO's. Plus the fact he's a 3 star prospect and not a 4 star DB where some people are hoping we land Greg Davis, A.J Wallace and Jonas Mouton.

In my opinion, he's a huge pickup who will see a huge amount of playing time next year. The kid is fast, hits like a bulldozer and doesn't get beat.

This is the recruit i was referring to about committing. Like i said earlier, i don't know how many people were going to be excited about the pickup since he's a JUCO prospect and some people think we are becoming Kansas St all over again with all these JUCO's. Plus the fact he's a 3 star prospect and not a 4 star DB where some people are hoping we land Greg Davis, A.J Wallace and Jonas Mouton.

In my opinion, he's a huge pickup who will see a huge amount of playing time next year. The kid is fast, hits like a bulldozer and doesn't get beat.

nameless he is a 3 for 3 guy and also he can get here in jan. so I think that is a plus get spring time to practice. I would think after the pipeline is built a little bit you won;t see alot of jucos taken. Also I would hope they go for a highschool saftie and a highschool DB maybe Davis and wallace. GBR

Visit Date: December 9, 2005

Scholarships offered: Arkansas St., Washington, Nebraska, California, Louisville, Wisconsin

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: NR/

Bid Red Report:JC/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: He will ned to contribute right away to be considered a success. He has three years to play three.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 95%

In my opinion, he's a huge pickup who will see a huge amount of playing time next year.

:yeah

NU needs DBs in the worst way.

Like i said earlier, i don't know how many people were going to be excited about the pickup since he's a JUCO prospect and some people think we are becoming Kansas St all over again with all these JUCO's.

:yeah Its kind of like Nebraska Community College :wtf 8 JUCOs already this year, and how many last year?? I thought that last year was a one time thing :blink: I can see getting JUCOs at DB or even Oline (hopefully highly rated) if needed, but LB, DE, DT, and RB, I just dont get it. Its a waste to give these guys schollys if NU is already deep at those positions. Giving out 8-12 JUCO schollys a year will not get NU back to the promised land.

This is the recruit i was referring to about committing.

:lame C'mon dude, this would hold more water if you would say it before the commit came through. :wacko: If you would say it before the word officially came out, I would pat you on the back, but this..... <_<

:yeah Its kind of like Nebraska Community College :wtf 8 JUCOs already this year, and how many last year?? I thought that last year was a one time thing :blink: I can see getting JUCOs at DB or even Oline (hopefully highly rated) if needed, but LB, DE, DT, and RB, I just dont get it. Its a waste to give these guys schollys if NU is already deep at those positions. Giving out 8-12 JUCO schollys a year will not get NU back to the promised land.

I thought there would be less this year as well, but the reality of the situation is that we need depth and we need it now, especially at certain positions. Juco's can provide this depth immediately, although like you say they are a risk. However, they are typically more physically mature and older, unlike a lot of HS players we bring in. I think it's a risk that should be taken.

Besides that, if a kid can play. Get him in here.

I expect us to continue to fill in holes with juco's until we have established good depth at all key positions. Take OL for example. Yea we took some Juco's but we also took DJ Jones and Ricky Henry.

THIS is a prospect that makes me salivate. 220 lbs, and runs a 4.4? Sick.

Put him at SS, and he can become our Roy Wiliams. An enforcer who punishes WRs and TEs who dare come over the middle, and the eighth man in the box to blow up the opposition's running game.

Let's hope he can pick up the defensive scheme quickly and contribute ASAP.

:bounce:restore2:bounce:restore2:bounce:restore2:bounce

I thought there would be less this year as well, but the reality of the situation is that we need depth and we need it now, especially at certain positions. Juco's can provide this depth immediately, although like you say they are a risk. However, they are typically more physically mature and older, unlike a lot of HS players we bring in. I think it's a risk that should be taken.

Besides that, if a kid can play. Get him in here.

I expect us to continue to fill in holes with juco's until we have established good depth at all key positions. Take OL for example. Yea we took some Juco's but we also took DJ Jones and Ricky Henry.

I guess my thinking is if most kids take a couple of years to get acclimated to the Div1 level, and it takes a year or two to get the schemes down, most JUCOs are at at the end of their eligibility, thus more of a risk of not "panning out."

I agree with getting the best athletes, but I would hope for more HS level guys.

hello, dave h is absolutely correct w/ his statement that NU is taking juco's to add depth, & NU should be 3 deep w/ quality kids at about every position next yr, & NU has to have that depth if they want to compete w/ the schedule that they have next yr - tx & usc (teams who are vying for this yrs natl championship)

In NU's last 2 seasons they were depleted w/ injuries, overworked players at certain positions, & lack of quality players - which helped NU w/ their late season losses (next yr that will not happen - since, NU will have rotation, rotation, & rotation at every needed position - & hopefully NU gets another dt, cb, s & wr w/ their last 3 schollies to add to that depth)

p.s. do not be surprised if 2 out of the 4 are jucos - purify & issac