Texas Tech game will leave no excuses for Lee

Zerotide

I'm sure there were plenty of goofs that turned it off and gave up though because they are quitters. There is always a chance until the clock says 00:00.

I turned it off. For about two minutes. Does that make me a quitter? Pretty odd statement, considering this team hasn't had a comeback like that in 40 years. I've known this team for nearly that long, and nothing I've seen, from team history in general to EggZacLee's performance through 45 minutes gave me any reason to believe we'd come back.

Yeah, I turned it back on. I support my team, and I was going to watch it through the bitter end, heart breaking for the defense who had played so damned well, and for Helu who was clearly not healthy but doing what he could, and for Lee and the WRs even though they were pissing me off, and for Watson even though I screamed "WHERE ARE THE TIGHT ENDS" about 10 times during the third quarter alone. I was going to watch for their sake, because I'm not a quitter and I'm not going to abandon my team, even though it kills me to watch them bumble around.

Sure, I was as giddy as Coach Ekeler when we came back. But even though we came back, even though we rewrote decades of history last Thursday, that doesn't absolve the situation that led up to the fourth quarter.

Something is clearly not right about our offense. Egg is part of the problem. He may also be part of the solution - who knows - but at this point, it's fair to say that something needs to change with this guy.

I think we are pretty much all of the same opinion if not really close. I do think if Lee threw a little bit better it would have freed up the run game against Mizzou. Lets just agree that he needs to step it up and if he doesn't then hope that Green is all that we dream he is. Don't forget that Watson picked Keller before Ganz!

Any other player playing at that poor a level has been yanked and replaced so far this year.

Mike Smith hasn't been replaced yet.

:yeah

Also, newearthhusker, I think we debated at length about Lee. Do you still think he is better than Ganz? Just curious.

Through the first 5 games of their careers I would say it is a push. I would like to know what Lee would be able to do with receivers that knew how to get open like Swift and Peterson did to help Ganz out a lot of the time.

Actually I was there and you can ask my buddy whom also is an avid Lee fan, a guy said behind me put Green in. I told and I quote "Watch and learn why you keep Lee in", all day every 3 TDS no picks? In a down pour? Performance in the clutch? ALL DAY

Well, if you say so... Can you tell me the winning powerball numbers for tomorrow night too?

Actually I was there and you can ask my buddy whom also is an avid Lee fan, a guy said behind me put Green in. I told and I quote "Watch and learn why you keep Lee in", all day every 3 TDS no picks? In a down pour? Performance in the clutch? ALL DAY

Well, if you say so... Can you tell me the winning powerball numbers for tomorrow night too?

I'd really like to get the hell out of Wisconsin before the cold weather hits :)

Any other player playing at that poor a level has been yanked and replaced so far this year.

Also, newearthhusker, I think we debated at length about Lee. Do you still think he is better than Ganz? Just curious.

The Ganz :leghump: returns... <_< So far this year Lee has made less bonehead plays then Ganz has... last year Ganz was the only option and he was good not great as some people think. Not hating on the guy, good career at the D1 level, thanks for playing and good luck, but I am glad that this is a new year and time to MOVE ON! This Lee/Green debate is getting close to Crouch/Newcombe and I remember how everyone hated the little whiny kid from Omaha. I apologize if this gets anyone ticked but :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh Lee is our QB, he has played 5 games! Let's give him support and see how he does!

Listening to Unsportsmanlike Conduct this afternoon, I thought they brought up an interesting point. Zac Taylor said that it wasn't until about halfway through his first season that things really started to click for him. Maybe it will be the same for Lee. Now, you could argue that Lee has been in the system longer than Taylor was before he was a starter, but to this point in both of their first seasons the game experience is equal.

Maybe he'll have a break out game, so to speak, this week. I sure hope he does.

Pelini is trying to win games and he will hurt someone's feelings to do it. If the coaches feel that Green would do better, he will be inserted into the lineup. Lee isn't as bad as he's shown. He has thrown some great looking balls in the Sunbelt games that you don't throw just because the other team is from a lowly conference. But, if you remember he threw behind receiver's at the start of those games. The difference has been he calmed down in those games because we were virtual shoe-ins to win. He has failed to relax in the ''big games'' and it has hurt us. He either hit bottom at Missouri, got tired of his own crap, and finally rebounded, or he got lucky that time and we will see more struggles soon. I'm hoping the choking is over.

The Ganz :leghump: returns... <_< So far this year Lee has made less bonehead plays then Ganz has... last year Ganz was the only option and he was good not great as some people think. Not hating on the guy, good career at the D1 level, thanks for playing and good luck, but I am glad that this is a new year and time to MOVE ON! This Lee/Green debate is getting close to Crouch/Newcombe and I remember how everyone hated the little whiny kid from Omaha. I apologize if this gets anyone ticked but :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh Lee is our QB, he has played 5 games! Let's give him support and see how he does!

Who is leg humping? It was debated prior to the season and I thought that it'd be interesting to see how opinions have changed. My opinion certainly has . . . prior to the season, I thought that our offensive production would drop off significantly without Ganz. After a few Sun Belt teams it looked like there would be no drop off whatsoever. But then after one good program in Vatech and one decent program in Missouri I'm leaning more towards my initial prediction.

It's an honest question.

I'll also point out that newearthhusker made a point to show how Lee compared favorably to Ganz through a few games . . . but now I shouldn't comment when I think he isn't performing at that level? And if I do comment it's leg humping? Hmmm.

Who is leg humping? It was debated prior to the season and I thought that it'd be interesting to see how opinions have changed. My opinion certainly has . . . prior to the season, I thought that our offensive production would drop off significantly without Ganz. After a few Sun Belt teams it looked like there would be no drop off whatsoever. But then after one good program in Vatech and one decent program in Missouri I'm leaning more towards my initial prediction.

It's an honest question.

I'll also point out that newearthhusker made a point to show how Lee compared favorably to Ganz through a few games . . . but now I shouldn't comment when I think he isn't performing at that level? And if I do comment it's leg humping? Hmmm.

the leg humping was a general comment towards the comparison to Ganz and Lee. I don't understand why the need for comparison, and why all of the sudden Lee is getting thrown under the bus. I don't care if he has 150 yds per game the rest of the year, if we still win, why does it matter? There are 11 guys on offense and everyone points the finger at Lee... what about the O line and the receivers not playing up to their level? does he get blamed for that too? Just don't get the flaming on this team who is 4-1 and #15 in the nation, to some fans they will never be happy... nothing was directed towards you, Ganz is not my fav by a long shot, that's all.

I don't understand why the need for comparison, and why all of the sudden Lee is getting thrown under the bus. I don't care if he has 150 yds per game the rest of the year, if we still win, why does it matter?

This is a good point. I'd say the best answer to that is "comfort level." We ended up blowing Missouri out by 2+ scores last week, but through 80% of that game everyone was, at best, very uncomfortable about where the game was going. Lee could perform the rest of the season exactly the way he performed last Thursday and we could still win every single game. But that's a roller coaster ride I think most people would be glad not to take.

I don't understand why the need for comparison, and why all of the sudden Lee is getting thrown under the bus. I don't care if he has 150 yds per game the rest of the year, if we still win, why does it matter?

This is a good point. I'd say the best answer to that is "comfort level." We ended up blowing Missouri out by 2+ scores last week, but through 80% of that game everyone was, at best, very uncomfortable about where the game was going. Lee could perform the rest of the season exactly the way he performed last Thursday and we could still win every single game. But that's a roller coaster ride I think most people would be glad not to take.

Agreed, but really don't want to jump on the Green roller coaster yet either...

Wow.. Dude has only started 5 games. The weather was terrible, guys dropped a few catchable passes that could have been first downs & move the chains. Lee threw a perfect pass to Paul that got the Huskers right back into the game and the entire team went ape sh#t. He read that play perfectly. The TD to McNeil was a design for a late break and Lee hung in the pocket basically getting hit as he threw it which allowed the play to develop.. which made the TD look easy. If McNeil drops it, Lee gets another incomplete to his stat. Boo..Bench him. Amazing.. :dumdum

By the way, Gabbert went 17-43 134 yds 0 TDS and 2 INTs. That was b/c of a solid Husker defense, rain, and a wet ball. The same thing happened to Lee, except he did not throw any INTs. No pick six either. I doubt MU is thinking about benching him for someone else... or giving him room for no excuses.

Get behind Lee and have some patience & understanding. He is there to manage the offense, not be a Heisman or throw 4 TDs per game. In time, with more experience he will become more consistent. I still think he is better than we've had before (Dailey, Zach Taylor, Keller, Ganz) through their first 5 games. And its without the confidence of having Purify, Nunn, Swift, Pederson, etc out there. I believe in the dude. A lot.