chamrocck

Player: Jermauria Rasco

Hometown: Shreveport, LA

Position: DE

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 244 lbs.

40 time:

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Colorado, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Duke, UCLA, Stanford

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report:

Assessing the talent: One of the top DL recruits in the country for 2011. Recorded 26 sacks as a sophomore breaking record formerly held by Reggie White.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 10% Offer list has many top programs. Nebraska needs to continue to prove strength of our defense and play lights out with Suh and the gang this year and again next year. If the Blackshirts are back, then we can be in on many top defensive recruits. Time will tell.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rasco would be a HUGE get. After further research I found out that he broke the HS single season national sacks record long held by former NFL great, Reggie White. Rasco was only a sophomore when he broke it with 26 sacks. :o He has 43.5 career sacks going into his Senior year.

FYI, Rasco's HS team defeated current Husker DE commit Walker Ashburn's team in the '09 State Championship Finals. For those unaware, Ashburn as well as current Husker player, PJ Smith both played for John Curtis HS which is considered a traditional national powerhouse in football, so we can't question whether Rasco competes against tough competition or not because that's as tough as it gets down there in the Bayou state.

Dare I say this prospect is equal or better than Ronald Powell, Owa and Jackson Jeffcoat? Which is why it makes sense that Bo would personally pursue this kid's services. It's going to be a long year ahead, but it sounds like Bo is going to do whatever it takes to get this kid here. Go get 'em Coach!!

BTW, he's listed as a 5* with Scout and ranked #2 in the nation at his position.

Here are some brief 1-on-1 footages of Rasco.

Footage 1 @ the 2:16 and 3:12 mark.

Footage 2 @ the 1:59, 2:06 and 2:59 mark.

• Fire 2

Kid has the burst of a WR but the size of a DE. Cant tell by the film how well he uses leverage but I will tell you he has amazing feet and hands. I can definately see why HS OL have trouble blocking him, they cant get their hands into him. I cant come up with a comparison for him at all because in my 3 going on 4 years of really following recruiting I havent seen a kid with this type of combination of burst and use of hands. Hope Bo can reel him N.

• 2 weeks later...

it seems weird but i tlked to the kid on facebook.... and i was tlking to him about the recruiting and i asked him about nebraska and he said it was cold up there... then i asked him about bo pelini he said he was cool and stuff then i mentioned big suh and he said he loved what he did and wanted to face him..... he also said he has no favorites and doesnt plan on visiting any schools in the near future.....

:snacks: >>> Waits for this poor guy to get walloped by recruiting violation reprimands from fellow board members.

it seems weird but i tlked to the kid on facebook.... and i was tlking to him about the recruiting and i asked him about nebraska and he said it was cold up there... then i asked him about bo pelini he said he was cool and stuff then i mentioned big suh and he said he loved what he did and wanted to face him..... he also said he has no favorites and doesnt plan on visiting any schools in the near future.....

:snacks: >>> Waits for this poor guy to get walloped by recruiting violation reprimands from fellow board members.

Walloped? Poor guy? Internet stalking high school football players is creepy.

"Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff:

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska "

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/16811-message-from-the-nebraska-athletic-department-compliance-staff/

• Fire 1

Walloped? Poor guy? Internet stalking high school football players is creepy.

"Message from the Nebraska Athletic Department Compliance Staff:

On behalf of the University of Nebraska student-athletes, we are so thankful to have your support as we continue to build championship teams in every sport.

Because of the ease in which people communicate online with each other today, we thought an educational message is appropriate to clear up any confusion that exists about contacting recruits.

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one area that is completely straightforward is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of Nebraska has any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, e-mail, fax, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there are could be serious consequences such as:

The University of Nebraska would have an NCAA violation to report to the NCAA enforcement staff;

The recruit would become ineligible to participate in athletics at Nebraska, and before any of our coaches could continue to contact the recruit, we would have to rule him/her ineligible and then seek reinstatement through the NCAA office; and

The fan/booster/alumni involved could jeopardize their standing with the University of Nebraska athletic department.

We know that fans of Nebraska are the most dedicated and supportive in the country so please if you have any questions about NCAA rules, contact our office at anytime at 402.472.2042 or e-mail compliance@huskers.com

Thank you for helping Nebraska Athletics stand by our building blocks of TRADITION, TEAMWORK, and INTEGRITY.

Josh White

Director of Compliance

University of Nebraska "

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/16811-message-from-the-nebraska-athletic-department-compliance-staff/

I pm-ed the poster that put that information on here. He knows his mistake and he told me that he wouldnt do it again.