Why are we hitting the DE position so hard?

Are we going to convert some to DT?

After Allen leaves next year we would only have 3 scholarship DE's on the roster (Meredith, Ankrah, and Williams) if we didn't take any this year. Even now we are thin, if Allen or Turner were to go down we would have no rotation because it seems as though Williams is still learning and Ankrah is redshirting. I would hope that if Gabbert decommits we use that schollie for DE or DT's because we are still extremely thin in this area.

We definitely need to go heavy on DE this class. Rome will be a DT, maybe Ashburn or Ankrah too. Yancy is gone. We only took one DE last class.

What about converting Alonso Whaley or Dontravius Robinson to DE to get more quick athletes there? If not them, then others. The point being that even if we cannot score the DE we need, we do have the ability to make a DE from people currently at other positions. Whaley, in particular, is a reasonable candidate.

We definitely need to go heavy on DE this class. Rome will be a DT, maybe Ashburn or Ankrah too. Yancy is gone. We only took one DE last class.

What about converting Alonso Whaley or Dontravius Robinson to DE to get more quick athletes there? If not them, then others. The point being that even if we cannot score the DE we need, we do have the ability to make a DE from people currently at other positions. Whaley, in particular, is a reasonable candidate.

Yeah I was thinking the same about Whaley, though it looks like Robinson is at RB for good. Maybe Fisher grows into a DE role in a year or two?

Yeah I was thinking the same about Whaley, though it looks like Robinson is at RB for good. Maybe Fisher grows into a DE role in a year or two?

Agreed on Fisher too. He could be a fine De one would think.

Agreed on Fisher too. He could be a fine De one would think.

Leave Fisher. He will be a freak LB if he keeps his speed.

IMO Martin would make an easier transition to DE. He has the size. Fisher has height but also has a difficult time adding size, in one of the PPV's they said he eats over 6000 calories a day to little effect. Martin is already up to 245lbs and could likely carry at least 260 well.

Martin is only 6'2", not sure he quite fits into the DE spot. Of course I just looked and saw that Whaley is listed at 6'1", thought he was much taller than that. Micah Kreikemeier and Fisher are the only ones 6'3" or taller, Micah is 6'3" and Fisher is 6'6".

Martin is only 6'2", not sure he quite fits into the DE spot. Of course I just looked and saw that Whaley is listed at 6'1", thought he was much taller than that. Micah Kreikemeier and Fisher are the only ones 6'3" or taller, Micah is 6'3" and Fisher is 6'6".

Emerson Evans (signed 2009 DE prospect who didn't make it due to academics) was listed as 6'1" but he was a prospect at speed rushing DE.

Emerson Evans (signed 2009 DE prospect who didn't make it due to academics) was listed as 6'1" but he was a prospect at speed rushing DE.

Yeah and I remember a lot of speculation about where he would play, some said LB. I guess I just find it odd since it seems affecting the passing game at the LOS is a priority for the Pelinis.