Patrick Witt

Checking into the Ivy Leagues for a moment. Former Husker quarterback Patrick Witt is apparently no longer Yale's starting quarterback.

The quarterback from Wylie, Texas, learned that last week and then found out he was suspended from the Dartmouth game by his head coach, Tom Williams, for a "violation of team rules."

The violation, Witt told the Yale Daily News, was that he accidently slept through the team’s weekly Friday night meeting after studying for a midterm.

“I was doing some reading and I fell asleep on the couch, so I missed the meeting; and if that’s a violation of team rules then that’s pretty absurd,” Witt told the school newspaper. “I understand that we are all required to be at meetings, but it was a simple accident and it’s unfortunate that it happened, but don’t try to make it out to be that I was using illegal substances or something ridiculous like that. It was something that all Yale students can understand."

Witt began the season as Yale's starting quarterback, going 43-of-81 for two touchdowns and three interceptions. He was pulled late in the fourth game in favor of Brock Hart, who led the team on some scoring drives and was then named the starter in the days that followed.

No Ivy League education here, but my guess is calling out the head coach's decision as "pretty absurd" won't help Witt's cause.

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...le_at_yale.html

Witt is actually playing pretty well this season, however Hart is playing just a bit better. No matter who is playing QB in New Haven this year, the season will be long as the Bulldogs are lacking a whole lot of talent. Even by Ivy League terms.

And yes I know how average (2 - 2) the real Big Red of college football is playing this year. However homecoming is this weekend and Fordham is going down.

Does this attitude apply to everything he does? "I was doing some reading and I fell asleep on the couch, so I missed the interview; and if I don't get the job because of it, that's pretty absurd." I mean, what a jerk. Everything I read about this guy makes me happier and happier that he isn't a Husker anymore.

It's not the complaining here that gets me, it's the lack of personal responsibility. He knew they had a team meeting, he fell asleep, and he whines publicly that he thinks it's absurd yet he is the one at fault. This kid is a spoiled little beach and until he can take responsibility for himself he'll continue to be a little beach his whole life. Grow up kid, one day you have to become a man and you'll find out the hard way if all you do is blame others for your bullshite.

Saw him playing against Cornell earlier the year on Versus.. He was taller than any of his offensive lineman, while the RBs, LBs, WRs all seemed small, and the game looked similar to a High School prep game. Nice competition buddy.

As for his headline quotes, its is very :dumdum

Witt is actually playing pretty well this season, however Hart is playing just a bit better. No matter who is playing QB in New Haven this year, the season will be long as the Bulldogs are lacking a whole lot of talent. Even by Ivy League terms.

I looked up the stats when I saw this thread. Maybe they are misleading, but Hart looks to be playing a LOT better. And we wouldn't be happy if these were Witt's stats at NU.

Passing

Name G QBRat Att CompPct Yds Y/A Y/G TD Int Long Sack YdsL

Brook Hart 3 171.0 59 42 71.2 544 9.2 181.3 4 0 73 5 -34

Patrick Witt 3 96.0 94 50 53.2 456 4.9 152.0 3 4 28 9 -63