I'm nervous

This is a team whose defense will make our backup rb's look good. If there ever was an in-conference team to feel good about playing with dinged up rb's, TT would be up at the top of the list. I wouldn't sweat that part.

Zac is at home and playing in good conditions. As critical as people have been of him, just remember one thing: When he was down and out, he could have folded like a lawn chair, but this kid shook it off, came back and got it done under far less than ideal conditions. That's character folks. The kid just may have found himself on that rainy evening.

I think we're going to be serving notice to the South today. If you want to beat Nebraska in 2009, you'd better bring your A game, or you're going to get rolled like these bums just did. Why do you think our North adversaries' fans have been in such denial towards us? It is because they see the writing on the wall, and they can't stand the thought that they're going to have to once again return to the back seat. The sleeper has awakened.

I have faith that the Big Red will get the job done today. Come out and play with the fire and passion. Can't overlook anyone, today's game is about today, play Texas Tech like you'd play anyone else. They aren't that bad either. Nebraska comes out with that fire and we'll be okay. GO BIG RED!!!

Im not as nervous as i am about road games. But i think Paul in WI has the right answer. Maybe the kid found himself on that dark rainy night. Up against it all. Against a team that has rolled us for 2 years. Lees a good qb, especially at home. He might just have what it takes this year. IM not near as nervous with him at home as i am with him on the road. The D plays good wherever it goes, we just need lee and the o to step up to the plate now.

The only thread I posted last week, huZkerbob, was one about defense. I don't try to "look good" off the loss of the team I root for. I have a legitimate concern that I wanted to discuss, nothing more.

And yes, I suppose you're right that it's a good team to have subpar running against, although we need somewhat of a running game to gain TOP. And yes, TTech has struggled vs. good defenses, and I just hope ours is good enough to do the same.

I guess what it boils down to is I'm not used to the praise and the attention we've been getting lately, and would hate if we lost all that and were embarrassed or something. My psyche is still scarred from the Dark Years. We've got a great team and we're at home, guess I just have to focus on positives.

Go big red!