Zack Lee or Cody Green

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

How is Green not it? He might not be today, but the kid I think has the makings of a great QB at NU.

Where else are we going to find a QB that isn't Lee or Green today anyway?

All all said the same thing.

1. Green can't read a D

2. He has a gun for an arm but God knows where it's going to go

Where to find one today will be tough. But they all said same thing in seperate conversations. They all can't be wrong.

Sure they can. Fact.

Green looks a lot better in the pocket even with a rush than Lee does. I'm not sure whether that will translate into him doing better, but once Lee starts dancing around, I don't see much good happening. Green steps forward, and lets it fly. I'm just not sure how badly he's forcing it when he does so. It just looks better, which isn't worth much. But I think it's something that has nothing to do with a playbook or how they look in practice.

Lee's faster.

But he won't run.

That can be developed faster than Green can develop his passing.

Anyway, the point was Lee can get out of trouble, which the poster above suggested Green could do better.

From what I've seen Lee has about zero pocket presence. He's not good at escaping trouble, either. Nor is he an accurate passer. I'm not sure what his strengths are, come to think of it, except not throwing INTs (which may be a benefit of over/under throwing out routes or hitting receivers' feet).

Lee's faster.

But he won't run.

Anyway, the point was Lee can get out of trouble, which the poster above suggested Green could do better.

From what I've seen Lee has about zero pocket presence. He's not good at escaping trouble, either. Nor is he an accurate passer. I'm not sure what his strengths are, come to think of it, except not throwing INTs (which may be a benefit of over/under throwing out routes or hitting receivers' feet).

Yeah. Lee has had ample time to show us something . . . ANYTHING. He can't/won't make plays with his feet. I don't care what his 40 time is. He is indecisive, slow, and has no shiftiness whatsoever. Similarly, I don't care how strong his arm is or how athletic he is. If you can't complete a 10 yard pass it doesn't matter if you have the strongest arm in college football history. He needs to watch some games from the sideline.

Lee's faster.

But he won't run.

Yeah. Lee has had ample time to show us something . . . ANYTHING. He can't/won't make plays with his feet. I don't care what his 40 time is. He is indecisive, slow, and has no shiftiness whatsoever. Similarly, I don't care how strong his arm is or how athletic he is. If you can't complete a 10 yard pass it doesn't matter if you have the strongest arm in college football history. He needs to watch some games from the sideline.

The receivers have some BLAME. Catch the f'ing ball

Lee's faster.

But he won't run.

The receivers have some BLAME. Catch the f'ing ball

Agreed. They drop way more than they should. That said, there are more balls hitting the ground at their feet or going 6 feet over their heads than there are drops.

yeah, I'm baffled. How many INTs does Zac have all year? 3? And one came on an inconsequential hail mary at the end of a half?

Zac was plenty mobile in the pocket, using his feet to get out of trouble and then throw when it looked like he might take off, against VT. He made some good plays that way, but granted, he did struggle for much of the game.

We got to go with Green. Lee can't play well in a game unless the team we're playing is from the sun-belt. Green might not be an immediate solution, but he is definitely our future, not Lee. And since we've already burned his redshirt might as well give him the experience to prepare him for the next three years.

Cody Green needs to start. I will say the same thing as I did after the VT game. Better now to play Green and get him ready for the future. We are all going to be upset with future losses (definitely v. OU and @KU...and perhaps another one somewhere before it ends)...so let's just play Green now so we can start bringing him along. Lee is not taking us to any magical BCS game this year, that is obvious. Thank you Zac Lee for a memorable comeback game against Mizzou but it is now time for CG! Let's see what the kid can do!

Have you watched KU play the past 2 weeks? Really? definitely lose to them?

Have you watched us play the last 2 weeks and yes.

Yea i've been at both games and watched both of them just fine. A guarnateed loss to KU would be like guaranteeing we lose to KSU, ISU, CU, etc right now. They haven't proven ANYTHING. Zip, zero, zilch. While you can say we haven't proven anything either, our defense has proven 100x more than KU's squad has proven.