Anyone else want the option offense back?

Watching the game yesterday made me realize how much I really miss the option. The west coast offense just seems so hit and miss as we have witnessed the past few years for example the Missouri game. Consistency is what wins championships and the West Coast offense cannot be run consistently with an average quarterback and average wide receivers. I miss the games when we just worn down teams physically and our running backs got into a rythym. Bo Pelini does not seem to understand the West Coast offense as well as Watson and it inhibits him from being an effective coach. Pelini should be enrolled in Running the Option 101 by Dr. Tom and we need to restore the tradition starting with Cody Green. Pelini has brought back the Blackshirt tradition now its time for the OPTION!

I have mixed feelings on this topic. I want to be able to run the football and have some passing to go with it. The option was great, but when we faced teams with big time team speed (Miami) it just felt like beating your head against a brick wall at times. Think of the first T.O. title...if you saw the game, and you are being honest, it felt like the option was never going to work. We wore them down late and we rallied to win, but for most of the game, the option was like....OK, there's a gain of one....followed closely by....OK, there's a loss of one.

I have mixed feelings on this topic. I want to be able to run the football and have some passing to go with it. The option was great, but when we faced teams with big time team speed (Miami) it just felt like beating your head against a brick wall at times. Think of the first T.O. title...if you saw the game, and you are being honest, it felt like the option was never going to work. We wore them down late and we rallied to win, but for most of the game, the option was like....OK, there's a gain of one....followed closely by....OK, there's a loss of one.

I agree with you yes but didn't it just seem back then that or offense as a whole was sp much more consistent? I also think that the option would compliment Pelini's demeanor so much more than the West coast offense does. He could light a fire under the O line just has he did with the D line this year and last year.

Watching the game yesterday made me realize how much I really miss the option. The west coast offense just seems so hit and miss as we have witnessed the past few years for example the Missouri game. Consistency is what wins championships and the West Coast offense cannot be run consistently with an average quarterback and average wide receivers. I miss the games when we just worn down teams physically and our running backs got into a rythym. Bo Pelini does not seem to understand the West Coast offense as well as Watson and it inhibits him from being an effective coach. Pelini should be enrolled in Running the Option 101 by Dr. Tom and we need to restore the tradition starting with Cody Green. Pelini has brought back the Blackshirt tradition now its time for the OPTION!

And who is going to run the option? Zak Lee? hahaha. Green? hahaha. What backs will carry the ball?hahaha. Nebraska has 0 talent to run anything, especially an option. Watson has totally destroyed the offense and BO let him do it. Give up. This team is bad bad bad. Until they get rid of all the coaches and get some better players the Huskers will suck suck suck...

And who is going to run the option? Zak Lee? hahaha. Green? hahaha. What backs will carry the ball?hahaha. Nebraska has 0 talent to run anything, especially an option. Watson has totally destroyed the offense and BO let him do it. Give up. This team is bad bad bad. Until they get rid of all the coaches and get some better players the Huskers will suck suck suck...

OK...Bo is gone....and the whole staff.... Who do we hire?! I can't wait for this response. And people think I am being over reactionary to say that Gilmore and Watson should take a walk.

I think that Green could be molded into a good option QB. Helu has been effective when used, and has the speed to take the corner. That said, I wouldn't just change the whole offense. You need leaders on offense, we have none.

The offense you run is of less importance. Of more importance is execution and having the personnel to execute.

The offense you run is of less importance. Of more importance is execution and having the personnel to execute.

In order to execute at a high level you have to have pride in the type of offense you run. Or team and our fans have no pride in the stupid west coast offense Callahan brought to us. WE HAVE PRIDE IN THE OPTION!

by the way what makes people think Cody Green can't run the option?