Anyone else want the option offense back?

When GT actually wins something, then maybe someone might have a leg to stand on with saying it's a viable offense. The option can win games, not championships right now. Just like TT's offense can win games but can't win it all.

I'm going to say this next thing only once.

You need to be able to run and pass the ball to win it all

The days of one dimensional offenses are gone. If you are going to incorporate option plays into the offense, the offense will end up resembling either what Florida runs or Rich Rod's offense.

What we are missing is playmakers at the skill positions, and an O-line that actually has some attitude.

TT and GaTech are not national powers with hype. If GaTech was squeaking by folks they would not be in the top 3 like UT. UT is OVER-RATED and only stays high because of tradition from the 60s and having a huge population and media markets. Tech doesn't get the 4/5 star QBs or WRs, nor do they get that on defense, so when they beat UT, UT should be ashamed. Check out GaTech's OL, they have 1 300 guy and 1 6'5" guy, the rest are 6'3" and in the 250-270 range. By the way the 6'5" 300 lb person is one guy!!!

I like the West Coast Offense (when it works). I think we saw its success to a degree last year. It all depends on the ability of the QB to read the play and the receiver to run the right route. However, unfortunately, both of these are something we don't have.

I dont think we could run the option at this point with that O line.

What good team did NU beat last year, like UT, Tech or OU? The WC offense did not work!

I have never understood a few things.

1. The defenses are to fast for the option. Okay, but why did the players on defense get faster but the players on offense have not? Didnt they both get faster?

2. People think that its the offense you run that makes you good/bad and there is truth to that but I think it has more to do with the tendencies of that playcaller. TO was great at changing things up, some coaches are more predictable. Mike Leach, is a coach that is very very good at changing things up and his offense is very good.

I have never understood a few things.

1. The defenses are to fast for the option. Okay, but why did the players on defense get faster but the players on offense have not? Didnt they both get faster?

2. People think that its the offense you run that makes you good/bad and there is truth to that but I think it has more to do with the tendencies of that playcaller. TO was great at changing things up, some coaches are more predictable. Mike Leach, is a coach that is very very good at changing things up and his offense is very good.

Georgia, VaTech, FSU, Miami have all lost to the Jackets, are they all slow defenses? Washington Huskies, Miami, FSU, KSU all had fast defenses and so did Florida back in the 90s as did VaTech and Tennessee and they all lost to NU, so this faster defenses is BS! These defenses have went to a 3-3-5 to stop the pass, but that set and to small DEs would be crushed vs the 90s teams. Washing and NU both basically ran nickel defenses. Remember NU switched from a 5-2 to their nickel defense as the full time defense, with the WIL basically being and extra Rover.

The STUPIDEST and DUMBEST post/reply ever on this board! I guess Miami, Washington, Florida, FSU, KSU, VaTech and Tennessee all had SLOW and LUMBERING defenses? GaTech has beaten Miami, Georgia, VaTech, FSU and UNC in their first two years in the system, I guess their defenses are all to SLOW to defend the option!!! Definitely a FAKE Big Red Fan!

The STUPIDEST and DUMBEST post/reply ever on this board! I guess Miami, Washington, Florida, FSU, KSU, VaTech and Tennessee all had SLOW and LUMBERING defenses? GaTech has beaten Miami, Georgia, VaTech, FSU and UNC in their first two years in the system, I guess their defenses are all to SLOW to defend the option!!! Definitely a FAKE Big Red Fan!

I totally agree, its like I said in the other thread. If the defensive players got faster guess what, the offensive players got faster too. Its weird to think that people feel only the defensive guys got faster.

Husker football was built around the option. Many people nowadays claim that it would be ineffective against defenses nowadays, but IMO, I think it can still be highly effective if run properly. A power running game + play action passing mixed in is tough combination to stop. You can't tell me that the '83 or '95 teams wouldn't be able to score against teams of today. Bottom line is, you have to be able to recruit top talent to come to Lincoln. So far, I haven't been impressed with this staff's recruiting. I've been a Husker fan since the early 80s, and I'm still not convinced that Pelini can get the job done. I'm starting to think that we need to get an ESTABLISHED successful coach who is a good recruiter. If Nick Saban can turn around Alabama and get top talent to come to Tuscaloosa for God's sake, why can't they get top talent to come to Lincoln?