Honestly some people

NPhusker

RANT (sorry for the length but i had a lot to say)

First thing that is bothering me here is all the poeple saying we needd to put SUH on offense.

In the preseason i heard a lot of hype about Tyler Legate, they said he is as punishing a blocker as we have on the team. He was supposed to be the next Makovicka, but someone correct me if im wrong, have we even given this kid a chance to prove himself in goal line situations.

So i would think before we just throw Suh out there and run right at them lets give our true fullback to do his job.

Now dont take this the wrong way, i think Suh would do great as a lead blocker. But also i think Eric Crouch would have been a great cover corner, and Ahman Green would have been a great linebacker. So why didnt we play those guys both ways, Answer: these football players are human, not machines. They are gonna get tired and worn out if you run them out on the field every chance the coaches can. Heck why stop at fullback, lets put Suh on KO and KO return, it would be amazing seeing that 300 pound beast flying down the field taking peoples heads off.

But if you do that then when the game is on the line and our defense needs one more stop, Suh we not be able to perform at the standard we have come to expect, he wont run the RB down, he wont shed that lineman and get in the QBs face.

I want suh to be the beast he is on defense and give the real fullbacks a shot at doing there job.

Number two of this rant is about all the people getting on Watson and Gilmore sayin they are terrible coaches.

However i do think that the last two games (Tech and Missouri) the WR and QB play has been anything but good. The WR's have struggled to catch the ball and our Lee pushed anything down field, opting to take the dump down instead of putting pressure on the defense, also he seems scared in the pocket and goes down way to easy.

But how much of this is our coaches fault, Gilmore cant go out there and catch the ball for our WRs. Watson cant go out there and show Lee where to throw the ball.

Before you get on these two coaches you need to look at some stats:

Total offense- 14th

Passing offense- 23rd

Scoring offense- 17th

Total offense-9th

Passing offense- 7th

Scoring offense- 28th

Total offense- 12th

Passing offense-15th

Scoring offense17th

Passing offense is direct results of QBs and WRs for the most part, and those are some pretty good stats if you ask me.

We have very high expectations for our offense because of how good our coaches have been and we have been blessed with a few QBs and WRs that were alot better than expected.

Now we have a QB and some WRs under performing and all of a sudden these coaches suck.

Personally i think coaches get to much credit for winning and to much credit for losing, a coach can only do so much.

It's the sixth game of the season. Why can we still count on multiple false starts, holds, personal fouls on the offensive line? Why is Lee changing the play so much? This is stuff the coaches are responsible for. Sit the kid down and say look just run the play we send down 9 out of 10 times. Coaches, coaches, coaches. They're the ones that are supposed to know what the hell is going on at all times. They the ones getting paid to fix things!!!!!

Good post NP, but how in the name of all that is holy are we ranked THAT high in those rankings...?

Can that be right? My Lord, anybody that SAW that game knows that the offense laid a big stinky out on the field Saturday... Not that they can't use this as motivation and kick some butt from here on out, but, wow, those rankings seemed skewed... (skewered?)

GO BIG RED!

Good post NP, but how in the name of all that is holy are we ranked THAT high in those rankings...?

Can that be right? My Lord, anybody that SAW that game knows that the offense laid a big stinky out on the field Saturday... Not that they can't use this as motivation and kick some butt from here on out, but, wow, those rankings seemed skewed... (skewered?)

GO BIG RED!

I don't see any rankings for this year.. i see 06,07,08... the last 2 cally years and 1st under bo...

on the other hand...

NP, love the post man. the coaches get way too much credit in the wins and take too much crap in the losses. The o-line is more at fault than anything else for obvious reasons.. the stupid penalties... how the hell do we have so many holding calls when Tech had ZERO? really? and without wide outs catching balls that hit them in the hands, it's kind of hard to move the ball. if they can' t catch the ball right at them how can we afford to take shots down field?

You would have me believe that there's not a single reciever that can catch the ball consistently? And again, if the oline is jumping constantly change all those audibles. Less to think about. I would be interested to see Lee call a whole game without an audible and see if the false start count goes down.

You would have me believe that there's not a single reciever that can catch the ball consistently? And again, if the oline is jumping constantly change all those audibles. Less to think about. I would be interested to see Lee call a whole game without an audible and see if the false start count goes down.

That is a good point. All the false has to be inconstancy in his cadence. You cant practice it one way and then all of a sudden change on game day. It seem like if the play is on one; he is going to the line and saying set hut, then changing the play when they are expecting the second hut.