Helu Should Sit Out Against Iowa State

Give Helu some time to recover, no need to risk injury in a game that we should win anyways (I'm not taking Iowa State lightly by any means). Plus our younger backs need to get some experience & the Iowa State game would give one of them a chance to step up & establish himself as the NO 2 back.

Have you seen what else is left in the stable?? Our 2nd and 3rd string RB's might as well be Iowa State RB's.

Nice!!! :clap

Nah...I think the guy is right. You all are getting way ahead of yourselves, especially for a bunch just coming off a 31-10 shellacking from an unranked Texas Tech...A Texas Tech team everyone here had written off before the game started.

Guys...you aren't that good enough to be dissing anybody, let alone Iowa State. You gained 70 net yards on the ground Saturday! Not 700...70! Lee got sacked 5 times! Your receivers dropped a good 10 passes...and that's just the offense. How about this fabulous defense? I'm sorry but Sheffield was playing in just his 5th college game...I didn't say "starting"...I said "playing"...and the guy crushed you. 234 yards...no interceptions on 23 of 32 passing. Means burned your secondary for 100 yards on 5 passes. I would say you did well against the run except that, not counting the scrambles, TT only ran the ball 15 times. They didn't have to! Sheffield was having an easy enough time picking apart the seconday and LB's. Why run?

You got false start, roughing, intentional grounding penalties all over the play...you got a TRIPPING penalty for God's sake. When do you see one of those anymore?

And look around...you beat some Sun Belt teams and an inexperienced Missouri team in the pouring rain where luck had a lot more to do with the final score than skill.

It's time for a dose of reality here. You can go ahead and disrespect any opponent but just realize how idiotic it sounds to some people (me) when you really don't have a leg to stand on at this point. Iowa State will come in and play you tough...may win, may lose...but it's going to be a good game because, contrary to popular belief and what your Las Vegas and ESPN point shavers are saying...we've caught up with you this year....

I got my dose of reality last Saturday. I wish I could say you were wrong, but I can't.

You husker kool aid suckers will find out soon enough that ISU is no pushover and you should be very concerned about this game. I'm not saying they will win, but it would not be a surprise. The north is wide open boys.

just cuz KU struggled it does not mean that we will......you guys are even more overrated than we are.....just sayin......

Give Helu some time to recover, no need to risk injury in a game that we should win anyways (I'm not taking Iowa State lightly by any means). Plus our younger backs need to get some experience & the Iowa State game would give one of them a chance to step up & establish himself as the NO 2 back.

Have you seen what else is left in the stable?? Our 2nd and 3rd string RB's might as well be Iowa State RB's.

actually, i think that ISU's RB is tearing it up.

Nah...I think the guy is right. You all are getting way ahead of yourselves, especially for a bunch just coming off a 31-10 shellacking from an unranked Texas Tech...A Texas Tech team everyone here had written off before the game started.

Guys...you aren't that good enough to be dissing anybody, let alone Iowa State. You gained 70 net yards on the ground Saturday! Not 700...70! Lee got sacked 5 times! Your receivers dropped a good 10 passes...and that's just the offense. How about this fabulous defense? I'm sorry but Sheffield was playing in just his 5th college game...I didn't say "starting"...I said "playing"...and the guy crushed you. 234 yards...no interceptions on 23 of 32 passing. Means burned your secondary for 100 yards on 5 passes. I would say you did well against the run except that, not counting the scrambles, TT only ran the ball 15 times. They didn't have to! Sheffield was having an easy enough time picking apart the seconday and LB's. Why run?

You got false start, roughing, intentional grounding penalties all over the play...you got a TRIPPING penalty for God's sake. When do you see one of those anymore?

And look around...you beat some Sun Belt teams and an inexperienced Missouri team in the pouring rain where luck had a lot more to do with the final score than skill.

It's time for a dose of reality here. You can go ahead and disrespect any opponent but just realize how idiotic it sounds to some people (me) when you really don't have a leg to stand on at this point. Iowa State will come in and play you tough...may win, may lose...but it's going to be a good game because, contrary to popular belief and what your Las Vegas and ESPN point shavers are saying...we've caught up with you this year....

Shellacking? What game were you watching? It was a no-good game on our part, but it was hardly a great game by Tech. That was "Backing into a victory" if I've ever seen it. I realize that Nebraska played badly on offense. That's why Lee's gone this week, plain and simple. With the game still on the line, Green looked good. Not great, but good. Given a week practicing with the first squad and the whole game to get his game going, he will be a star. Not immediately, don't get me wrong. I'm being realistic here. The simple fact that Green can THROW THE BALL is an improvement. Plus, he isn't afraid to run. Lee has squandered many opportunities for first downs by hesitating to run.

Obviously you did not watch the game, or if you did you are extremely ignorant and clueless about this thing we call football. "No leg to stand on." That's obviously not the case, as I just explained our leg. Sticking with the "leg" metaphor, it may not be the sexiest leg, but it's a leg nonetheless. Iowa State is getting better, and I could be entirely wrong, but I doubt the game will be very close.

Cy I usually agree with most of what you say, but I wouldn't say Sheffield picked us apart. If you watched the game he had some tipped balls that were caught in the first quarter that gave him confidence and Yes he did make some pretty darn good throws but after the first quarter when the game settled in he had a hard time moving the ball.

Helu will play and start this game if he is available and not injured. Simply put, College coaches don't sit players just to rest them. Helu will play and will only get pulled if we have a comfortable lead. However, he didn't play much in the 2nd half of the TT game so his injury may be more severe then reported. I would expect him to play and hopefully play for the entire game because it will be closer then most people expect.

Shellacking? What game were you watching? It was a no-good game on our part, but it was hardly a great game by Tech. That was "Backing into a victory" if I've ever seen it. I realize that Nebraska played badly on offense. That's why Lee's gone this week, plain and simple. With the game still on the line, Green looked good. Not great, but good. Given a week practicing with the first squad and the whole game to get his game going, he will be a star. Not immediately, don't get me wrong. I'm being realistic here. The simple fact that Green can THROW THE BALL is an improvement. Plus, he isn't afraid to run. Lee has squandered many opportunities for first downs by hesitating to run.

Obviously you did not watch the game, or if you did you are extremely ignorant and clueless about this thing we call football. "No leg to stand on." That's obviously not the case, as I just explained our leg. Sticking with the "leg" metaphor, it may not be the sexiest leg, but it's a leg nonetheless. Iowa State is getting better, and I could be entirely wrong, but I doubt the game will be very close.

Uh...yeah...I'm totally ignorant about football. Don't know the first thing about it. Can't understand where a 24-3 lead at halftime equates to "backing into a victory". I always thought that was kinda like "domination" (i.e. Texas Tech could move the ball and sustain a drive whereas the Huskers could not) I'll see how Green does in something other that garbage time...until then, he's an unknown. Not saying ISU hasn't been burned by the unknown quarterback before (for instance...Brad Smith...then Chase Daniel...) but I'm willing to wait and see....

Keep overestimating yourselves...keep underestimating your opponents...that's a winning strategy right there. Doesn't matter if you're going up against the 9th ranked rushing offense in the nation...doesn't matter if you have to run it up against the leading tackler in the Big 12...doesn't matter if your going up against a line that is leading the nation in least sacks allowed...you'll win this one easy cuz you...why because you're Nebraska!

Regulars: Excuse my rant...a lack of respect without basis is one of my pet peeves. I'm still an NU fan any weekend of the year...except this one.

Keep overestimating yourselves...keep underestimating your opponents...that's a winning strategy right there. Doesn't matter if you're going up against the 9th ranked rushing offense in the nation...doesn't matter if you have to run it up against the leading tackler in the Big 12...doesn't matter if your going up against a line that is leading the nation in least sacks allowed...you'll win this one easy cuz you...why because you're Nebraska!

QFT.

Nebraska fans have a serious reality complex.